Sponsored

To add or not to add 35s on a non sas Badlands????

genevaguy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Sequioa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As mentioned in the post, removed the crash bars and used Forscan to change the tire circumference. You could also do this with the Ford Performance Pro Cal. No lift required.
I have been seeing on here, they are lifting to get to 35's and not have issues with performance in off road and on road.
Sponsored

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been seeing on here, they are lifting to get to 35's and not have issues with performance in off road and on road.
Sure, if they don’t have Badlands or the Sasquatch package. You’ll be fine otherwise.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, if they don’t have Badlands or the Sasquatch package. You’ll be fine otherwise.
35's will fit on a base* suspension without any lift. (*Non-Squatch -- Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, OBX)

It will work well in daily commute driving. I'm not sure about going full stuff off road though, I'm sure something will rub pretty hard.
I run 35x11.5 Toyo's on 17x8.5 Methods, +35mm. NO lift. Crash bars have to go to fit 35's.
I have to turn sharp and roll over a good hump to get it to rub, just barely at that.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...no-lift-method-703s-toyo-35-x-11-5-17s.32232/

Reactions: meh

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it the other way around to get the lower gearing for 35's. Solved the problem with the Bronco being wide for tight desert trails. Also, keeps the tires under the vehicle to avoid putting on mud flaps. Keeps the dirt off the door handles and windows. No rubbing and works great!

• Black Diamond Wheels on a Badlands
  • 315 Toyo Open Country R/T Trails "D Rated"
  • No lift or spacers

Ford Bronco To add or not to add 35s on a non sas Badlands???? Untitled design (1)

Ford Bronco To add or not to add 35s on a non sas Badlands???? Untitled desi

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeps the dirt off the door handles and windows.
Yeah, I'm surprised at how much better the +55 Badlands wheels (33's) keep "stuff" off of the sides compared to the +35 Methods on my Base. The Methods still keep the tires under the standard flares ...barrrrrely ... but still, HUGE difference.

That being said, see where the mud builds up on your leading edge of the rear flare?
That flare is taking a BEATING from the few times I have driven down gravel roads.
But my Badlands paint is still in MUCH better shape than the Base.

Either way, I'm still wanting mud flaps and extensions.
I have the Ford mud flaps, but they're too short for the 35's. They were cheap though. I will probably just bolt on some rubber mud flap material to extend them a few more inches .... costs less than $20 for a pair.
Ford Bronco To add or not to add 35s on a non sas Badlands???? 1702685626799

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm surprised at how much better the +55 Badlands wheels (33's) keep "stuff" off of the sides compared to the +35 Methods on my Base. The Methods still keep the tires under the standard flares ...barrrrrely ... but still, HUGE difference.

That being said, see where the mud builds up on your leading edge of the rear flare?
That flare is taking a BEATING from the few times I have driven down gravel roads.
But my Badlands paint is still in MUCH better shape than the Base.

Either way, I'm still wanting mud flaps and extensions.
I have the Ford mud flaps, but they're too short for the 35's. They were cheap though. I will probably just bolt on some rubber mud flap material to extend them a few more inches .... costs less than $20 for a pair.
Ford Bronco To add or not to add 35s on a non sas Badlands???? 1702685626799
Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe find a way to only use them off road? On and off kind of deal.
Sponsored