Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted something very different from what I have been daily driving all of my adult life.
I have a 69 and always wished I could modernize it for daily driving. Plus, I used to offroad it and had fun, want to get back into it.
Ford finally came to my rescue.

Subaru Outback is not how I view myself.
This is.
Base ,standard susp. on new 35 x 11.5's!!
Ford Bronco Just wanting to know, why 35+ tire size's 1641268863295

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I choose the middle ground for mine. I ordered it with 32's, then had 34"x11"s installed 3 hours after I bought it. Didn't want to live with the "poor" handling, acceleration, cost, noise, and mpg of the SAS tires. Plus the 12in wide tires are a tad to wide to make it through local unlimited carwash.

Happy with my choice, looks almost as aggressive as SAS, yet much better suited for daily driving, especially in the rain and snow.

I don't think a lot of the "cool soccer mom" types realize what they are getting into with the more aggressive oversize tires, especially the mud tirrs that come on the Rubicon and Willy's Wranglers. Those who don't wheel will probably get tired of the noise and rough ride real quick.

Not trying to offend anyone, SAS definitely has it's purpose, but I believe the majority just wants it because it looks cooler.
I plan to put 34s on as well. What size worked for you, specifically? I have an OBX on order so I’m dealing with 18” rims.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Wrangler Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted something very different from what I have been daily driving all of my adult life.
I have a 69 and always wished I could modernize it for daily driving. Plus, I used to offroad it and had fun, want to get back into it.
Ford finally came to my rescue.

Subaru Outback is not how I view myself.
This is.
Base ,standard susp. on new 35 x 11.5's!!
Ford Bronco Just wanting to know, why 35+ tire size's 1641268863295
good looking ride and thank you for an honest comment

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan to put 34s on as well. What size worked for you, specifically? I have an OBX on order so I’m dealing with 18” rims.
285/75R17, I believe 285/70R18 would be the closest size for you.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The irony … jeep owners have been asking for decades for 35s from the factory then ford comes along and gives customers SAS which includes front and rear lockers with proper gearing and upgraded shocks on any trim and customers are asking why?

Humans >> we want things we can’t have but when we get it, we want something else.

Last edited:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A taller tire will climb over obstacles easier. 35's have been the typical goal for many vehicles, being somewhat easily attainable without having to do extensive modifications. Now they're pretty common and vehicles can easily be modified for 37s or more. Trade offs for weight and expense though.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The irony … jeep owners have been asking for decades for 35s from the factory then ford comes along and gives customers SAS which includes front and rear lockers with proper gearing and upgraded shocks on any trim and customers are asking why?

Humans >> we want things we can’t have but when we get it, we want something else.
Again, I've not said one time I wasn't going to do 35's. I'm just waiting.

Humans >> Only hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, or do what they want to do when it benefits an agenda.

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A taller tire will climb over obstacles easier. 35's have been the typical goal for many vehicles, being somewhat easily attainable without having to do extensive modifications. Now they're pretty common and vehicles can easily be modified for 37s or more. Trade offs for weight and expense though.
Depends on the tire (for pricing purposes) my wife and I both run Milestar Patagonia. While I'll be running the Extreme Terrains when I get my wheels. She has been running the Mud Terrains. Both are 285/70/17. Pricing is fairly reasonable even for a 315/70/17. Weight will always be an issue with bigger tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll be running 35's because that is what comes with the SAS package. I wanted the upgraded diffs, ratio, and lockers for planned trail running. If I had my way, I would have ordered it with 33's or maybe 34 ATs. I am hoping my dealer will give me trade credit for the Mts that come with the car, but if not - I'll run them until they need replacing - I am not the wasteful type.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Out on real trails it used to 31” holes, then 33” holes, then 35” holes, then 38” holes, then 40” holes and now it is 42”+ holes, 35”s can barley keep up...I’ll maybe go with a real 5” coil over setup and 37” when the 35s wear out?

OP
OP
Alan22

Alan22

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out on real trails it used to 31” holes, then 33” holes, then 35” holes, then 38” holes, then 40” holes and now it is 42”+ holes, 35”s can barley keep up...I’ll maybe go with a real 5” coil over setup and 37” when the 35s wear out?
you my friend are 100% correct in your statement. Pretty large lift with 37's you're looking at 7 inches of height from stock. That is if you have a sasquatch. Step ladders in your future