First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I doubt that there would ever be a market big enough for what would end up being a $100k nurtured off-roading vehicle. The Bronco was literally designed around it's ability to open up to nature. What you all want is not a Bronco. Go buy the G wagon you clearly desire.

How many Lincoln badged F-150s were ever sold maybe 30,000? The demand for luxury is often outweighed by practicality and the enormous price tag associated with it.
The Mark LT still exists today, Ford just changed the name to F150 King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. I think the market for lux-trucks is bigger than many realize.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Mark LT still exists today, Ford just changed the name to F150 King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited. I think the market for lux-trucks is bigger than many realize.
The King Ranch Edition pre-dates the Lincoln f150.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure this puts me in the minority. But I'd love to see Lincoln put out a luxury model on the same platform as the bronco. Hoping for a g-wagon-esque off roader from Lincoln.
Might be cool for some folks, but for me I would like a minimalist model with these features.
A manual 2 speed transfer case.
Delete all of the GOAT stuff
Delete engine shut off feature
Instruments with round dials with numbers
Delete TMPS. I have a tire gauge.
A simple AM FM RADIO with a decent receiver. Delete the damn screen too.
Delete the window controls you have to mess with just to crack the window.
Add vent windows.
Add steel bumpers front and rear.maybe made with 4 inch square tube with integral 2 inch receiver on front and rear.
A console that will hold a decent Size handgun with a lock.my 686 in holster fits nicely in the door net.
I can come up with more stuff but that's just my opinion.
I love my 22 Base 2 door with MT. Though I know that most folks like all the cool stuff.
Paul in AZ

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be cool for some folks, but for me I would like a minimalist model with these features.
Add vent windows.
Add steel bumpers front and rear.maybe made with 4 inch square tube with integral 2 inch receiver on front and rear.
A console that will hold a decent Size handgun with a lock.my 686 in holster fits nicely in the door net.
I love my 22 Base 2 door with MT. Though I know that most folks like all the cool stuff.
Paul in AZ
Could have sworn I've seen a bunch of these around in the 60's and 70's....

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure this puts me in the minority. But I'd love to see Lincoln put out a luxury model on the same platform as the bronco. Hoping for a g-wagon-esque off roader from Lincoln.
I'd absolutely be down for that

Sponsored
OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could have sworn I've seen a bunch of these around in the 60's and 70's....
People smoked in restaurants and y'all put lead in everything back then, too. The screens are a product of demand and regulations though. Gotta have a backup camera.

I get the nostalgia and I'd rather have a 4 day work week than an 8k tv.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People smoked in restaurants and y'all put lead in everything back then, too. The screens are a product of demand and regulations though. Gotta have a backup camera.

I'm not quite that old, yet...

I appreciate modern comfort and safety, unfortunately that comes with expensive to buy and expensive to repair; making modern cars disposable like tablets and phones.
Modern vehicles also all look the same. The ones that garner the most attention are retro styled.

I haven't given up yet, I did get a B6G, but my backup plan is a restomod.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Add vent windows.
Paul in AZ
Found just what you're looking for, they'll happily add whatever is missing that you want, like a locking console
https://classicfordbroncos.com/302-model/

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would not rival the G Wagon without a V8, which won't happen. But I like your idea.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lincoln Mountaineer... Bringing back that Mercury nameplate... Wow... Brilliant!

Will they do it? Likely not...

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate modern comfort and safety, unfortunately that comes with expensive to buy and expensive to repair; making modern cars disposable like tablets and phones.
Modern vehicles also all look the same. The ones that garner the most attention are retro styled.
All cars look the same is just a cop out that has been said since the 1960s...outside of the GM badged engineered cars from the 1980s, cars have looked different from one another if you actually cared about the details that set them apart.

The funny thing about modern cars-people bitch about them being disposable, yet the average age of a car in the US is 12 years old...which would have been completely unheard of back in the 1980s, with people buying a new car every 5-7 years or getting rid of it once it hit 100K because they where so unreliable. You can drive pretty much any new car for at least 150K with just regular maintenance on it and pretty much not having any major issues with it.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not much of an increase in PQ in a 8K TV anyways...the vast majority of TV is televised at 1080P and you'll need a 80-90" or bigger display to really get your moneys worth for a 4K display.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Add vent windows.
Paul in AZ
While we are at it let's get rid of the power steering, power brakes, ABS and air bags too LOL

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All cars look the same is just a cop out that has been said since the 1960s...outside of the GM badged engineered cars from the 1980s, cars have looked different from one another if you actually cared about the details that set them apart.

The funny thing about modern cars-people bitch about them being disposable, yet the average age of a car in the US is 12 years old...which would have been completely unheard of back in the 1980s, with people buying a new car every 5-7 years or getting rid of it once it hit 100K because they where so unreliable. You can drive pretty much any new car for at least 150K with just regular maintenance on it and pretty much not having any major issues with it.
If I have to look closely at the details or the badge, that means they all look the same.
Even Mercedes SUV's now look like the Japanese SUV's. All sculpted in the same wind tunnels, designed around the same regulations.

It's a shame auto manufacturers are so out of touch with consumers.

Ford didn't think the new Bronco would be a hit. Ford had to be pushed to put the Sasquatch pkg on multiple trims, or was it put 35's?, I forget what Healy/Gittin said.
At least Ford is trying/daring, but nearly going out of bushiness can have that effect.

If they released a Lincoln version based off Bronco/Ranger they wouldn't put big off-road tires on it and completely miss any hype/halo effect. It would be dead in the water because enthusiasts wouldn't care about it or talk about it and nobody would dream about owning/upgrading to the special model because Ford/Lincoln didn't make/show it.

Rental / transportation models don't sell cars. They may keep you in business for a while, but you'll always be chasing bottom dollar.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I have to look closely at the details or the badge, that means they all look the same.
Even Mercedes SUV's now look like the Japanese SUV's. All sculpted in the same wind tunnels, designed around the same regulations.
Here lies the problem-it is your option that they are that way-the vast majority of car buyers, who buy Rental / transportation models that you talk about don't normally give two shits about how the car looks. Just look at all the "misgenergering" of the Bronco with the Jeep...because people don't care or know. That is what your selling a car to. As long as your car isn't ugly, it will sell...even some cars like BMWs with their new grills that are considered ugly by purists, are still selling well.

The Bronco is in a unique situation right now, but what happens when the next big thing comes along or the demand for it is met? You never know it might die off again in 2035 or earlier.
Sponsored