Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I’m perfectly fine waiting. Yes, I want my Bronco as soon as possible. But, to me it’s worth the wait so I can order what “I” want and all the while let Ford work out the kinks of manufacturing and build quality in releasing a brand new model.
Sponsored

TPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can still get a reservation built for 2021 production at many Ford dealers. 165000 reservations over 3000 Ford dealers is less than 6 per store. Find the store that wasn't pushing reservations big time.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if you put in res now you will be looking at next fall, possibly Dec.
Otherwise walk into dealer later to get your silver, white, or black Bronco(n)

Plus I thought having a res was a requirement for complaining on this site... :ROFLMAO:
Some of us have been complaining long before we had a reservation

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I preordered about three weeks ago.

Both of our current cars are paid off.

My wife is due for a car early next year, and we're looking at a Model Y for her. Again this depends if she's going to be commuting again. If she gets a new car, then I'll take her Prius.

I'm hoping to be in a Bronco next year, hopefully in Summer or Early Fall.

If not, I guess it won't be a huge deal. We'll save more money and hopefully get a Bronco that skips the first year issues.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m waiting for several reasons:
1. Let ford get all the bugs worked out. I have had a couple of first year model ford’s and they all had problems so I’m going to play it safe this time.
2. lots of Jeep owners complain about their hard tops leaking. I’d like to see if the bronco has similar problems, especially since ford hasn’t built a roof like this in a while.
3. The next gen ranger comes out soon and a truck would really suit my needs better while being quite a bit cheaper. I’d at least like to see it before deciding on what to buy.
4. Ford usually brings out appearance packages or special editions in the years after launch to keep interest up. We’ve seen this recently with the ranger, it got a black appearance package in its second year and the tremor in its third. By the time you are ready to buy, the bronco might have some of these packages too.

Well, you will endure the ability to not pay ADM with a reservation.....assuming you lock in a dealer that doesn’t charge one. Wait until after reservations close and it may be so hot and hard to get that every dealer is charging ADM.
there’s not going to be ADM’s on the bronco a year after it’s released. It’s a mass produced vehicle, there will be plenty on the lots after the reservations are filled and production gets going.

I think if you put in res now you will be looking at next fall, possibly Dec.
Otherwise walk into dealer later to get your silver, white, or black Bronco(n)

Plus I thought having a res was a requirement for complaining on this site... :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think you will have to settle with what’s on the dealer lot either. I have bought quite a few ford’s in my life and I have never had a problem getting what I wanted. My dealer stocks mainly F150’s so there’s not going to be much stock if you are looking for a different vehicle, but they will do a dealer trade and get me exactly what I want within a few days. If they can’t find what you want, you can just order it and it will be there several months later (if you’ve already waited an extra year, what’s a few more months)

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m waiting for several reasons:
1. Let ford get all the bugs worked out. I have had a couple of first year model ford’s and they all had problems so I’m going to play it safe this time.
2. lots of Jeep owners complain about their hard tops leaking. I’d like to see if the bronco has similar problems, especially since ford hasn’t built a roof like this in a while.
3. The next gen ranger comes out soon and a truck would really suit my needs better while being quite a bit cheaper. I’d at least like to see it before deciding on what to buy.
4. Ford usually brings out appearance packages or special editions in the years after launch to keep interest up. We’ve seen this recently with the ranger, it got a black appearance package in its second year and the tremor in its third. By the time you are ready to buy, the bronco might have some of these packages too.

there’s not going to be ADM’s on the bronco a year after it’s released. It’s a mass produced vehicle, there will be plenty on the lots after the reservations are filled and production gets going.

I don’t think you will have to settle with what’s on the dealer lot either. I have bought quite a few ford’s in my life and I have never had a problem getting what I wanted. My dealer stocks mainly F150’s so there’s not going to be much stock if you are looking for a different vehicle, but they will do a dealer trade and get me exactly what I want within a few days. If they can’t find what you want, you can just order it and it will be there several months later (if you’ve already waited an extra year, what’s a few more months)
Cool. Wait it out...but plenty of mass produced vehicles have an ADM...have you tried to buy a Telluride in the last year and a half? Better bring $10k over sticker. There is not telling with this one, but the feeling is that demand will outstrip supply. We shall see. Good luck.

Reactions: law

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good timing. Granger has the best deal that I know of ($2k deal). All it takes is patience. At my age I don't want to wait.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool. Wait it out...but plenty of mass produced vehicles have an ADM...have you tried to buy a Telluride in the last year and a half? Better bring $10k over sticker. There is not telling with this one, but the feeling is that demand will outstrip supply. We shall see. Good luck.
Kia has a supply/production problem. They only sold 58k tellurides in 2019 and they are on a similar path for 2020. For reference the explorer sold 184k in 2019. I don’t think Ford will have a supply problem. They have already said they plan on building 250k bronco and bronco sports combined. So after the reservations have been fulfilled in 2022, you should start seeing plenty on dealer lots.

There will no doubt be dealers who try to charge you more, but just go somewhere else. I have 17 ford dealerships within 60 miles of me. At least one of them will want to get a sale.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserving may give you a bit more hope, but this late in the game, you'll likely have a long wait. I'd find the best large dealer in your area and choose them. By the time yours gets built, most dealers will likely be competing for business.
I disagree. The demand is still going to be very high and given the popularity of the car, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that most dealerships won't have a ton at any given time and they'll sell very quickly.

You can still get a reservation built for 2021 production at many Ford dealers. 165000 reservations over 3000 Ford dealers is less than 6 per store. Find the store that wasn't pushing reservations big time.
You're off by a factor of 10. 55 per store with that math.

Kia has a supply/production problem. They only sold 58k tellurides in 2019 and they are on a similar path for 2020. For reference the explorer sold 184k in 2019. I don’t think Ford will have a supply problem. They have already said they plan on building 250k bronco and bronco sports combined. So after the reservations have been fulfilled in 2022, you should start seeing plenty on dealer lots.
There's a difference there though. The Explorer is coming from the Chicago plant which only makes Explorers and Lincoln Aviators. The Michigan assembly plant where the Bronco is being built also makes the Ranger, a popular model, unlike (relatively) the Aviator. This is going to make the Bronco produced at a substantially lower rate than the Explorer.

Chris

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMHO - getting a reservation is overrated and I never really considered doing it. I'll just wait, and I have minimum concern about getting what I want, even if it takes a few months more. I don't need one the day it's released and I want to do what I want to do when I'm ready to do it... so I never saw the reservation as something even worth considering. I think reservations are more hype and beneficial to Ford and dealers than the actual buyer.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sooner you reserve, the sooner you can order/receive the Bronco. Doesn’t matter what year because I can see this model of sales extending for a while. Otherwise, take dealer stock sometime next year and hope it’s close to what you want.

OP
OP
jsharpe

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sooner you reserve, the sooner you can order/receive the Bronco. Doesn’t matter what year because I can see this model of sales extending for a while. Otherwise, take dealer stock sometime next year and hope it’s close to what you want.
Dealer stock next year is quite a lot sooner than sometime the following year. Probably won't be cheaper though.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

it’s could be a lot worse then waiting- think about the people who would love to have one but can’t never afford it

Suck it up place your reservation and enjoy the ride!!

Make it a positive experience and the rest will follow.
Sponsored