First Name
CW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO, HONDA
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't decide on the first set of A/T tires. I'm leaning towards 33's since ill mostly be highway driving so tread life is important. Originally I was looking at KENDA 35'S for cost, but now I'm looking at 33's Terraincontact A/T or Geolander X-AT. In Texas so more dirt and rock than snow. HELP! Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't decide on the first set of A/T tires. I'm leaning towards 33's since ill mostly be highway driving so tread life is important. Originally I was looking at KENDA 35'S for cost, but now I'm looking at 33's Terraincontact A/T or Geolander X-AT. In Texas so more dirt and rock than snow. HELP! Thanks in Advance.
Canā€™t speak from experience (yet) but Iā€™m in a similar situation. Most of my driving will be highway but I want larger tires than the 32ā€s that come with my OBX. My plan is to go with 305/70/r17 (33.8ā€). Specifically the Nitto Recon Grappler A/T. Theyā€™re quiet, A/T and still have an aggressive look.

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 6K miles on my Firestone Destination AT2's on my base 285/70/17. Driving a Sasquatch for about 100 miles I felt my base was way more road friendly and highway friendly than the basesquatch. I am amazed at just how good the sasquatch was with 35s though. My 7mt feels almost like a sports car on the AT2s. I would seriously consider sizing down to 33's if I had a Sasquatch just for their road manners. Just my uninformed, seat of the pants opinion.

Sponsored

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The family has a 97 TJ on 33's and my squatched badlands feels like a Cadillac on the highway in comparison. I know I know... solid front axle vs IFS.

I am just saying I, and everyone who gets in my Bronco, are really surprised with the road manners of the Bronco with 35's.

I have 14k miles on highway, side streets, gravel roads, and offroad.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 dr Base = automatic w/3.73 gears = WAY TOO TALL of gearing for 35's. It will be a slug off the line and the top gears will be pretty much unuseable or using them will KILL your MPG.

You'll be pushing it with 33's.

My manual with 4.46 gears is just a touch too tall with the 35's , but still drivable. ^th gear is useless now, but in 5th I can run the interstate and still get half decent mileage.

Factory OEM installs 4.70's with the 35's for a reason.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 dr Base = automatic w/3.73 gears = WAY TOO TALL of gearing for 35's. It will be a slug off the line and the top gears will be pretty much unuseable or using them will KILL your MPG.

You'll be pushing it with 33's.

My manual with 4.46 gears is just a touch too tall with the 35's , but still drivable. ^th gear is useless now, but in 5th I can run the interstate and still get half decent mileage.

Factory OEM installs 4.70's with the 35's for a reason.
I have had the same 35s on two broncos, going from 3.73 to 4.46 my mpg didn't change. Really 4.70 are not even low enough.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My vote is 35" K02s. Easily the best tire on the market.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the same 35s on two broncos, going from 3.73 to 4.46 my mpg didn't change. Really 4.70 are not even low enough.
Lol, when I figured my cirrected mileage, using 5th gear as my top gear, my interstate speed mileage actually improved!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s really personal preference and many factors come into play. On my 4 door I like the look of the 315/70R17 Wildpeaks. If I had a 2 Door I think you can go a bit smaller and get the same look. I donā€™t really care about losing a couple MPG with the larger tires as I go through more gas in my boats/Sea Doos in 4 months than I do in the Bronco in a year. :)

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did 33s on a 2 inch lift and its as big as I'd want to go for a daily with 3.73. I already have to lock it in sports mode to get 17 mpg highway. 35s would look and perform off-road better no doubt, I'm just not looking to get down to possibly 12 mpg lol

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I suggest 35's. My Badlands had them and it looks so much better than 33's. The ride was great. Feels like the Bronco was really made to run 35's.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did 33s on a 2 inch lift and its as big as I'd want to go for a daily with 3.73. I already have to lock it in sports mode to get 17 mpg highway. 35s would look and perform off-road better no doubt, I'm just not looking to get down to possibly 12 mpg lol
Fyi sport mode on an auto 3.73 bronco locks out 9th & 10th gear. This is actually lower gear ratio than 10th gear with 4.70 on sasquatch broncos. Mileage doesn't dive off as bad as people seem to think, I have been a solid 17-18mpg with both my broncos.
Sponsored