First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size tires are you running? Is it an auto or manual?

That Basecamp has a nice towing profile. Rounded leading edge. Curved roof with A/C on backside downward slope of roof. Trailer height not significant taller than the tow vehicle. Looks like a nice setup.

This is what we'd probably go with : https://www.braxtoncreek.com/model/bushwhacker-plus-teardrop The 17 FD in particular.

Still waiting patiently on B & P!

What was your impression of the Bronco?
Those Bushwackers look really nice. We hope to learn more of what we want in a trailer with this rental/trip. We used rvshare to find it.

The tires on my Jeep are 35s. It's an auto. With all that unsprung weight and the trailer we are not setting any speed records, but we get there. The additional gears in the Bronco will make a huge difference. Especially when you get to the mountains.

We see the Bronco today. We hit some trails yesterday.
Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What size tires are you running? Is it an auto or manual?

That Basecamp has a nice towing profile. Rounded leading edge. Curved roof with A/C on backside downward slope of roof. Trailer height not significant taller than the tow vehicle. Looks like a nice setup.

This is what we'd probably go with : https://www.braxtoncreek.com/model/bushwhacker-plus-teardrop The 17 FD in particular.

Still waiting patiently on B & P!

What was your impression of the Bronco?
I really like all the custom teardrops, but they’re very pricey. This bushwhacker is very affordable and checks most of the boxes for me. I mean, it’s mass produced and likely uses cheaper materials. But dang, it’s a third of the price.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really like all the custom teardrops, but they’re very pricey. This bushwhacker is very affordable and checks most of the boxes for me. I mean, it’s mass produced and likely uses cheaper materials. But dang, it’s a third of the price.
I would recommend seeing it in person first before putting too much thought into it. The Bushwacker "plus" (I think that was the model name) was high on my list until I walked into it. Clearly built to be the lowest-cost in segment (at ~1/2 the price of similar sized T@G). It made creaking noises when I walked in, fixtures were super flimsy, basically no windows on it (and also no vent/fantastic fan on one I saw - that thing would be miserable to camp in unless you have shore power or generator on the tiny window unit AC it has). So yeah, fell off my list pretty quick.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also meant to say - for AZ people, Tom's Camperland has the best range of lightweight trailers in AZ to pick from (Aliners, Intech, Black Series, Braxton creek, T@Gs...). Recommend browsing their showroom to get some ideas of what features matter to you. I went in planning on an Aliner LXE and drove out with an Intech Pursue after playing in/on them. They are also very used to what Jeeps can/cannot tow so you won't have to try and explain why you are so limited.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would recommend seeing it in person first before putting too much thought into it. The Bushwacker "plus" (I think that was the model name) was high on my list until I walked into it. Clearly built to be the lowest-cost in segment (at ~1/2 the price of similar sized T@G). It made creaking noises when I walked in, fixtures were super flimsy, basically no windows on it (and also no vent/fantastic fan on one I saw - that thing would be miserable to camp in unless you have shore power or generator on the tiny window unit AC it has). So yeah, fell off my list pretty quick.
I haven't had a chance to walk through one yet. A local dealer is supposed to have them. Not a lot of choices under my weight limit of 2500 that have a bathroom. At least that I have found.

Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also meant to say - for AZ people, Tom's Camperland has the best range of lightweight trailers in AZ to pick from (Aliners, Intech, Black Series, Braxton creek, T@Gs...). Recommend browsing their showroom to get some ideas of what features matter to you. I went in planning on an Aliner LXE and drove out with an Intech Pursue after playing in/on them. They are also very used to what Jeeps can/cannot tow so you won't have to try and explain why you are so limited.
Nice. I like the Intech Pursue. Can you use the top shelf in the cabin as a bunk bed for a small child? Also, could a 4 wheeler fit in the back if you move the mattresses?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Planning to order one of these...Bruder Exp-4
EXP4.6.jpg
If you want a true overlander package that goes anywhere your Bronco goes, the Bruder Exp-4 is the real deal ..... considering they come from Australia their price is very competitive with anything out there

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice. I like the Intech Pursue. Can you use the top shelf in the cabin as a bunk bed for a small child? Also, could a 4 wheeler fit in the back if you move the mattresses?
I think you would be better getting the next size up - the Intech Explore if need room for a child and/or sliding a quad in there. The pursue is more a 'two people and a dog' type of trailer. But the Explore has a lot of extra room and even a ramp for doing exactly what you are asking for (and still lightweight and only like ~$2k more if I remember correctly).

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you would be better getting the next size up - the Intech Explore if need room for a child and/or sliding a quad in there. The pursue is more a 'two people and a dog' type of trailer. But the Explore has a lot of extra room and even a ramp for doing exactly what you are asking for (and still lightweight and only like ~$2k more if I remember correctly).
Yeah, the explore won’t fit in my garage so I was wondering if I could make the Pursue work instead. Thanks!

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, the explore won’t fit in my garage so I was wondering if I could make the Pursue work instead. Thanks!
Yep, that is why I went Pursue as well. But I don't have a quad (or a small child) so the decision was less complicated. Goodluck.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is literally my favorite thread on this forum. I'm going to blow so much money.
You only live once, and you can't take it with you. Already told my kids the college education had better work, because I was spending the rest!!

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You only live once, and you can't take it with you. Already told my kids the college education had better work, because I was spending the rest!!
Amen. No kids for me, so I blow my money on camping, motorcycles, guitars, and now this beautiful new Bronco. Going to take NorCal by storm in it. Haha

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This isn't as hardcore as most of the options posted above, but my wife and I are looking at the Aliner Expedition. 1850 lbs dry, 3500 lbs. GVWR. And a bathroom.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 5ba26d6c0b08ae79c35fc324

Chris
These A-frames intrigue me. I don't feel like I'll find my Cinderella-Slipper camper for all my needs, but these seem to be be spacious and light. I just wonder how well they haul.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These A-frames intrigue me. I don't feel like I'll find my Cinderella-Slipper camper for all my needs, but these seem to be be spacious and light. I just wonder how well they haul.
They haul super easy, even with a weak CUV. I came close to buying the LXE model (smaller than expedition but still has a wet bath) but was turned off by the lightweight construction (wouldn't want to pull it down a washboard dirt road for too long) and the considerations on not being able to use it in high wind situations.
Sponsored