First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didnt someone get water in his engine. Had a service which included an engine flush. Engine went bad and dealer would not warranty because of the flush.
Sponsored

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didnt someone get water in his engine. Had a service which included an engine flush. Engine went bad and dealer would not warranty because of the flush.
I believe the dealer saw a small water stain in the air box and denied it. He did have a flush done, then spun a bearing or two I believe

A flush is meant for severely neglected engines that donā€™t get regular oil changes. Even then, Iā€™d be cautious. It can loosen up sludge thatā€™s in a ā€œsafeā€ area and relocate that sludge to an oil passage and block it. Just change your oil.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Used to flush high mileage vehicles by cutting old oil that was being drained 50/50 with kerosene

OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks all for your input. Seems like the risk-reward isn't worth it. I'll continue with 5k synthetic oil changes. I do wish the 2.7 was a bit more refined, especially when cold, but it is what it is.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the owners manual specifically states that any oil additives not from Ford will void your warranty. I"d think even at a best case that stuff won't do anything.

Why do you say the engine is unrefined? Mine is loud at first crank and for about 30 seconds until it idles down. I am not worried about it though. Is yours just loud or is it making noise that it shouldn't, like your cam phasers are bad.

Sponsored
OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the owners manual specifically states that any oil additives not from Ford will void your warranty. I"d think even at a best case that stuff won't do anything.

Why do you say the engine is unrefined? Mine is loud at first crank and for about 30 seconds until it idles down. I am not worried about it though. Is yours just loud or is it making noise that it shouldn't, like your cam phasers are bad.
I don't have the cam phaser issue, thankfully, but it is louder than "normal" with some vibration. I don't think it is anything out of spec or any problems, but wondering if there is a way to make improvements.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands