John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm contemplating the Kuat Pivot 2 Swing away extension. It seems that the Driver Side door swing is the way to go (vs. Passenger Side swing). Just thought I would get a few opinions. My use is a bike rack and a ski rack.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like my 1UP (large). Bonus it can be used for driver swing or passenger swing. I removed the big sticker.
Ford Bronco Kuat Pivot 2 - Which Swing Direction is Best Photo Aug 12, 7 16 28 PM
Ford Bronco Kuat Pivot 2 - Which Swing Direction is Best Photo Aug 12, 7 16 37 PM
Ford Bronco Kuat Pivot 2 - Which Swing Direction is Best Photo Aug 12, 7 16 49 PM

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is a pax side swing but when I install it, I put it upside down so it swings drivers side. This allows me to move my hitch haul out of the way and let my dogs down. I do have SAS.

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my 1UP (large). Bonus it can be used for driver swing or passenger swing. I removed the big sticker.
Ford Bronco Kuat Pivot 2 - Which Swing Direction is Best Photo Aug 12, 7 16 49 PM
I can't seem to find the RackAttack swing hitch online anywhere. It's not on their web site.

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks good but a question, is this a single unit or you purchased the swing arm separately?

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks good but a question, is this a single unit or you purchased the swing arm separately?
They are separate. They also sell a reverse skid plate which allows for the tailgate to open when the bikes aren't on it. A good alternative if you didn't want to spring for the swing arm.

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Photo Aug 12, 7 16 28 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 12, 7 16 37 PM.jpg
Photo Aug 12, 7 16 49 PM.jpg
Is that the large or the medium Rakattach model?

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve gone back and forth but going to settle on passenger side. Reason being the only way I’d need rack to swing opposite of tailgate is if I had a nice camping setup to make the back of the vehicle camp kitchen.
and if the Kuat swings to driver side, you need both sides free to get into the trunk. Plenty of places where it’s be nice to only need to have the passenger side clear to swing rack and tailgate out of the way to the same side and get into the trunk.

OP
OP
JohnnyX

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve gone back and forth but going to settle on passenger side. Reason being the only way I’d need rack to swing opposite of tailgate is if I had a nice camping setup to make the back of the vehicle camp kitchen.
and if the Kuat swings to driver side, you need both sides free to get into the trunk. Plenty of places where it’s be nice to only need to have the passenger side clear to swing rack and tailgate out of the way to the same side and get into the trunk.
Thanks. That is exactly what I've been contemplating. TripleB is suggesting the Rakattach which can flip either way. It's a bit more expensive, but seems slightly better built. If I did the post over, I'd survey which swing gate was best and why.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBenster

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the P2 swinging to passenger side. Works great, and as noted above, I have clearance with my bike. Only thing that would give me pause is if I were rolling on larger/beefer tires and a larger spare may touch bike with swing gate and rack fully open. Also, not sure I want rack and swing gate opening in opposite directions in a tight trailhead parking lot. Build quality (so far) and versatility has surpassed my expectations. I am contemplating using it for other cargo carriers, recognizing it will reduce max weight capabilities.

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have the Kuat NV 2.0 bike carrier and the Kust swing arm extension and I have it swing out to the passenger side and it allows me plenty of room to open up the swing gate to access the rear compartment. Enclosed is a picture of the truck with the rack and the swing arm extension. Very happy with the quality and durability.
Ford Bronco Kuat Pivot 2 - Which Swing Direction is Best 4DE2292F-89E4-48AC-B6CE-6CE8E90B4394

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'm the odd man out. I've got the 1 Up bike rack and the driver side Kuat swingarm. Logically I felt that made the most sense, but after using it for over a year I think the passenger probably works best in most situations. Something that was brought up that I hadn't considered is if you park next to a curb (like parallel park), the passenger side opens away from traffic. The driver side opens into traffic. I will say at a trailhead it's nice to be messing with stuff in the back of the Bronco and on my tailgate cable and be able to reach over and get to my bike. With the passenger side you'd be walking around the tailgate. I haven't yet had a situation where I couldn't do something I wanted because I had the driver side, but I'm just not convinced it's superior anymore. Both passenger side and driver side are equal and just down to personal preference (plus at the time I got mine the driver was available and the passenger side was backordered).

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm contemplating the Kuat Pivot 2 Swing away extension. It seems that the Driver Side door swing is the way to go (vs. Passenger Side swing). Just thought I would get a few opinions. My use is a bike rack and a ski rack.
I plan on ordering the DS swing.
Sponsored