Sponsored

Last Call: Manual vs. Auto.. Why? (HELP!!)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I lost the battle but the war is won.

After a long period of negotiation with my bride, we compromised with an Auto but stepping up to the Black Diamond. I was working towards a MT for the past 6 months but I had to give a little. You know it is a good compromise when no-one is happy :cool:. No mid package with MT was the nail in the coffin (unable to step up to BL).

I won't convert to an order for another week or so but seems like it'll be an auto. My man card will be turned in at the next meeting.

Congrats to those rowing their own.
I think you can get a MT with the mid package. B&P won't let you, but you should be able to build it like that. You just can't use the remote start.
Yes, yes you can get mid pack with manual.......

She snookered you and won. Free ball given to the bride.
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you can get a MT with the mid package. B&P won't let you, but you should be able to build it like that. You just can't use the remote start.
Is there any proof of this happening? If so I need to make some adjustments. I thought that the order guide said that the 10A was the only transmission offered with 322A (Mid Pkg) on the BD

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drive home from work over a ship harbor and I hate the idea being on the bridge driving a manual if there is an accident. I grew driving a manual and drove over the same bridge in the 70's so I chose an automatic.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two words : boat ramps. I'll never forget the joy of not getting to both twist around and work a clutch! And I was 20 years younger.....

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I, just by god now pulled the trigger on the stick and let me tell you what, I felt so good about that the upgrade charge on the warm alloy ringed wheels was less impactful. Victory. #crawlin

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, yes you can get mid pack with manual.......

She snookered you and won. Free ball given to the bride.
What?? Everything I've read recently is no mid with MT in BB or BD. You have to step to a BL for mid and MT.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with the auto because it is less to think about in tough off road situations. I have three other manual transmission vehicles for when I feel the need to shift my own gears.

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my call today to learn my 7/14 will be a MY22 and when asked my config I went MT

One of those things you toss around till asked but it's the right choice for me

Granny gear will be a huge plus for boat ramps
2022 with a 7/14 reservation date? That’s crazy. What time of day did you place your order?

Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve owned MTs but never with a crawler gear. Does anyone know if you can shift from crawl to first while moving? Or do you have to come to a complete stop before shifting over and up to 1st?
Ford Bronco Last Call: Manual vs. Auto.. Why? (HELP!!) 6C027B78-09BF-49CB-A392-0DB80EB27630

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live just up the road from you in Boynton Beach, FL. (No hills, roads straight as an arrow, no snow, no mud, 8 kabillion traffic lights...) My choice is a 2.3 auto Outer Banks, 4 door hard top, Hi pkg. I am waiting for white hard top, with white exterior (Damn hot down here!). I drive my kids to school every morning: 12.9 miles, 28 traffic lights, one 90 degree right turn. For Us, here is the rub: Manual Trans has significantly worse resale value than auto. You may like MT, but the resale market does not. You may think you will keep it for 10 years, but you probably won't.
Sponsored