Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use mine everyday, I leave the keys in the F150 100% of the time and just use the keypad.

Also would like to point out the Fordpass remote start still works with the key in it locked.
Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's worth the money and it's convenient but the placement on the bronco is undesirable. I will probably get an aftermarket version and place it in a discreet location.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as it gets closer to finalize my order, I've been thinking about adding the keyless entry pad ($110). Is it worth adding to the Bronco at all? My dealer says that all Bronco models will be compatible with the Ford-Pass app that can lock and unlock doors, and use Remote start from the App (I have reservations for FE and BD). Is it worth having that little black bar on the door? And how many people will actually add this option? Thanks! I can't wait to place my order!

EDIT: I did not know it was just a stick on, saw a picture with just a black box on the door and thought it looked awful in my opinion (like an afterthought). Since it's dealer installed, I'll probably just ask for them to program and I'll stick it in another spot like behind the spare tire, or somewhere not as visible. Thanks for all the feedback!
We have keyless entry on two previous vehicles. The older F-150 was closer in style to what the Bronco is offering, but it is built-in to the door and hard-wired, which as you've read, is much better than the problematic keyless entry pad the Bronco will get (same as the Ranger has). The newer Escape has a way better, built into the B-pillar nearly-hidden design that is super cool. It's really convenient being able to get into the vehicle without keys or a phone. Had Bronco been offered with that, I would have happily bought it, even with the FordPass app capability. Even if the Bronco keypad was only ugly and worked well, I would have gotten it and put it somewhere out-of-sight. I've used it a fair amount on our vehicles and can see using it even more while camping and such with the Bronco.

On the off chance Ford improves the keypad, I'll just buy it later. It won't be any more expensive and doesn't require dealer installation, so I can wait and see if people say it's better than the Ranger keypad and use the FordPass app in the meantime.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So as it gets closer to finalize my order, I've been thinking about adding the keyless entry pad ($110). Is it worth adding to the Bronco at all? My dealer says that all Bronco models will be compatible with the Ford-Pass app that can lock and unlock doors, and use Remote start from the App (I have reservations for FE and BD). Is it worth having that little black bar on the door? And how many people will actually add this option? Thanks! I can't wait to place my order!

EDIT: I did not know it was just a stick on, saw a picture with just a black box on the door and thought it looked awful in my opinion (like an afterthought). Since it's dealer installed, I'll probably just ask for them to program and I'll stick it in another spot like behind the spare tire, or somewhere not as visible. Thanks for all the feedback!
I've had this on several cars and never used them. I always had the key with me and on the occasion I showed it to someone, I had to dig out the code because I couldn't remember it. The Ford Pass app is great for this purpose.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The keypad is worth its weight in gold. I have the goal of completely going keyless in my life.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For mountain biking, paddle boarding, playing at the beach or lake, I don't want to take my keys with me. Locking them in the car, and using keyless entry makes the most sense. Losing a key fob in the lake and a locksmith will cost way more than $110, so it was an easy decision.
I use one of these for mountain biking/hiking...

hitch safe.jpg

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a nice gadget!

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The keypad is worth its weight in gold. I have the goal of completely going keyless in my life.
I'm 100% keyless with my F150. I leave keys in it and use keypad. Also I use Fordpass to cut it on when its cold.

Ford Pass is next level you can set it up to turn on everyday at a certain time or whatever you want. It also lets you lock and unlock anytime. But I don't want to have to pull my phone out and click the app then click the unlock every time the pad is nice and fast.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought these were pretty cool back in the day on nicer Ford SUVs but don’t see the point now. A remote does the same thing in one push of a button.

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the best post of the thread! We're here in 2021 and people on forums are still using the search function like it's 1998. Absolutely appalling. I mean, you can do a google/Bing search and get content from this site.

I remember a time when people were able to use a phone book, the original search function.

That should not be possible, the proximity of the unit to the dashboard is important. There are some folks who relocated their keypad inside the fuel fill door on Ranger and have hit/miss connection (although the unit as a whole sucks, so it could be that)

Wow, I appreciate anybody remembering the issues others had to guide their own decisions.

To be technical,

1. the keypad delivered with our 2019 Ranger was non-operable.
    • The keypad also had a TSB during manufacturing which resulted in our Ranger being delayed by a few months (can't wait to see the shit-show that sort of delay causes on these forums!) then they built it with the v2.0 part
  2. The unit that replaced the first unit was non-operable from Ford
  3. The third unit was unable to connect to any Ford vehicle, our Ranger or anything on the lot.
  4. The fourth unit did connect, however, because of the ongoing TSB for the part (meaning v3.0), they had to issue us the old part number which will go through batteries like the fed gov goes through taxpayer dollars.
  5. The current unit (fourth) batteries died within 2 weeks of install and is non-operable
  6. We have been waiting for over 6 months to get the replacement part per TSB. A part which functions properly has not been made yet, nor would I expect it to come out in quantity prior to Job #1 of Bronco.
    • If the replacement part comes out during 2021, it will absolutely delay all Ranger & Bronco builds with this part. Ford cannot complete a vehicle without full parts content and this keypad is NOT a dealer-installed-option (DIO) within Bronco.
    • If this part number continues to be a shit-show and causes Bronco owners to get their builds delayed, i'm going to openly laugh and mock those people!
However, I won't bother linking anything here to my other threads, or the TSB, because the links were provided by #ZackDanger and people on this forum have proven that they certainly won't be searching for that info....

Yes, Bronco and Ranger will share the same part. Which is currently under TSB and you should rely on the current keypad leaving you stranded. Plenty of posts both on Bronco6g and Ranger5g about how poorly this keypad functions.

You'll care when it backs your order up multiple months :)
For a $100 or so option, I might have considered this option. But @Rick Astley scared me with the details of how it delayed his ranger order. I appreciated his insight on this option, My current daily driver is on its last leg...I know I have a long wait until my Bronco comes in, but I don't want the wait to be longer because of a bad choice on my part. Hard Pass for me!

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is standing next to your car like you’re at an atm, keying in a code like a nerd worth the time it takes just to not carry keys with you?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is standing next to your car like you’re at an atm, keying in a code like a nerd worth the time it takes just to not carry keys with you?
You've never run out to your car only to realize you don't have your keys on you... or never asked/gave permission to someone to go grab something out of your car... or never swung by a partner's vehicle to drop something off for them while they're inside at work?

Ton's of use-case scenarios (beyond wanting to lock your keys in your car while out enjoying some recreation)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For a $100 or so option, I might have considered this option. But @Rick Astley scared me with the details of how it delayed his ranger order. I appreciated his insight on this option, My current daily driver is on its last leg...I know I have a long wait until my Bronco comes in, but I don't want the wait to be longer because of a bad choice on my part. Hard Pass for me!
Frankly I should be telling every single person on here to go get the keypad to help my build go faster!

But that's not very nice, so as you say, it's only a few duckets. So save that crisp $100 note until after you have Bronco, then go to the parts counter and order the keypad if you want it....

I would never let you down, #kahunabob
Sponsored