Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Under "Bronco Order Bank and Configuration Options FAQs"

on Ford's website, one of the questions is "Will the Base and manual transmission return for ordering for the 2024 model year?"
Answer: " The manual transmission will return. We will share more details later this year. "

Since they said the manual transmission will return, but made no specific statement about the Base model, does this mean that the Base model will go away? I will soon pick up my 4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L at Granger and have always thought that this was the best Bronco deal Ford offers. Could they be killing off the Base model so that they can sell only higher priced trims? Thoughts?

Screenshot_20230430-140718.png
Dang dude, I'm so sorry you won't be able to order Bronco #5.

What a way to start the week. Grief counselors are provided by the Ford chatbot, just provide your VIN to obtain shoulder to cry on.

1st world problems.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: LCW

Ziemann

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco 2-Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford needs to have something to directly compete with the Wrangler Sport. The buyers of the Bronco Base tend to heavily customize their rides, and Ford will make money frequently on the back end with accessories for the Base. I doubt they will just walk away from a model intended to directly compete with the Wrangler Sport.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm guessing the basesquatch option is gone. But keep in mind, the amount we see on these forums does not represent reality. It's an "enthusiast's" build and makes up a pretty small portion of overall sales, but a decent chunk of the online presence.

Sadly, there's a reason for that. I absolutely love my build - base, squatch, bumper, switches. Nothing else. My wife? Pretty sad we didn't get at least a mid package. I'm hoping the heritage I have on order satisfies both of us, even if it's a bit more truck than I want.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the category of "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" we have the Base Sasquatch. All the capability of the most capable Bronco (essentially) and under 40K. I can see them tying Sasquatch to Black Diamond, Badlands and by default Wiltrak and special editions in the future. The marketing guy that came up with allowing Sasquatch on lower trims is probably in the unemployment line with the Red Lobster guy that dreamed up all you can eat crab.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope they keep it. Happy I got mine.

Ford Bronco Base Model - Dead For Good? IMG_0682

Sponsored

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoDude; So clean, so simple, so cool. The basket great! My crits, drop the spare tire cover. Let the spare age like the other four on the floor. Retro bronco identity drop, over done. I used the simple black kick'in bronc, small vinyl logo like used on this site to identify Bronco Base owners. Step probably mandatory for the wife and kiddies. Mud flaps to anal for me, and I'm an anal guy!
As they say across the pond, Good Show, Bloody Good Show! Tommy Bronc

fftfk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope not. Took delivery of my 2-door, 7 MT, with added oem front steel mod bump and roof rack in June '22. Ordered in Sep. of 2020 and bought it on the cheap, around 31K. True base, right down to the old school, silver painted steelies. Like the idea of adding my own mods when a need calls for them. This car was originally designed for that purpose. Meet the specific need/want of every individual owner. I added an oem rear steel bumper in early '23 from a front totaled '22 badlands edition. Believe both front and rear oem steel bumpers give the original base a stronger, finished look. Surprisingly no hard top cracking and no gravel grinding yet in the trans. Still a very rare pony, have only seen one 2-door on the road in Northern Illinois just recently and it wasn't a base. If I ever do sell this fun, no frills bronc I hope to hear a lot of cha ching, cha chings as it grows old like me. Tommy Bronc
You'll be seeing at least one more 2 door base (squatch) in Northern IL in about a week. Did you get the front bumper from a dealer?

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey fftfk, Great, need some like thinking company around here. No, modular bump and roof rack was included in my original order. Rear oem steel bumper picked from Parts Box, Englewood, FL. You may be able to find a part need there "used" on the cheap. Bob-e or Paul, good guys in customer service. Parts from them oem, like new! Welcome, Tommy Bronc

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the category of "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" we have the Base Sasquatch. All the capability of the most capable Bronco (essentially) and under 40K. I can see them tying Sasquatch to Black Diamond, Badlands and by default Wiltrak and special editions in the future. The marketing guy that came up with allowing Sasquatch on lower trims is probably in the unemployment line with the Red Lobster guy that dreamed up all you can eat crab.
I doubt it. Many people these days want all the accoutrements and trinkets. A base Sas is a non-starter for them. People are fighting to pay 60k or more for Wildtrak and other upscale models. I don't think base Sas is as big a draw as it may appear.

Most Bronco buyers hardly if ever offroad, so they don't care about a base with Sas in terms of actual functionality. Maybe they flip the locker switch once the whole time they own the vehicle, but they want everyday use of heated steering wheel and remote start or whatever.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got the basesquatch primarily for the lockers on the cheap. When I ordered, I could've gone badlands but by the time I got an automatic transmission and 2.7, I was over the basesquatch and stuck with the orange trim accents and disconnect that I didn’t really want....glad I got in when I did. Added rock rails, tint, cheap accent D-rings and black rings to total $670 in "mods" and it's perfect.
Ford Bronco Base Model - Dead For Good? 20230320_143011

Last edited:

Sponsored

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I doubt it. Many people these days want all the accoutrements and trinkets. A base Sas is a non-starter for them. People are fighting to pay 60k or more for Wildtrak and other upscale models. I don't think base Sas is as big a draw as it may appear.

Most Bronco buyers hardly if ever offroad, so they don't care about a base with Sas in terms of actual functionality. Maybe they flip the locker switch once the whole time they own the vehicle, but they want everyday use of heated steering wheel and remote start or whatever.

Indio22, So right. Tommy Bronc

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s the best Guy Ford has hired in years!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got an email from my dealer saying that it appears to him that Ford is phasing out the Base model... hoping it returns in 2024.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's generally not much that can be taken as hard fact from Ford communications.

It's possible that they offer the Base but not the Manual in '24, and just scrub the FAQ of this info.
I ordered my Base with the options I wanted and am very pleased.
$34,580 with 2.7, aux switches, roof rails and outside entry key pad.
I bought aftermarket items I liked such as tires, rims, bumpers and such.
Only ting I really wanted that I couldn't get was the 3.73 gears with locking differential.
Ford offers them on the F150 so why not the Bronco?
But the on demand 4x4 is all I really need.
I didn't want all the whistles and bells such as auto lane sensing etc.
They may keep the base around for DNR, Police or EMS services. IMO
Sponsored