Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is not just cars, it is ALL products that use computer chips...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh yeah, for me I do understand that. And, I also expected that with the Bronco. I think for me it's the lack of communications from Ford, and the change they made with the allocation formula after the fact. I think I could deal with the wait much better if Ford wasn't so contrary with this launch.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is not just cars, it is ALL products that use computer chips...
You don't even need to add the "...computer chips" It is all products. My company makes some items that have zero microchip usage, 8 month lead time.

OP
OP
Broncotrax

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The attached article is not about delays or lead times.

Sponsored

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been equally obsessive between b6g and the Rivian forum. Had been equally excited for both reservations. Shadow Black Badlands and white R1S.
Even with all of the dealer ADM absurdity, Mic quality issues, reservation order/allocation unfairness and often times poor communication, Ford has NEVER come close to blowing up their relationships with their customers like what Rivian just did. They just turned the entire Rivian enthusiast community into vocal Rivian detractors in one day. My order is canceled. As are countless others.
Long winded way of agreeing with OP’s point.

FYI Rivian raised prices around 20% on basically every reservation holder. I went from $78k to $97. With my delivery window in the next couple of months. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Broncotrax

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one is blaming Ford for commodity issues although we are 2 years into this so...

No, the issue is (and I keep saying it)...

Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.
Did you read the article?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My takeaway from the article-

<<The attorneys wrote that this is because those buyers began voicing frustration about the issue on online forums, some specifically for discussions about GM vehicles. They also said GM should have known because the issue was written about in online trade publications and because public complaints were left on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website.>>

Don’t let people try to get folks to cover up “non issues” or “normal issues”. Like the blown 2.7’s. Speak up and make it known, because maybe it isn’t a widespread problem BUT maybe it is!

Sponsored

JimCA

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, for me I do understand that. And, I also expected that with the Bronco. I think for me it's the lack of communications from Ford, and the change they made with the allocation formula after the fact. I think I could deal with the wait much better if Ford wasn't so contrary with this launch.
This. All Ford has to do is communicate individually vs. mass emails that mean nothing. Even with all the parts challenges and allocation nonsense, it is within reason for a company doing business in the 21st century to be able to identify and communicate a timeframe that our truck orders will be built.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI Rivian raised prices around 20% on basically every reservation holder. I went from $78k to $97. With my delivery window in the next couple of months. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
As much as it sucks, I can't blame Rivian on that. They figured prices on relative stable costs 6+ months ago. In January alone the CPI in my area went up over 10%... the worlds in for a hurtin, buckle up.

OP
OP
Broncotrax

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. All Ford has to do is communicate individually vs. mass emails that mean nothing. Even with all the parts challenges and allocation nonsense, it is within reason for a company doing business in the 21st century to be able to identify and communicate a timeframe that our truck orders will be built.
The posted article is about mechanical issues and unreliable vehicles. Nothing to do with slow build times and lack of coms. Reading the replies here, I believe most people didn't even read the article Lol.

OP
OP
Broncotrax

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The posted article is about mechanical issues and unreliable vehicles. Nothing to do with slow build times and lack of coms. Reading the replies here, I believe most people didn't even read the article Lol.
Sponsored