Sponsored

Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have?

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for that. Not sure what’s in my water in Georgia but I get bad water spots here as well. How often do you change the filter.

seems to me the only way would be to dump the dirty water in bucket one after every dipping and cleaning of sponge so as not to keep picking up dirt particles snd dirty water.
if I’m not mistaken, I believe the filters on that amazon link are supposed to be swapped every 3 months or so, but I’ve used them in excess of 6 months since I don’t wash the truck unless I go wheeling and sometimes that’s like once or twice a month. I have this particular filter just for the pressure washer and it lasts a long time. We also use one for the cold water intake on our clothes washer and that one I swap out more frequently cause it gets used a lot. I also noticed the filter reduces the amount of mineral calcification around the water spigot, a clear indicator that our water is heavy and hard. Try them out, they work great and are relatively cheap.
Sponsored

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be honest I just took my Jeep through the drive through. I knew the risks of scratches from the brushes. But whatever. Since I got the soft top on the bronco I use touch-less sometimes but man it sucks. Found chemical bros kit on sale, now I hand wash. I know there are differentiating opinions on hand, two bucket, power wash etc. what’s everyone’s preferred method? My major hiccups are during the wax phase I get some on the plastic parts and I don’t know how to remove it once on.
Someone on this forum told me about chemical guys undercarriage cleaner for the plastic parts! Life changer! Makes that black plastic look better than when you took delivery! I use it on tires too! Also switched from wax to Cerakote paint sealant. Keeps the paint shiny for months and takes 10 minutes to do a Bronco. I reapply every 3 months. 1 bottle did both broncos and my F250 twice!

Unclebutter

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great topic! I love telling ALL car owners about how I wash my Bronco.
I can wash my Bronco with less water than I use to brush my teeth and the results impress me every time! Additionally, I can wash it almost as quickly as driving through a car wash.
Here’s my technique; it’s no secret. I have three products to recommend:
1. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray
Coating
2. L.O.C. Multi-Purpose Cleaner by Amway
3. Microfiber cloths (critical)
I opted out for the dealer applied sealer they wanted $800 for. Bought the Turtle and applied it myself. I have hosed my rig twice after off roading to remove heavy dirt.
Fill a 16 oz. spray bottle with 9 parts water and 1 part L.O.C. Spray on an area, hood, quarter panel, or door one at a time. Work in small areas. Wipe off dirt with microfiber cloth. No rinsing required. No residue left behind. I get 4-6 washes from one 16 oz. spray bottle of mixture. Use on wheels and fenders, too. At 9:1, I get over 20 spray bottles from a 1 liter bottle of L.O.C. You can get it and a spray bottle here: Amway Home™ L.O.C.™ Multi-Purpose Cleaner https://amwy.me/HVUiFvyQv. This product is Satisfaction Guaranteed for 180 days. If you’re not totally happy you can get your money back! They have great spray bottles that make getting the right concentration easy: Amway Home™ Spray Bottle https://amwy.me/0fq6~QftyI.
Even after a buggy road trip, I use this method. If it has been extremely buggy, I might use a whole spray bottle.
Cost? LOC, spray bottle, shipping, and tax makes a 16 oz. bottle of wash cost about $1.25.
After almost 18 months of using this method, there are no swirl marks on my Cyber Orange Bronco. I use the same method on my RAM Promaster cargo van. I use a full spray bottle on it. $1.25. I used to spend $20 plus dollars at a self-serve car wash for the Promaster.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was an off road vehicle that was supposed to get dirty. :( I’m disappointed.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Junkman 2000's ... "A Brother and His Garage Productions" ... 2 two bucket wash. I use 3 buckets. 3rd for the wheels ....

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First, critically, grab a couple cold beers. Put some music on.

I only hand wash the Red Yeti, generally using the two bucket method. I really like the Chemical Guys products. I use their Mr. Pink as my basic soap, and use their wash mitts. Also got a big drying towel. Like Austin said, with a proper drying towel you avoid water spots. Then I walk around after drying with speed spray detailer to hit anything I missed. The other thing I do that helps but takes longer, is I keep the truck wet the whole time, rinsing the whole body between washing each of the quadrants. This also helps reduce water spots. Use a separate mitt/sponge for painted body, vs parts like wheels, wheel wells, under-body trim. Prevents swirls and running rock bits and debris into your paint. Pro-tip use different colored mitts so you don't mess that up. Use grit gaurds in your buckets--also helps prevent swirls. If you have a Bronco in Shadow Black, good luck!

IMG_2602ry.jpeg
I do this too. The one additional thing I do is Sheet Dry (aka "Pool" Dry) my Bronco ("Green Machine").

I follow the Junkman 2000's method for this:

Introduces the Sheet Drying ...

Demonstrates Sheet Drying ..

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use optimum no rinse. If it's muddy then it gets a quick spray down at the self serve car wash.

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs