First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrack w Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How much can I modify a Wildtrack Sasquatch and still have excellent road ride? I am thinking keeping 35s and just increasing articulation. Not sure what is best way to do that or if it is even needed. As comparison I have had a four door Jeep, lifted 3-1/2 to 4 inches with 37 inch mud terrain tires on it. Great on the trails. Drove like a 3 legged pregnant pig in the highway. It got me to the trails, but the drive was NOT relaxing. Would NOT want one like that as a daily driver. Never really had it as stock or lightly modified with 35s, so I canā€™t know how much better it would have been. Because of things like independent front suspension the Broncos are supposed to be better on the road. I test drove a Wildtrack with 3.7engine and Sasquatch package. Looooved the way it drove on highway. Getting to the trails would be a joy and I would be fine to have it as a daily driver. Since it will be my only car and 90% will be on road, I donā€™t want to degrade road performance much. How far can I go and how close will I get to the above mentioned Jeep.
Sponsored

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a 2" front level and 2" rear shock relocation and lost no comfort level on the road. this also allowed me to stuff 37's without rubbing on the trails, front and rear.. I probably gained a an inch or two in rear travel by doing this as well.
Ford Bronco Lift for articulation vs highway driveability 1715269039868-7x

OP
OP

ASKreager

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrack w Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sounds encouraging. Can you provide more details re the actual parts/kit and cost? Sounds like you did not replace arms or shocks etc.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How much can I modify a Wildtrack Sasquatch and still have excellent road ride? I am thinking keeping 35s and just increasing articulation. Not sure what is best way to do that or if it is even needed. As comparison I have had a four door Jeep, lifted 3-1/2 to 4 inches with 37 inch mud terrain tires on it. Great on the trails. Drove like a 3 legged pregnant pig in the highway. It got me to the trails, but the drive was NOT relaxing. Would NOT want one like that as a daily driver. Never really had it as stock or lightly modified with 35s, so I canā€™t know how much better it would have been. Because of things like independent front suspension the Broncos are supposed to be better on the road. I test drove a Wildtrack with 3.7engine and Sasquatch package. Looooved the way it drove on highway. Getting to the trails would be a joy and I would be fine to have it as a daily driver. Since it will be my only car and 90% will be on road, I donā€™t want to degrade road performance much. How far can I go and how close will I get to the above mentioned Jeep.
If you want better articulation on the front your only choice is a long arm suspension. There are a number of good ones I hear. I do not have one so I can not speak to that.

For the rear there are several options available. They all have their pros and cons.... The latest that is getting rave reviews both for articulation and driveability is the Rock Krawler 4 link. I have some reservations but it looks awesome! Or you could go to a 5 link with johnny joints. I am installing a Core 4x4 crawler series. the joints will require a lot more maintenance but I should get a few more inches of articulation and much more flexibility (easier movement).

Sponsored
OP
OP

ASKreager

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrack w Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Donā€™t think I want to go long arm. I can live with improving the rear. If you have the two inch leveling up front canā€™t you reduce bump stop for a bit more trav

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 coilovers on my non-SAS BD and LOVE the smooth ride on road and better articulation off, BUT there is some brake dive, that may bother some, not me. They are super cushy and height adjustable.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I put Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 coilovers on my non-SAS BD and LOVE the smooth ride on road and better articulation off, BUT there is some brake dive, that may bother some, not me. They are super cushy and height adjustable.
The upgraded front springs help a ton with the brake dive.Especially if you have aftermarket bumpers, winches, ect

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 3ā€ lift & 37s on my Sasquatch coilovers and the ride/handling is still very goodā€¦increasing articulation in the front is hard without replacing coilovers and then ya can safely only get 2ā€ of extra droop out of the CVs (go to 37s and ya need that for clearance)ā€¦there is up travel available but that has other problems Like fendersā€¦in the rear there are options but ya need to basicly redo the suspension (ford did us no favors with their design)ā€¦unhooking the sway bars is about all there is stockā€¦

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want better articulation on the front your only choice is a long arm suspension. There are a number of good ones I hear. I do not have one so I can not speak to that.

For the rear there are several options available. They all have their pros and cons.... The latest that is getting rave reviews both for articulation and driveability is the Rock Krawler 4 link. I have some reservations but it looks awesome! Or you could go to a 5 link with johnny joints. I am installing a Core 4x4 crawler series. the joints will require a lot more maintenance but I should get a few more inches of articulation and much more flexibility (easier movement).
This.

The biggest misconception in the offroad world is that lifting an independent front suspension gives you more travel.

You are still limited by the arc travel of the upper and lower control arms.

Lifting just puts the ride height further down the down travel limit, but does not add travel.

There are rare exceptions to this, when in some cases the factory strut and factory UCA might limit travel, but you are only gaining .5" of travel that way, this is very rare and platform specific.

I swear Currie needs to PAY me for hawking these things:
https://www.rockjock4x4.com/products/shop-by-vehicle/ford-bronco/ford-bronco-antirock-sway-bars

That is the absolute #1 way to get more articulation out of your Wildtrak.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that only long travel? What about a mid-travel kit like APG's? (Hope I'm not splitting hairs, not familiar with how they differ except "things are longer".)

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rule of Thumb on forums' is, no matter how much you lift or lower your rig, it's always rides "better than stock".
This rule applies whether you spend $50 or $5000.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rule of Thumb on forums' is, no matter how much you lift or lower your rig, it's always rides "better than stock".
This rule applies whether you spend $50 or $5000.
does this rule apply to the hockey puck (or equivalent) lift?

and there's a current thread on how adding a $$$ king lift
makes one owner's 4A less than confident inspiring

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that only long travel? What about a mid-travel kit like APG's? (Hope I'm not splitting hairs, not familiar with how they differ except "things are longer".)
Still the stock lower control arm, so same arc travel geometry.

But, like I said in my comment, maybe the arm maximizing the lower control arms ability with their UCA, the Kings, and the bump stop. So that might net you .5". I didn't watch their video, just read the product description page.
Sponsored