First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife hates the cloth seats and really likes the wheels for the Squatch. I told her we have her Fancy car for that stuff, and I just find myself caring less and less about it.

God, at this rate I will start walking everywhere and use a flip phone. sigh.
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all the stressing out over trim levels, options, packages, unavailability of this or that combination, etc., some small fraction of the population is going to purchase and enjoy "zero option" Base Broncos.

What demographic will go that route?
- Rental companies catering to an "off-road adventure experience"?
- Old tightwad curmudgeons?
- Parents giving one to their college kid?
- You?
- Me?
Rental companies are not going to go for Manual Transmissions and there is a significant jump to get to an Auto.

I am getting it because I look at the base with nothing on it is clearly underpriced. And since the Bronco is so modular, it can be upgraded/customized over time.

I will get the aux switches, the roof rack and a put a canoe on top. Old school Bronco with an upside down canoe will be an awesome look. And I will likely get a second set of wheels/tires with it (probably alloy 32s). Maybe I fill in the "Bronco" on the front with paint/decals with a matching AMB.

I can always get bigger tires or a different top or a tow hitch or a fancy maxtrax holder/awning/roof top tent later.

Ford Bronco Likely demographics for Base Base? Canoe Front

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all the stressing out over trim levels, options, packages, unavailability of this or that combination, etc., some small fraction of the population is going to purchase and enjoy "zero option" Base Broncos.

What demographic will go that route?
- Rental companies catering to an "off-road adventure experience"?
- Old tightwad curmudgeons?
- Parents giving one to their college kid?
- You?
- Me?

The way I see it around here I'm a one % 'er. A little more than a year ago I was ready to long-arm and stretch my TJ to make a badass trail rig. Then I caught wind of you guessed it ........... THE BRONCO !!!!!!! Screw it !! I'll give the TJ to my kid when he turns 16 and he can learn to drive with that. So ever since then I have leaned towards one thing with MY Bronco. Capability. After the reveal it's been BaseSquatch for me all the way. For the record the Squatch is a "package" not and "option". So you can call me " old tightwad curmudgeon ", you can call me "cheap", Hell you can even call me a deplorable !!!! Don't much matter to me. One thing you won't call me is stuck. But I will tell you this, I don't see much value in spending 60K on something for me to take on the trails with a big stereo, heated seats, heated wheel, puddle lights, etc. just to trail ride. Now what I do need is a Bronco that is capable of taking me anywhere and getting me home from anywhere. So the lower the "get in the door" price the better. That way when I give it some pinstripes or give it a wrinkle here or a wrinkle there I won't feel as bad either.

So a demographic for a base ??? ....... Me !!! plain jane, blue collar, working for a living, making ends meet kinda guy who just wants to enjoy the outdoors and who doesn't want to spend 60K for a bunch of fluff that I don't need. Hell if I could afford 2, I would get the Basesquatch for play and a Base with nothing just to drive everyday to work. If I was 30 years younger I would only be able to afford a non-squatch Base then I would still buy it and build on it over the years as the funds came in. Like I said I'm the 1 %'er I would buy a base no matter what because I plan to use my Bronco on the trails not the malls.

Ride on Horsemen !!!!!!

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife hates the cloth seats and really likes the wheels for the Squatch. I told her we have her Fancy car for that stuff, and I just find myself caring less and less about it.

God, at this rate I will start walking everywhere and use a flip phone. sigh.
I kinda miss the simplicity of a flip phone.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know if rental companies will stock the base. It is more likely that they buy 4-door Big Bends. Last time I rented a Wrangler it was a 4-door Sport S. They tend to stock volume trim models. I've rented an F150 XLT, RAM Big Horn, and Silverado LT in the last couple years.

There is little doubt in my mind that the Big Bend is the volume model for the masses. It will be the advertised lease special in a couple years.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My base builds always winds up with the following minimums:
Roof Rack
AUX Switches
Floor Mats

I was all-in on a 2D Mansquatch.
Current GF hates MT transmissions and signaled this weekend that she wants to make babies sooner than later.

4D base in my future?

Got a Granger 2022 reservation.
So no rush. Not even color.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a base manual 2-door because

1. highest value/cost ratio - highly doubt i would have 200% more fun in the FE...in other words, the incremental enjoyment of the additional features is not equal in value to the increased cost (to me)
  2. I have more fun driving my dad's old YJ than i do any other cars i've owned - that jeep has literally nothing in it. barely has a damn radio. I genuinely believe there's a "purity" in less options and features, and over the course of car ownership i've opted for fewer features without issue
  3. i will have almost no payment, which means i can spend more on trips
  4. i don't have kids (yet) and my wife has a comfy premium suv for times we need it - if people want to ride with me, they get the experience of riding in a 4x4. it's just the way it is.
  5. it's the lightest weight model with the highest gearing (4.##) so I think it will have a unique feel on the 4 cylinder and should be fun to drive
  6. i can always upgrade later -- the most likely upgrades for me are a) reupholstering in real leather w/ heated seats b) an upgraded sound system, or c) bigger tires if needed
  7. it will have the least amount of depreciation of any of the models (percentage wise)
  8. i don't commute very far
  9. i don't really like the wheels or interiors on any of the other trims
  10. i honestly don't need lockers
  11. if the car is great and i ever have to get a different car, it will be more likely i can afford to keep this one as a second vehicle.

Last edited:

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a base manual 2-door because

1. ford was hoping no one would buy it, so i'm here just to prove them wrong :)
  2. highest value/cost ratio for me - I don't think I would have 200% more fun in the FE...in other words, the incremental enjoyment of the additional features is not equal in value to the increased cost (to me)
  3. I have more fun driving my dad's old YJ than i do any other cars i've owned - that jeep has literally nothing in it. barely has a damn radio. I genuinely believe there's a "purity" in less options and features, and over the course of car ownership i've opted for fewer features without issue
  4. i will have almost no payment, which means i can spend more on trips
  5. i don't have kids (yet) and my wife has a comfy premium suv for times we need it - if people want to ride with me, they get the experience of riding in a 4x4. it's just the way it is.
  6. it's the lightest weight model with the highest gearing (4.##) so I think it will have a unique feel on the 4 cylinder and should be fun to drive
  7. i can always upgrade later -- the most likely upgrades for me are a) reupholstering in real leather w/ heated seats b) an upgraded sound system, or c) bigger tires if needed - to be honest, i really hate cloth seats. my dogs get them filthy and they never look new again - but i also hate seat covers. also, heated seats make it more fun to extend the "topless" summer season by an extra few weeks on each side. - but going up to a $40k vehicle to get heated seats is crazy.
  8. it will have the least amount of depreciation of any of the models (percentage wise) - i've never bought a new car, I'm making an exception to the bronco because it's so cheap in the base model for what i think it is.
  9. i don't commute very far, another reason I don't need major creature comforts.
  10. i don't really like the wheels or interiors on any of the other trims - i'm generally a pretty low key guy so i don't really want 35 inch tires or fancy lights or accessories
  11. i honestly don't need lockers, as much as I think i do
  12. if the truck is great and i ever have to get a different car, it will be more likely i can afford to keep this one as a second vehicle

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People that put ranch dressing on everything
Does that mean that people who get Big Bend dunk their fries in mayonnaise instead of ketchup/catsup? Shudder... Had an Ex-girlfriend do that, heavy emphasis on the Ex part

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squatch. If you don't "need" fru fru stuff (standard heated mirrors are a luxury to me) then it is the best bang for the buck. Old curmudgeon I guess. Right tool for the right job. If I could get rear locker on the base would not squatch it. But hey, We all need to build for our needs...

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 Auto is it for me donā€™t need all the other fluff, why pay 50k+ for a vehicle that will only last you 10 years doesnā€™t seem logical at all to me.