Sponsored

Dump $8k into a Base or Trade for BaseSquatch?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is definitely a matter of opinion. The BaseSquatch is a great truck, but in my view, 8K will give you a very unique truck.
But it will never be a Sasquatch!
Sponsored

Nusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No option base here.

letā€™s be real, itā€™s got 4x4, low range, and a high clearance body. Thats enough to get you in the mountains exploring nature.

Get a set of aftermarket skids and some 32 or 33 AT tires and enjoy saving 7k, saving on gas, saving on tire replacement. If itā€™s a daily driver itā€™s going to do 95 percent of its miles on pavement anyway.

I would argue that anything that needs front and rear lockers and 35s, youā€™d be better off building a cheaper purpose built used rig.

If your retirement account, emergency fund and vacation account are already well fundedā€¦ go for it, itā€™s an awesome package.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No option base here.

letā€™s be real, itā€™s got 4x4, low range, and a high clearance body. Thats enough to get you in the mountains exploring nature.

Get a set of aftermarket skids and some 32 or 33 AT tires and enjoy saving 7k, saving on gas, saving on tire replacement. If itā€™s a daily driver itā€™s going to do 95 percent of its miles on pavement anyway.

I would argue that anything that needs front and rear lockers and 35s, youā€™d be better off building a cheaper purpose built used rig.

If your retirement account, emergency fund and vacation account are already well fundedā€¦ go for it, itā€™s an awesome package.
Agreed the base can be a lot of fun, and take the owner on all sorts of trails. I use to live in Colorado and did a lot of wheeling with open diff rigs running 31" tires. Lots of fun exploring. Driver is the key ingredient. Some folks just don't have it in them regardless of vehicle config.

Sas package has some nice features to use, but probably some owners are paying mainly for the Sas badge and fantasy aspect. It's like expensive make-believe for grownups. :)

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since Ford can, at their discretion, point to any aftermarket product as a the culprit to a warranty claim, and refuse said claim...I would definitely go with the majority here and go sasquatch and get the warranty on all parts.
Sponsored