SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hawaii has a 3 inch body lift limit, and the bumper must be within 3 feet of ground, windshields are optional and a single vehicle must be within 14' tall, 45' long, 9' wide.

Also I have been seeing this guy in town alot with the shell of a honda element on top of his lifted f350 and a camper cap. Sits spaced about a foot over his bed rails with the front fenders and hood on his roof.
Brand New 2003 Toyota Tacoma. Cherry bro. Lifted bro. 2003, brand new.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Um, I need to see a picture of this.
I will see what I can do. Im always driving when I see it. But it goes to my laundrymat sometimes. We also have an f250 with a cap that is all made of elaborately carved wood panels, with a mix of polynesian and maybe a touch of viking flair. We have some wild ones out here on the island.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JAGSarge:
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications Untitled

Sooo is that fishing rod holder on the hood legal..

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering the atrocity that is the “Carolina squat” is legal here there isn’t anything you can do to your vehicle that’s considered illegal in South Carolina. Just have to have lights. Beyond that anything is fair game. We have no inspections and I see the Carolina squat kids driving trucks where there’s no way they can see what’s in front of them every day. It’s where they lift the front way up while doing nothing to the back

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering the atrocity that is the “Carolina squat” is legal here there isn’t anything you can do to your vehicle that’s considered illegal in South Carolina. Just have to have lights. Beyond that anything is fair game. We have no inspections and I see the Carolina squat kids driving trucks where there’s no way they can see what’s in front of them every day. It’s where they lift the front way up while doing nothing to the back
There is no possibility that you can convince me that the carolina squat isn't related to a bodily function

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldn't find a page like liftlaws.com for Canada, but here is what I could find for Manitoba province specific laws:

20.13 In the case of any truck or multi-purpose passenger vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of 4500 k. or less, the
following shall apply:
(a) RAISED VEHICLE: The front tread width divided by the sum of the frame height at its highest point, and any
body lift shall not be less than 1.80 for vehicles with wheelbase of 254 cm. (100 in.).
(b) LOWERED VEHICLES: No part of the chassis or the steering components shall extend below the rim of the
wheel or come in contact with the road surface if all four tires are flat.

TIRES
Tread width is distance between center points of left tire tread and right tire tread. Measurements are taken from
frame center line to center of tire in each case to establish correct frame-to-wheels relationship.

21.1 The tires on special motor vehicle shall comply with current Canadian Motor Vehicle Tire Safety Regulations, and
Manitoba Highway Traffic Act and Regulations.

21.2 All tires when installed on the rear and at the recommended P.S.I. air pressure shall when the vehicle at
maximum loaded weight is jacked up at the rear at one wheel, have a minimum lateral clearance each side of 2.5
cm.(1in.) from the nearest component and a minimum fore and after clearance of 3.5 cm.(1.4 in.). The same shall apply to
front tires and that the tires while in full contact with ground and at maximum vehicle weight shall not make contact with
any component when the wheels are turning from stop to stop.

21.3 Every special motor vehicle shall have tires that are rated to carry that vehicle weight.

21.4 Front tire to rear tire section width variances if other than car manufacturers allowance shall be not less than
60% of the section width of the rear tires.

21.5 No vehicle shall be equipped with a tire having a section width less than the vehicle manufacturer's
recommended specification.

Attached is a good photo for Canada in general:

Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications dslk;fjsa;ldk

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, no one is following those Georgia laws! I regularly see trucks with 6+" lifts. Hell I think you can get 4" lifts at dealers here. lol
Same here in Illinois. I see 4x4s with lifts raising the bumper more than 3" higher than stock, include a Wrangler down the street from me. And I wonder about the mechanical brake requirement, because I thought some vehicles only have hydrolic e-brake? Does the new Bronco have a mechanical e-brake?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wont be leaving the valley till next week sometime but I will put my good camera in the Bronco tomorrow. I got a crappy flip phone. I may have a few saved in some archives. There is a 70s vette with alot of the body replaced by diamond plate thats pretty sweet.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So it seems California isn't all that strict on lifts oddly enough, so my Bronco should still be far more legal than my 86, which is a cops rolling wet dream right now.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is a few things I found driving around today.
Maui Off Road home of Maui's biggest trucks.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 0902201100

Classic Bronco at Intense Maui Motorsports.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 0902201103

The original Vette Kart. I first saw this one in 2006 and it had been that way for a while at that point. Lots of silly ass detail work on it. I will get a pic of the rear next time.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications IMG_5113

Typical Maui overlander at Paia bay park.
Yes it is only attached by 2 ratchet straps, but they are the Home Depot husky brand, they are the "good ones" out here.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications IMG_5119

Another lineup at IMM's shop. This place once tried to charge me $700 to swap 4 new tires onto rims, all sitting in the bed of my truck! Often see alot of big Toyotas here.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications IMG_5115

The rest I saw on craigslist

Here is a "1945 Dodge Hybred" asking for offers
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 00m0m_4UZdOYDAC59_0CI0t2_600x450
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 00d0d_eBDbE3zHTAW_0CI0t2_600x450

A 1977 FJ40 "rock crawler" for 6500 classic maui build, a ton of lift and wide tires
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 00t0t_5pEuLsnarHn_0CI0t2_600x450

And a lil suzuki dump truck 4x4 and a/c for 10,000 you see a few vehicles like this around here.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications 00909_5VDWns5YKXu_0k20fh_600x450

Didnt see anything too funky on the road today also saw a 90s dually suburban but it was going too fast the other way to catch on camera, I will keep my eyes open friday.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pennsylvania: Maximum bumper height for cars and SUV's 22". Is the Bronco even going to be legal to sell here???:unsure:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didnt see too many illegal type modified vehicles yesterday but I did see two Jeeps worthy of a picture.

If I get a white top I would want something like this.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications IMG_5127

And this is a trash pickup vehicle I have seen several times with on dumpster on the back. Pretty cool.
Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications IMG_5125[993]