First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm sure this puts me in the minority. But I'd love to see Lincoln put out a luxury model on the same platform as the bronco. Hoping for a g-wagon-esque off roader from Lincoln.
Never happening. Ever.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We can get into the semantics debate if you want lol but I'll let other people do that. My insurance classifies my bronco as a Utility so SUV lol.

But back to the Expedition, here's some sources that state the expedition was launched in 96, internal code UN93

" The all-new full-size SUV was unveiled on May 9, 1996 and launched on October 2, 1996 as a 1997 model. It replaced the aging two-door Ford Bronco. The XLT was the base model. The Expedition featured optional three row seating, first row captains chair seating, available second row captains chair seating, leather seating surfaces, illuminated running boards, heated side view mirrors, power moon roof, dual zone climate control and Ford’s Mach audio sound system with rear subwoofer. Many of these features were standard on the Eddie Bauer version. "

Here is a video review from Motorweek, originally recorded on September 4th 1996
I think he is getting the PN96 F-150 launch and Expedition launches mixed up. According to wikipedia, the F-150 launched January 1996, which would line up with his December comments. The Expedition was shown off in May and went into production in the fall of that year.

As we all know, launch dates aren't worth what date they are assigned, since the 2021 Bronco was supposed to be a December 7,2020 launch that didn't happen till May 2021 and was a giant clusterfuck till the fall of that year with it becoming less of a cluster as time went on.

BigBendMatt

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Put that thing on showroom floors, and I promise you, Matt's Off-Road Recovery will be setting up franchises all over the continent.
(Pretty good Photoshop. Your own?)
Thanks! Correct, I did it this morning during some free time after seeing this thread.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have to see what upgrades they would do if it were a Lincoln. Better seats??? Fancy interior? bigger engine?? Just not sure what it would take to make it a Lincoln.
What do they do to an Expedition to make it a Navigator? They give it leather seats, and captains chairs in back instead of a bench.

Take the Bronco, give it a slightly different grill, two bucket seats in back with a console and a one-piece fiberglass top = Lincoln. Done.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Lincoln would end up with….
Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform 1673386476358

Sponsored
OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The current Bronco is directly aimed at the Wrangler and nothing else on the market...its roughly the same size as the first gen Explorer in 4 door form.
Our 4 door bronco will be a replacement/upgrade over an 07 explorer. I liked the explorer while it was still body on frame, even if it wasn't pretty, didn't have lockers, couldn't remove doors. While I always wanted a jeep, ford's decision to give this vehicle better road handling than a death-wobbling wrangler was a major driver to place an order as we had been eyeballing a 4xe.

I started this thread wondering what other people think about room foe the growth of the platform. Lots of interesting ideas here.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 4 door bronco will be a replacement/upgrade over an 07 explorer. I liked the explorer while it was still body on frame, even if it wasn't pretty, didn't have lockers, couldn't remove doors. While I always wanted a jeep, ford's decision to give this vehicle better road handling than a death-wobbling wrangler was a major driver to place an order as we had been eyeballing a 4xe.

I started this thread wondering what other people think about room foe the growth of the platform. Lots of interesting ideas here.
Aside from the endless multi-page argument about models and years and similarities, this was a good thread. I'll say anything could happen. Ford was spotted driving a Defender around their test grounds so they are at least keeping an eye on the competition, including brands that are a bit more "lux" than the current Bronco trim of the same name.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If they kept the 7MT as an option, my mom would buy a Lincoln badged Bronco tomorrow as a replacement for her 2011 Cayenne manual.
But I suspect the 7MT would be a bridge to far to expect from Ford, based on how much they have limited it's trim availability already.

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think this is that far off. Lots of people buying with the lux package and then throwing another 30-40 at their "rig" but 97% of the miles will be trips to the office, the golf course or whole foods. Bronco and Wrangler ownership is way more about what the vehicle CAN do than what it actually does. I could definitely see the Scottsdale crowd driving a Lincoln Mountaineer with a 400 hp PHEV and panoramic glass top, wood grain in the dash, console, etc. because it's capable AND shiny.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like those, but I want something off road/trail capable, not a soft-roader.
Needs at least 1 solid axle. I might accept 4 wheel independent suspension if it was running portals, like the Bollinger.

https://bollingermotors.com/b1-b2/

Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform 2B0D0412-A40D-410D-A021-F7B2677A79EF
I dunno why I keep laughing at this thing, I can't look away from it
It's like it jumped straight out of a ten year old's etch-a-sketch
Found some sick tires for it though

car-wheel.jpg

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform car-wheel

There's a couple conversions in the wild.
Yeah, I've seen those online but have never been a fan. The design just doesn't translate to the smaller form factor IMO.

Considering how ugly the f150 and expedition were in 1997 I'm in some ways glad the Bronco ended when it did.
Sponsored