Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many may or may not know so thought I would tell a little trick.

With the Bronco and F150 (Maybe others also) if the truck is running or off if you push the 7-8 9-0 at the same time it will lock your ride. I use the to walk in stores or when I get out to lock the doors. Personally I never take the keys out of my ride. I just use the keypad.

On the F150 if after you unlock your truck you push the 5-6 it will open the tailgate if it is a power tailgate.

I have never had the problem of the back door not opening on my Bronco without me having the key also but I have never used the key only the pad.

This is said but when I tested I didn't get this result so test before you trust this.
Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Keypad (Trick) Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.29.36

Changing the code and more.

Sponsored

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pushing in code, then push 3-4 unlocks all doors. The keypad is nice.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if the truck is running or off if you push the 7-8 9-0 at the same time it will lock your ride. I use the to walk in stores or when I get out to lock the doors. Personally I never take the keys out of my ride. I just use the keypad.

So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.
Troll on my friend

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Troll on my friend
not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I occasionally leave my keys in an undisclosed location within my truck and I will press the last two buttons to lock it (I use this daily, preserves key fob batteries) if I'm wearing clothing without pockets, it is a great feature. Back in the days without this feature or other brands, friends would stash their keys (home, CARS and everything) in the filler door or on a tire, etc which I found incredibly foolish...

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.
Man I live in the south in an area where you never hear of car theft we all have guns. This is the last thing I worry about. I leave them in the center console. Yes if someone does cut the top and get in they will be able to crank the ride and leave with it. I'm also a grown man and will do what I want so I don't care if you like my ways or not. Do it don't do it I don't care but many people live in areas like me with no crime and don't really care what the trolls think

Its all perspective.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I occasionally leave my keys in an undisclosed location within my truck and I will press the last two buttons to lock it (I use this daily, preserves key fob batteries) if I'm wearing clothing without pockets, it is a great feature. Back in the days without this feature or other brands, friends would stash their keys (home, CARS and everything) in the filler door or on a tire, etc which I found incredibly foolish...
But with the key inside, if you leave it in the same hidden spot - will the engine start ?
How do the doors lock even with the key inside - there must be a spot or something that shields the key so the sensor does not know it is in there.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But with the key inside, if you leave it in the same hidden spot - will the engine start ?
How do the doors lock even with the key inside - there must be a spot or something that shields the key so the sensor does not know it is in there.
2004 F250s don't have these features, nor any of my other vehicles, and I don't expect a Bronco delivery this year. I also don't live in a turd-world s-hole and need to lock anything, but I really don't want to clean up after a shooting, so I lock things.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Many may or may not know so thought I would tell a little trick.

With the Bronco and F150 (Maybe others also) if the truck is running or off if you push the 7-8 9-0 at the same time it will lock your ride. I use the to walk in stores or when I get out to lock the doors. Personally I never take the keys out of my ride. I just use the keypad.

On the F150 if after you unlock your truck you push the 5-6 it will open the tailgate if it is a power tailgate.

I have never had the problem of the back door not opening on my Bronco without me having the key also but I have never used the key only the pad.
I do the same daily, I haven't taken the keys out of my truck in YEARS. Its also a function of living in an awesome place that car theft is of no concern. I will miss the keypad on the Bronco.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will lock with them in it no special spot, But it will start if a person get in it no matter what

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From experimenting with my F150, the fob needs to be close to where they’d be if you’re sitting in the driver’s seat. I can start the truck with the keys in the driver’s door, but if I stash them in the rear door it won’t start. You should try putting the fob in different locations in the cab and test start the Bronco.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do the same daily, I haven't taken the keys out of my truck in YEARS. Its also a function of living in an awesome place that car theft is of no concern. I will miss the keypad on the Bronco.
Man its a cheap add-on if your like me and use it everyday. If you didn't up front it looks to be a cheap add-on afterwards also.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From experimenting with my F150, the fob needs to be close to where they’d be if you’re sitting in the driver’s seat. I can start the truck with the keys in the driver’s door, but if I stash them in the rear door it won’t start. You should try putting the fob in different locations in the cab and test start the Bronco.
I can tell you it works in the center console
Sponsored