Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Under "Bronco Order Bank and Configuration Options FAQs"

on Ford's website, one of the questions is "Will the Base and manual transmission return for ordering for the 2024 model year?"
Answer: " The manual transmission will return. We will share more details later this year. "

Since they said the manual transmission will return, but made no specific statement about the Base model, does this mean that the Base model will go away? I will soon pick up my 4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L at Granger and have always thought that this was the best Bronco deal Ford offers. Could they be killing off the Base model so that they can sell only higher priced trims? Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Base Model - Dead For Good? Screenshot_20230430-140718
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it was completely dead, it would be gone from the Price and Build like the FE.

DrunkingtonBear

Base
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shew. I'm going to pick up a 2.7L 4Dr Basesquatch this weekend from SAC. Glad I squeezed in under the execution date for the Base. Really a sad thing if that's the route FMC goes. The Basesquatch has to be close to best value for money. I understand some folks really like the bells and whistles so no hate to that but what you get for what you pay on a Basesquatch is really great. The only two things I won't have that I would have wanted was the 12" screen (unnecessary but cool) and the 360 cameras. In order to get those I'd have needed to option all the way to Outer Banks plus add the High. Would have cost me like 6-7k more.

Edit: I just quickly went to build out the Outer Banks to compare price and it was 11k over my base build with the same options. (Obviously you get lots of stuff with the OB over the Base but the screen and the cameras would really be all I was in it for)

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's generally not much that can be taken as hard fact from Ford communications.

It's possible that they offer the Base but not the Manual in '24, and just scrub the FAQ of this info.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect Base is gone only for now, because Ford realized they could make more money from the bigger spenders who are willing to pay up. Ford likely did not want to jack up all prices even further, so getting rid of base temporarily, was a way to essentially jack up the prices. But leaves Ford the option to bring the Base back, when demand lessens, without instead having to drop prices.

In terms of which models and options are the best deal - the best deal is the one with functionalities best matched to the buyer. Folks spending thousands on packages/functionalities they have little if any legit use for - isn't much of a deal.

Reminds me when I did HP phone based tech support in college, and people would call me having issues with some expensive amped up computers. I'd ask what they mainly used the computer for ... and they'd say "checking email", lol.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I suspect Base is gone only for now, because Ford realized they could make more money from the bigger spenders who are willing to pay up. Ford likely did not want to jack up all prices even further, so getting rid of base temporarily, was a way to essentially jack up the prices. But leaves Ford the option to bring the Base back, when demand lessens, without instead having to drop prices.

In terms of which models and options are the best deal - the best deal is the one with functionalities best matched to the buyer. Folks spending thousands on packages/functionalities they have little if any legit use for - isn't much of a deal.

Reminds me when I did HP phone based tech support in college, and people would call me having issues with some expensive amped up computers. I'd ask what they mainly used the computer for ... and they'd say "checking email", lol.
It's rare for automakers to reduce prices when they think customers are willing to pay more for a product. Reading about how poorly Ford is managing their supply chains, how they're losing money on every EV they build, and how Farley is promising to compensate by cutting costs and consolidating parts, makes me think Ford isn't in a position where they can sell their products for less right now.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to see the Base and BB blended into one. Keep the base but give it some stand alone options from the BB (mid package w leather wrapped wheel, rear locker, 6sp on 4dr, etc.)

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shew. I'm going to pick up a 2.7L 4Dr Basesquatch this weekend from SAC. Glad I squeezed in under the execution date for the Base. Really a sad thing if that's the route FMC goes. The Basesquatch has to be close to best value for money. I understand some folks really like the bells and whistles so no hate to that but what you get for what you pay on a Basesquatch is really great. The only two things I won't have that I would have wanted was the 12" screen (unnecessary but cool) and the 360 cameras. In order to get those I'd have needed to option all the way to Outer Banks plus add the High. Would have cost me like 6-7k more.

Edit: I just quickly went to build out the Outer Banks to compare price and it was 11k over my base build with the same options. (Obviously you get lots of stuff with the OB over the Base but the screen and the cameras would really be all I was in it for)
Was your bronco delivered by rail or convoy?

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope not. Took delivery of my 2-door, 7 MT, with added oem front steel mod bump and roof rack in June '22. Ordered in Sep. of 2020 and bought it on the cheap, around 31K. True base, right down to the old school, silver painted steelies. Like the idea of adding my own mods when a need calls for them. This car was originally designed for that purpose. Meet the specific need/want of every individual owner. I added an oem rear steel bumper in early '23 from a front totaled '22 badlands edition. Believe both front and rear oem steel bumpers give the original base a stronger, finished look. Surprisingly no hard top cracking and no gravel grinding yet in the trans. Still a very rare pony, have only seen one 2-door on the road in Northern Illinois just recently and it wasn't a base. If I ever do sell this fun, no frills bronc I hope to hear a lot of cha ching, cha chings as it grows old like me. Tommy Bronc

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crystal Ball is murky....

I suspect they will keep the Base. They may remove the Sasquatch option from the Base to make it a true Base model. That will allow Ford to advertise "starting at $34,000" or whatever the 2024 price is.

They may also limit builds. On the Lightning they had the "Pro" model starting at $40k, but limited it to 5000 builds, which meant that it was basically unavailable.

DrunkingtonBear

Base
First Name
Ryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was your bronco delivered by rail or convoy?
Convoy. I think everything from MAP to SAC is convoy since it's only something like 8 hours highway time.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Convoy. I think everything from MAP to SAC is convoy since it's only something like 8 hours highway time.
Hmm...I am in Nashville, TN. I am only 8 hours from MAP, but mine is coming via rail. I have heard rail is snail!

Buc N Bronco

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Broncos Sport,2000 Jeep TJ,Mustang pro stteet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel lucky,
I have a 22 Base, 2 door,SAS,
I think these will be the last built like this
Why,
To make you move up to a different model
To get SAS
Jeep makes you move to a Rubicon
For the lockers
And this way Ford makes more $$
They may return the Base in 24 but options may be limited
They have already up the price on these vehicles, several times.
And on the Ford build page there basically saying not this year for a Base
Check your dealer for one in stock

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Crystal Ball is murky....

I suspect they will keep the Base. They may remove the Sasquatch option from the Base to make it a true Base model. That will allow Ford to advertise "starting at $34,000" or whatever the 2024 price is.

They may also limit builds. On the Lightning they had the "Pro" model starting at $40k, but limited it to 5000 builds, which meant that it was basically unavailable.
This^ Base will continue on
Sponsored