Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am doing an oil change tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone had experience/opinions with using Liqui Moly Engine Flush. My '23 Wildtrak has 15k miles. I'm desperate to try to improve the sound and NVH when the engine is cold. The 2.7 is great when up to operating temp, but I'm surprised at how unrefined it is at startup and warm up.
Sponsored

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only experience with it was on a 5.0 with over 200k miles on it in a 94 f-150 I bought. I used it and it cleaned out a log of gunk, however I think a lot of the gunk was filling in some gaps and within 100 miles of the flush the main bearings were gone and I lost the engine. It was probably on its way there anyway. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d put it in a new engine. Interested in hearing what others think.

OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if using it consistently on a newer engine would be less risky versus using it on a 200k mile engine for the first time?

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldnā€™t use it. The engine is new at 15k. Change the oil frequently and use a good (compliant) oil - e.g., Penzoil ultra platinum synthetic has good detergent properties and is made from natural gas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
msujay2012

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Absolutely no way i would do it in mine, but im curious how it works in yours.
I didn't say I was going to use it, rather I was asking for input from those with experience with the product. Thanks for offering nothing to the discussion.

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t use it. The engine is new at 15k. Change the oil frequently and use a good (compliant) oil - e.g., Penzoil ultra platinum synthetic has good detergent properties and is made from natural gas.
I put Ultra Platinum in my 2.7 after 1k mile break in. Its been working great.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am doing an oil change tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone had experience/opinions with using Liqui Moly Engine Flush. My '23 Wildtrak has 15k miles. I'm desperate to try to improve the sound and NVH when the engine is cold. The 2.7 is great when up to operating temp, but I'm surprised at how unrefined it is at startup and warm up.
I use Archoil on all vehicles at oil change intervals. Works great and my 100k F150 runs like it did new. So I have been using it on Bronco as well.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might use an engine flush every 100k miles. But running full synthetic from day one I don't think even that is necessary. But you have to be careful and follow the instructions to the letter. It's strong stuff.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ultra Platinum is not WSS-M2C961-A1 spec'd oil...it is hard to find the info, but ...

Ford Bronco Liqui Moly Engine Flush Screenshot_20231209-042939_Drive

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Howdy, I saw the video of the Lethal Performance Oil change kit and didn't want to spring for the cases worth of products. I was able to find the Liqui Moly engine flush and their MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment locally that I used on my last oil change. I'm using Motorcraft oil and changing fairly often (did 1st oil change myself at 1k miles and using the UPR Ford Easy Oil Drain valve). Did a long road trip over the summer while towing a small trailer so wanted a little extra cleaning. It's been about 3000 miles since I used the Liqui Moly engine flush and added the MoS2 friction treatment. It doesn't take long to smooth out after cold startups in Houston on my 2.7L '22 Wildtrak, but it's not very cold here yet for what it's worth.
I also have a mustang GT with the 4.6L 3 valve SOHC setup. Did motorcraft and then Royal Purple HPS oil for awhile since I knew the local wholesale rep and was getting the 5 gallon jugs at the same price as o'reilly brand quart oil. I still have a small bottle of their synerlec active ingredient dropper that I can add into a quart of regular oil when I want. (Works wonders for door jams with just a couple drops too year after year even though its originally developed for high RPM applications) Babied it until after 100k miles when I finally started upgrades after warranty. Unfortunatley I had two valve lash adjusters sieze up on me around 130k miles and did the valve rework with CompCams parts and then rebuilt it with forged rods and pistons. The orifices are small on that 3 valve engine espeically for NA and I imagine there are a quite a few small orifices on these ecoboosts as well. After the rebuild was recommended to just use Motorcraft oil at Walmart prices and change it often by Patrick O'Gorman to keep the particulate level down.
I plan on doin' what I can to keep 'er in good shape while having fun to catch any internal issues (hopefully not) before I get outta warranty period this time!
P.S. I'm at 15k miles as well ;-)

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I donā€™t understand why anyone wants a ā€œcleanā€ engine.

engines are dirty. Filter the oil. Change it when itā€™s not working as well as it should be.

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't say I was going to use it, rather I was asking for input from those with experience with the product. Thanks for offering nothing to the discussion.
You started a thread about a well known product that has plenty of information on it. Youā€™re supposed to use it, spin a bearing, then come start a thread about it.
Sponsored