Sponsored

Dump $8k into a Base or Trade for BaseSquatch?

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhmm....we call it Overlanding. Camping is what you do in a Honda Element 🤣
You're right, overlanding is basically what rich people call "camping".

Ford Bronco Dump $8k into a Base or Trade for BaseSquatch? 1675882838277
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh - speculation.
Im with him, fire roads, BLM roads - I dont want to "rock crawl". It doesnt look fun. Its like watching your new car that you spent a ton of money on and waited years for - s..l..o...w...l...y... get scraped up and broken. I dont feel a "sense of accomplishment" by "making it over" a big rock.
+ most of the videos I see people doing it... look a little redneckey. just sayin'.
He wants to do family camping.
Redneck?? Present and accounted for right here. Rock Crawling is too much fun:

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch. No hassles of getting the work done, un-forseen issues, warranty coverage, etc. I thought about this when I placed a reservation for a Base two door. Decided to get the Sas. Was the right decision- get it the way you want it right out of the box. I love mine- needs zero mods. Was such a long wait almost 2 years but definitely worth it.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
100 percent SAS and you will be thanking yourself.

not to mention as an A51 owner myself Cactus Grey will have higher resell.
Is this just anecdotal (e.g., the B6G vote on least-fave color) or do you have anything you can point to showing CG has a higher resale?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As he said many times - hes not rock crawling - he will NEVEER need that stuff
It's not about reality. Your banging your head against the wall. Doesn't matter if lockers and stuff will get used. These people are buying for the emotional/fantasy value. That's what Ford and Jeep are selling, they know most of their customers don't have a real use for those features. But Walter Mitty's money jingles in their pockets just like everyone else's.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
always go OEM, IMO cause it has a warranty, it works and it gets you more on resale. If you plan on making it look and function like a SAS just go for a SAS build to start.

OP
OP
WilVis

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not about reality. Your banging your head against the wall. Doesn't matter if lockers and stuff will get used. These people are buying for the emotional/fantasy value. That's what Ford and Jeep are selling, they know most of their customers don't have a real use for those features. But Walter Mitty's money jingles in their pockets just like everyone else's.
Absolutely agree with this. Well written. I’ve bought lots of stuff for the emotional/fantasy value. Sometimes that’s ok. It’s worth it to me to have a motorcycle or two in the garage even if I don’t have time to ride as much as I would like. I can dream of riding through South America when in reality that isn’t happening for awhile.

On the other side of the coin, it feels good to actually use a tool as intended. I would love to have a Bronco with 150k on the clock and the stories to tell. It comes down to making that happen regardless of a base or Squatch. And being realistic about motivation.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you know the use-case for lockers?
*like in what situation, would you need lockers?
Do you know what the "uprated front axle" is for?
Do you believe you need SAS gearing for 33s?

None of those things are needed for your inital "use case".
I have a hunch most people on here cheering for SAS, bought it, never use its capabilities, and want to feel good about their purchase and paying interest on all that extra expense
Sup I have a 2 door base sas 2.3L MT.
I got exactly what I wanted and I'm very happy with it all around. I have no intention on going rock crawling, I'm not fucking up my brand new expensive car. Its my daily driver, I commute to work with it, I go to the grocery store, and enjoy every time I see it and drive it.

Does that bother you?

Sponsored

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sup
Q: Does that bother you?
A: no, Im so happy for you!
Thanks I'm happy for me too.

I'm sad for you having not optioned SaS from the factory when you had the chance. Now scrambling trying to buy take off parts and adding it yourself or voiding factory warranty with after market lifts.

It's just odd how you post such elitist sounding posts while at the same time asking lots of newbie questions yourself.

Your buyers remorse for having no SaS yet steer op into your same mistake. What a guy.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can do the work yourself, you will be miles ahead upgrading the current one. If you have to pay someone, you’re better off to take the trade.

duckyjp

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hard to argue with the value found in the base Sasquatch. Having a BD squatch, I can’t believe how well sorted it is from the factory with 35s. The gearing is perfect. The switchgear is integrated. advanced 4wd is killer. Front and rear lockers. So much value.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks I'm happy for me too.

I'm sad for you having not optioned SaS from the factory when you had the chance. Now scrambling trying to buy take off parts and adding it yourself or voiding factory warranty with after market lifts.

It's just odd how you post such elitist sounding posts while at the same time asking lots of newbie questions yourself.

Your buyers remorse for having no SaS yet steer op into your same mistake. What a guy.
I'm more sad for your caged Sas. Free Willy! ;)

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing “run of the mill” about a BaseSquatch!
It is definitely a matter of opinion. The BaseSquatch is a great truck, but in my view, 8K will give you a very unique truck.
Sponsored