Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where will it end...

Sounds like they should have just totaled it out, it just keeps getting worse...
That’s what the adjuster said when I called him lmao. He was SO pissed and angry he said “What do you expect me to do, open your hood and fix it for you? Take it to the shop.” and then he like muttered that he should have totaled it. No shit! I fought to have it totaled every step of the way.... he just didn’t listen lol.

I also haven’t received the check for the bumper that I bought with my own money and he was all mad about that too lol. I’m sure he’s losing out on a bonus or something because of this, after my diminished value check (I hired a company sounds like I’ll be able to get at least $4k) geico lost their ass on this. Could’ve just written me a $16k check and it would’ve easily gotten $6k at auction. But now they’re probably looking at $20k+ out of pocket for them all said and done.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now I feel for y’all that want the Bronco here today ???. Might have to buy a shitbox and wait it out. And yes, I feel fine. No airbag deployed.
E1307E4A-B329-4D2E-9D57-1173BF5A5095.jpeg

Anything you walk away from (And everyone else does) is a win man. Glad your safe.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, what a disaster. Did you hire an attorney to boost the diminished value estimate?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, what a disaster. Did you hire an attorney to boost the diminished value estimate?
Someone at the body shop told me about this company called autoloss, you pay them $200 and they basically negotiate for you. I would prefer not to go the attorney route but if I have to I will. He said he’s heard good results from people that utilize it though!

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright advice time guys, so they got the gas tank in. My question... should I buy a fuel pump as preventative maintence and have them throw it in there? I know it’s a major PITA to replace it if it goes bad, since I’ll be getting free labor figure it might be worthwhile. Thoughts?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright advice time guys, so they got the gas tank in. My question... should I buy a fuel pump as preventative maintence and have them throw it in there? I know it’s a major PITA to replace it if it goes bad, since I’ll be getting free labor figure it might be worthwhile. Thoughts?
i would go ahead and do it. especially since you got free labor comin your way

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You already know the answer here. Spending cash on a vehicle you know you’re getting rid of might suck but you’ll feel better knowing you don’t have to worry about it.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In agreeance with Fordboi. The cheap part of me says hell no since you will be selling it. But seeing how this has gone for you, better do it while you have free labor so it doesn't poop out on ya in a couple months.

edit: Also save all the receipts. That way you can show the potential buyer of the jeep. It will be a little added bonus for them to know it was replaced and one less thing they have to worry about.

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if you plan on keeping it ?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would go ahead and do it. especially since you got free labor comin your way
You already know the answer here. Spending cash on a vehicle you know you’re getting rid of might suck but you’ll feel better knowing you don’t have to worry about it.
In agreeance with Fordboi. The cheap part of me says hell no since you will be selling it. But seeing how this has gone for you, better do it while you have free labor so it doesn't poop out on ya in a couple months.

edit: Also save all the receipts. That way you can show the potential buyer of the jeep. It will be a little added bonus for them to know it was replaced and one less thing they have to worry about.
Thanks guys, figured it was worth it to just not have to worry about it. $200 out of pocket for something that has a probability of costing me $1k+ if it does fail... worth it.
Only if you plan on keeping it ?
Since I’m doing the granger October deal I’m going to have it for at least another 18 months, so I want it in tip top shape.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I’m doing the granger October deal I’m going to have it for at least another 18 months, so I want it in tip top shape.
18 months should be plenty of time for Bronco Angry Eyes to be released!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys, figured it was worth it to just not have to worry about it. $200 out of pocket for something that has a probability of costing me $1k+ if it does fail... worth it.

$200 for a new fuel pump? DO IT!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

18 months should be plenty of time for Bronco Angry Eyes to be released!
will you shut up!? we don't want him to get any ideas lol
Sponsored