Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks about the mustang. For a vehicle you want to keep forever, oh heck yeah I’ll do the repair. But when you were planning on selling it in less than a year... just write me a check.

Just checking craigslist, good lord is it hard to find a beater though. There isn’t a single crown Vic on the Phoenix craigslist. Cherokees are so much more expensive than they were, Broncos are shitboxes or insanely overpriced. Gonna be tricky.
That is probably going to be the hardest part. My son had an accident when he was in undergrad and we had to try to help find him a car he could afford. We drive 4x4s due to where we live. It was very slim pickins. He eventually found a nice used Jeep at a GMC dealership that someone traded in on a truck. How we found it was to search several times a day on fb marketplace. The dealers will put their really nice used vehicles on and people snap them up right away. We literally went to the dealer within hours and my son put down a deposit. The car hadn't been detailed or anything at that point. So, that is my advice. Good luck!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Glad to see you are OK @Nickp but I do want you to know, my offer of new angry eyes was for your Bronco.. So you smashing your Jeep like this doesn't get you what you wanted ?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is probably going to be the hardest part. My son had an accident when he was in undergrad and we had to try to help find him a car he could afford. We drive 4x4s due to where we live. It was very slim pickins. He eventually found a nice used Jeep at a GMC dealership that someone traded in on a truck. How we found it was to search several times a day on fb marketplace. The dealers will put their really nice used vehicles on and people snap them up right away. We literally went to the dealer within hours and my son put down a deposit. The car hadn't been detailed or anything at that point. So, that is my advice. Good luck!
Our Facebook marketplace for cars in Phoenix has gone to hell. It’s all buy here pay here lots advertising the “price” as the down payment. And I can’t figure out how to filter dealers out, so I’ve been checking OfferUp/Craigslist. Luckily I’ve got a rental car for a month, so I just need to keep an eye out.
Glad to see you are OK @Nickp but I do want you to know, my offer of new angry eyes was for your Bronco.. So you smashing your Jeep like this doesn't get you what you wanted ?
???

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck!

Our Facebook marketplace for cars in Phoenix has gone to hell. It’s all buy here pay here lots advertising the “price” as the down payment. And I can’t figure out how to filter dealers out, so I’ve been checking OfferUp/Craigslist. Luckily I’ve got a rental car for a month, so I just need to keep an eye out.

???

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah she claimed I intentionally hit her and sped up when I was getting close. Cop didn’t believe her for a second but it’s good to have proof.
I ride a motorcycle to work as often as I can. Assholes like her really piss me off.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wasn’t expecting her to stop. If you watch the hood carefully you can see me brake early, then let off, then when I realized she wasn’t moving fast enough I brake again. But it was too late.

LOL
This is why I treat everyone on the road like they’re complete idiots.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I treat everyone on the road like they’re complete idiots.
Yup. I learned the hard way unfortunately.

I’m just thankful that I’m alright. Definitely was sore for a few days but I’m pretty much back 100% at this point.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. I learned the hard way unfortunately.

I’m just thankful that I’m alright. Definitely was sore for a few days but I’m pretty much back 100% at this point.
Thats the most important thing. That, and not messing with your Bronco plans, of course. ;)

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats the most important thing. That, and not messing with your Bronco plans, of course. ;)
Well hopefully if they total my Jeep, whatever shitbox I get will last a year. Stack some cash in the meantime and I’ll be g2g.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update; everything actually going way better than expected! I was thinking frame damage, bent axle etc but the adjust just got done looking and it’s actually in way better shape than expected. Repairs will only be around $2k, and it won’t have an accident reported on the VIN! That’s what I was concerned about for next year, but keeping my resale intact I’ll be fine getting her back. What a nightmare though... look out for old lady’s guys!
Sponsored