Sponsored

Just Remember You Can Always Modify Later!

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the mods I have applied to my Camaro however I also loaded it out with the full track package out of the gate that avoided costly upgrades so I get both sides of the conversation.....
it’s why I’m so excited about the Bronco and was hesitant on the Jeep, most of the big upgrades that I want (35, shocks etc) will be factory installed and then I can add my personal touch
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember this when feeling the excitement slash panic of trying to figure out the right setup for you:

The models/options/features seem pretty daunting when there is no actual vehicles on the lot or a bunch in public to see. You can always modify pretty much anything you want to on your Bronco. I've owned many toyotas (1984 pickup, 1999 4Runner locker, 2001 Tacoma, 2015 Tundra) and have put on lifts, bumper/armor, wheels/tires, engine mods, interior mods. Not all of those things on each, but some of them needed different upgrades depending on what I was into for wheeling or daily driving.

The aftermarket products for the new Bronco will be super strong and within a very short time of them coming to market, there is going to be endless amounts of options for: suspension/lift upgrades, winch bumpers/armor, wheel/tire combo's, engine mods, exterior trim upgrades, interior trim upgrades.

I understand that placing a 'reservation' and 'ordering' an expensive vehicle, sight unseen, is a little nerve wracking. Problem is waiting time where you can overthink it. But people trying to figure out the exact perfect setup will always want something different once they have the vehicle and been using it for a while. Just like we always have before on every truck/suv; you will be modding that thing, over time, to fit your needs. Don't try and get it perfect the first time. You will get it perfect as you own it and use it and figure out what you really need and want. Plus...there is bound to be some badass aftermarket support on the Bronco. Can't wait to see some of the stuff that comes out once this is actually on the road.

I reserved what I thought I could afford with options that fit my needs for the 1st year...but for damn sure I will end up throwing some money for modifications as time goes on...that's part of the fun right!?

2cents for ya...
You beat me too it, if I weren't busy and lazy at the same time.

I'll getcha a drink when I start road tripping(y)

OP
OP

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd think it'd be much more clear to the insurance company the value of the car if most of it was in the purchase price
Well when we are driving off the lot we are all screwed for a couple years on value. I will give the best advice regarding this value/insurance issue...all you need is the 'loan gap coverage' feature with your insurance. This covers the amount of the loan at time of loss vs. value of vehicle at time of loss. Since most people get long loan terms (like 60 months, etc) so they can get the lowest monthly payment; you are behind on payments on the loan vs. vehicle value. If you total that vehicle in the first few years of new loan you will be owning them money without that 'loan gap coverage'. All you are really concerned about is getting paid enough from insurance to pay off the loan. More coins.....

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dumb question but how do you make sure modifications are all insured?
Simple, your modification do not add value to the vehicle
So no worries about insurance

OP
OP

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP, stop being logical. Ford needs to build MY Bronco EXACTLY how I want it, right down to the smallest of details.

Wait... you're telling me this is a mass produced vehicle and that isn't how this works?

Madness! I demand they cater to me as an individual. I simply CANNOT change anything myself.
People seem like they are having panic attacks...I thought I might just have to remind people not to go to therapy simply because they are not sure what to buy...hahaaaaa

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well when we are driving off the lot we are all screwed for a couple years on value. I will give the best advice regarding this value/insurance issue...all you need is the 'loan gap coverage' feature with your insurance. This covers the amount of the loan at time of loss vs. value of vehicle at time of loss. Since most people get long loan terms (like 60 months, etc) so they can get the lowest monthly payment; you are behind on payments on the loan vs. vehicle value. If you total that vehicle in the first few years of new loan you will be owning them money without that 'loan gap coverage'. All you are really concerned about is getting paid enough from insurance to pay off the loan. More coins.....
GAP insurance is definitely a good idea for people running long terms and not putting much down. Don’t always go through Ford for this though as I found out my insurance company offers it for way less than the dealership so shop around. As far as aftermarket and insurance goes... be careful. I’ve called my insurance company and several others and none will insure my truck past what their claims person tells them a bone stock truck is worth even though I have lots of custom off road parts added. So if I get totaled in crash they will give me $5k when I have $30k into it. Just be careful and call around. If you get into full custom off road you may need to get a custom insurance which costs a lot per month.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Neigh.hey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Completely disagree. The ability to option the Bronco to be completely trail ready off the dealership lot is the main reason I'm here. There are lots of vehicles that are just as good or maybe even better for my needs if I used your "you can mod it after the fact" line of reasoning.

I understand that many people enjoy modding and are excited to see what they can do to their Bronco, but NOT having to do that to the Bronco is what actually makes it special.

I hear ya, I'm mainly referring to cost up front. Plenty of people that can't afford a completely trail ready off the dealership lot Bronco. Could get a badass bronco, then get it to that level over a few years. That's all

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Simple, your modification do not add value to the vehicle
So no worries about insurance
While that is true (despite the number of people who think their mods double the price of their used vehicle) you CAN insure modifications but it's something you have to discuss with your insurance company and some will be more willing to do it than others.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added benefit of adding later. If I upgrade to modular bumper later, I would have stock bumper i could sell or keep just in case. Is the cost to upgrade at purchase discounted due to not using stock, or will price be same later? Or if it is discounted, is that an advantage to upgrading at purchase?

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changed insurance companies once and they asked me to come down with my Fj after I asked about extra coverage for after market parts. They said it was no big deal and they could help me out. 2 weeks later they sent me a letter and dropped all our car insurance but wanted to keep us for home insurance. I then dropped them.
If your wheeling hard just remember to maybe get the beefier front diff as that won’t be an easy upgrade to do yourself.

Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To be honest the hardest decision for me is choosing a color, which is difficult when not being able to see it in person, or even what all the colors look like in pictures.

I need a lineup of those jerrycans to be actual broncos and then I’ll be able to sleep at night ?

but I agree! Most things will be easy to mod and make yours
I have been by my Ford dealer to see some of the colors.
But lets get real every dealership should have a set of Jerry Cans. Just think of all the floor traffic that would create. Floor traffic equals money for car dealers.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No it was State Farm. Friend of mine said they were really good. they wouldn’t even insure our other regular vehicles Which I thought was weird.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone who spent tons and tons of money on an off road rig.... you can do it aftermarket but it will add up quickly. Lo

GAP insurance is definitely a good idea for people running long terms and not putting much down. Don’t always go through Ford for this though as I found out my insurance company offers it for way less than the dealership so shop around. As far as aftermarket and insurance goes... be careful. I’ve called my insurance company and several others and none will insure my truck past what their claims person tells them a bone stock truck is worth even though I have lots of custom off road parts added. So if I get totaled in crash they will give me $5k when I have $30k into it. Just be careful and call around. If you get into full custom off road you may need to get a custom insurance which costs a lot per month.
My credit union offers gap insurance, so some lenders might be cheaper than through your insurance company

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Added benefit of adding later. If I upgrade to modular bumper later, I would have stock bumper i could sell or keep just in case. Is the cost to upgrade at purchase discounted due to not using stock, or will price be same later? Or if it is discounted, is that an advantage to upgrading at purchase?
Pricing would be the same, it's not like they'd mail your plastic bumper back to Michigan to reuse on someone else's bronco

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pricing would be the same, it's not like they'd mail your plastic bumper back to Michigan to reuse on someone else's bronco
Are you saying those are dealer installed? Didn't realize that. Guess Granger will be even more busy than I thought!
Sponsored