Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base Bronco made long-term economic sense under two conditions:

1. You keep it stock, with plans to trade within the next five years.
2. You modify with aftermarket parts to make it more like a Badlands/Wildtrak or the rig of your choice, and you keep it forever (or past the bottom of the depreciation curve, let's say 10 plus years.) ...........
Considering the MY21 early 22 Wildtrak was simply a well optioned Base with window tint and the ability to add packages I'll add condition 3:
3. spend $300 on window tint and $400 on heated seats, take your $7000 in savings and throw it in a CD at 5%.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The base Bronco made long-term economic sense under two conditions:

1. You keep it stock, with plans to trade within the next five years.
2. You modify with aftermarket parts to make it more like a Badlands/Wildtrak or the rig of your choice, and you keep it forever (or past the bottom of the depreciation curve, let's say 10 plus years.)

If you have a Base plus a lift, wheels, winch, etc, your rig will still come up in the books (i.e. the Manheim comps that dealers use) as a Base. You don't get credit for those modifications, and you may be financially penalized for them. "No problem, I'll sell privately to another enthusiast!" That could work, so long as the second buyer recognizes a modified Base is still a Base in resale terms...but maybe they are ones who tell themselves "I'll never sell this! This Bronco is mine until I die!

A$50k Badlands is a $50k commodity (plus normal market depreciation, of course.)

A $30k Base is a $30k commodity.

And a $30k Base with $11k in modifications is also a $30k commodity.
Absolutely, few people are willing to pay a premium for aftermarket modifications (except in rare cases) and dealers certainly won't give you a dime more for any aftermarket modifications (ford performance tune, stereo upgrades, wheels, tires, suspension mods, etc). Having just traded in a 2023 Bronco - I ripped out every single upgrade and it didn't affect the trade in value.

My heavily modified 2021 is worth 50% of its sticker price because I have put 87k miles on it. Modifications add zero to the value, but since I plan to keep it long term, I am ok with that... The truth is that I have a $50k+ Bronco that's worth $25k to the market, but still worth 50k to me.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Auto trans out of the question ?
You probably have much better chance getting built with Auto. The 7MT's have been on hold since early this year. The Constraints Reports still show it as 0% Capacity, which means they're not building them. In B6G there are many threads talking about 7MT production problems, grinding noises, and so on
It's a really good point about probability of production, but for me personally, the manual is the #1 non-negotiable feature of this potential purchase. I want to drive manuals until they are gone or my replacement knees start to rust :cool:. Yes, definitely seen those comments about production/grinding, but also lots of positive reports around the web about the daily livability of the manual - enjoyable and pretty smooth. We live in rural NH with lots of dirt/hills....but want non-dirt daily experience to be enjoyable....at least how I define enjoyable - shifting gears, better control, engine braking, etc.

Our dirt driveway ....

Ford Bronco Build & Price: Base Model dropped for 2024, lowest model now starts at $39,130 Golf R NH Snow - 19 Feb 2022 (17 of 20) (1)

Last edited:

SvgOne

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr, 2021 Jeep JLUR Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw a 2wd wrangler last year, it was a sahara model. My friend tried to buy it but the dealer was trying to play him so he walked away.

I'd take a 2wd Bronco with locking diff over the 4wd if it was an option.

I hate changing drive axle boots!
Years ago you could buy Z71s in 2wd, I believe they had limited slip rear ends. The Nissan Frontier Desert runner was a 2wd. Ironically, high speed desert running (like the Raptor is tuned for) will work just fine in 2wd. Keeping up momentum is key for the desert/sandy conditions. A rear locker, 2wd, desert pony would be kinda cool. In my opinion.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering the MY21 early 22 Wildtrak was simply a well optioned Base with window tint and the ability to add packages I'll add condition 3:
3. spend $300 on window tint and $400 on heated seats, take your $7000 in savings and throw it in a CD at 5%.

So one of the local dealers got a 21 WT. They drove it around all the time and were asking 85K back then. I drove by their lot last week and it has 12K miles and is down to 50K.

I just have to chuckle at them because it has a 7" screen and yellow shocks on it. Damn near identical to my Basesquatch 2.7, only difference is it has tinted windows and leather, and I paid less than 40K. 🤪

I have to laugh every time I see it. I have a feeling it will still be there a year from now. They think it is something special. :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I built my 23 Base Sas with the same options and my cost was $47,000 and the 24 is 54,000 and it didn't include the 2.7 engine. It would include a 12" screen and vinyl seats which we wanted the cloth, so I'm thankful I got mine when I did. The Bronco needs an update or people are going to start cross shopping especially once the new Toyota SUV's get released.
true story, I did the same a few weeks ago, almost $8k more for my 22' Base build today.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have the national numbers, but I do have the regional numbers (northeast).

For 2021-2022 the three lowest trims were First Edition, Everglades, and Base.
I'm assuming those are deliveries. First Editions were limited by Ford and many base orders added Sasquatch and/or a manual and/or was a two door (hardtop), so it makes sense that those are in the three lowest trims.

I waited 22 months for my order and I would have got my order almost a year earlier if I hadn't added Sasquatch. About/almost half of my wait time was just because it was a manual two door, the other half was because of adding Sasquatch.

Question: Weren't a lot of dealer stock orders Big Bends just to keep the line going? I'm assuming dealers ordered the highest trim they could get built and many of those were BBs?

Had I really took a little more time to understand the trims before I ordered, which was before the Sasquatch package was available on a manual, I think I would have been happy if I had order a Black Diamond with a rear locker and I would have got it sooner too. BUT, by the time Ford added the ability to add Sasquatch to manuals I been to enough events to see the value; especially on a base 2 door manual.

With the price increases and changes in trim I'm 100% happy with my decision to add Sasquatch and the longer wait to get a Bronco that would now cost me somewhere around $53K (paid $37K). And, Ford's not making any manuals right now.

Note: My manual has been smooth and I Love It!

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's sad about that? It had like three options you could add on. Ordering SAS was the only way to get a locker on the base trim.
I have a Base model and love it. You should
What's sad about that? It had like three options you could add on. Ordering SAS was the only way to get a locker on the base trim.
I have a Base model and love it. You are incorrect about only three options, there was a ton of options including things like the modular bumper. I'm glad Ford offered a model that didn't have automatic climate control and other nonsense I don't want. For off roaders a Base with Sasquatch was an unbeatable value, and without is great for those of us that don't off road. That said my Base without lockers did great in Utah ski area parking lots. I glided right through while Subarus and other 4WD vehicles had to be pulled out. I couldn't be happier with my Base -- today the same vehicle costs $10,000 more than I paid!

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got my ‘22 2.3 Basesquatch for 42k all in, out the door. Hell of a deal and saved tons of cash for all my mods. So far I’ve spent around $12k on the things important to me and I’m not done yet.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid $36K (MSRP) delivered for my 4Dr Base, only options were Modular Bumper and Aux switches. No regrets I wouldn't change a thing. Today it would cost $10,000 more for the same thing, and Carvana is still offering me $5000 more than I paid at 20 months and 10K miles!!

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny thing is that they still offer the XL Maverick, which is essentially a base and it’s priced around $25k…..
And from what I hear they sell every one they can build. Weird, huh?

Once the gold rush of higher margin models is over, Ford might be sorry they hacked the base (and the next in line - Big Bend, I'm looking at you).

I highly doubt Jeep will ever kill the Wrangler Sport or Sport S, it would be brand suicide. It's almost like they understand their market...

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So one of the local dealers got a 21 WT. They drove it around all the time and were asking 85K back then. I drove by their lot last week and it has 12K miles and is down to 50K.

I just have to chuckle at them because it has a 7" screen and yellow shocks on it. Damn near identical to my Basesquatch 2.7, only difference is it has tinted windows and leather, and I paid less than 40K. 🤪

I have to laugh every time I see it. I have a feeling it will still be there a year from now. They think it is something special. :LOL::LOL:
If it is a 4-dr, in a weird way, it is special. The '21 WT 4-dr dealer mannequins came with a soft top. A '21 WT that was ordered didn't have that option. The softie option only was available for '22. There are about 3000 Ford Dealers. Not everyone received a WT. Ford won't release the population data of production for the 6G. But one can surmise that the population of '21 WT with a softie is well below 3000.

Now, a soft top doesn't make a vehicle special. But how it was built and the list of standard items on the window sticker won't change.
Sponsored