Sponsored

Livestream to discuss tops at 5:00 Eastern today!

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Livestream:

Hey guys, so this has been going on in the background for the past 24 hours, and now that we have a time *somewhat* set in stone I wanted to loop y'all in. There is going to be a live stream to discuss the announcement, and what's happening going forward. Bronco Nation was nice enough to invite me to represent Bronco6G and our concerns, so I wanted to open up the floor to you guys for anything you want me to address. It sounds like also joining us on the stream will be Mitchell Watts from Town and Country TV, Will from @forgeoverland (Bronco Ambassador) David from Bronco Nation, and a Ford rep as well to hash things out. I've of course got thoughts of my own, but wanted to know what you guys want to be addressed specifically, and I will do my best to get answers! I will edit this with a link once I have it.

Right off the bat, the main *Question* that I have gotten is about color availability so people can start planning their '22 model year build. I want to be able to have a productive conversation, so any questions that have not been answered yet let me know and hopefully I'll be able to get them addressed!
Do we have an ETA for group 2 to actually take delivery? Let’s say they will all be delivered before 2022?
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wish the issue of soft tops rubbing on the roll bars would have been brought up since they will be mass producing soft tops while the hard tops get figured out.
It is my understanding this revision/fix has already been implemented. The inside members of the frame are purported to now have felt tape to guard against scratches.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What would you have preferred I do? "This is Bronco6G's demands, if we don't get them then we are going to be very angry and go buy a jeep instead?"

As I said in the stream, Ford has decided the path forward. Our goal was to get clarity, answer some questions, and help people plan out what needs to happen. Everyone knows what category they're in at this point, and you know what options you have. Practical answers are what I was looking for. Pragmaticism is a virtue.
You did everything you should have done. What good would it have done to berate two Ford employees who did not cause the issue and were explaining the proposed fix. I mean was Nick suppose to be an ass to these guys? What would that have accomplished? I think we need more civility in public discourse, (unless I am pissed about something then I am entitled to rant and be a total ass).

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They did not answer yes or no.. basically said will let you know SOON, MAYBE
Yeah I saw it Now. Went back and watched it from the beginning
Oh Well! Guess we will know in September!
When the new B&P is up!

i’m wondering if I’m even gonna get my 22 in 22’!
Two door hardtop baseSquatch!
As Long as They keep their MSRP promise!
And the dealer doesn’t screw me at the last minute!
I got it in writing in an email that they said they won’t charge me more than MSRP!
I have a folder of all the emails from Ford and my dealer, confirming all these extensions and protections!
We shall see hurry up and wait!
At least I know I’ll have the cash by that time!!

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 F100, Fairlane, 1991 Bronco excursion f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bingo. As Brittany from Light Brite said about Solid axle vs. IFS, everything is give and take. Bronco is the same way, at least we all have a general idea of the future now.
Bright future for soft tops
Us hardtop got put in the dark till after October
And we ain't getting shit but a lame sorry

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to all the "no VIN" whiners on here, add a soft top and its yours. Us with pushed back VINs are absolutely F CKed. We get to sit back and watch literally everyone else jump the line. I would probably switch to soft top now but ...oh well
I'm not a whiner but I will trade places with you. Tell you what, I'll take yours and switch mine to a soft top 4 door. We both ordered Badlands so we can swap after they both come in.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You did everything you should have done. What good would it have done to berate two Ford employees who did not cause the issue and were explaining the proposed fix. I mean was Nick suppose to be an ass to these guys? What would that have accomplished? I think we need more civility in public discourse, (unless I am pissed about something then I am entitled to be a total ass).
You can ask tough questions without being a jerk.

For instance nobody asked what was the rationale behind this course of action?
Why can’t you get a soft top on the 2 door?
What makes Ford sure they’ll hit the dates given with their revised top considering the history so far?

Should I keep going…

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a 2 door res without a vin:
What I knew yesterday: Mic issues likely will force me to MY22 or later.
What I know today: Mic issues will definitely force me to MY22 or later.

Ford calls the mic issues ”cosmetic”, but admits water causes a problem. A big enough problem that they are recalling all of them. Friggin water. You know, that stuff that falls from the sky.

Even thru all of the nonsense up til this point, Ford still will not fess up that mic is a DESIGN problem. Telling us that new mics will start in September/October does not tell us if we’re simply getting non-delaminating, but still rattling and leaky tops.

I learned nothing today.

Medhass

Black Diamond
First Name
Hassan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 F100, Fairlane, 1991 Bronco excursion f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What makes Ford sure they’ll hit the dates given with their revised top given the history so far?

Should I keep going…
This guy should be representing us
Nick take some lessons from him

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been told green is wide availability. Possibly not base(It may even be on the base just not sure) but most if not all other trims!
Nick, do you think it's safe to assume the green gas can is going to be the green?

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What makes Ford sure they’ll hit the dates given with their revised top given the history so far?

Should I keep going…
No your point is well taken. But my guess is that even if those questions were asked we got all of the information we were going to get. Obviously, another release of info is set for September when they know if they can produce the re-designed tops efficiently.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now we're worried about wildfire?!!! Ya'll are going off the deep end with this.

Good grief. They're trucks. Designed to be outside. Yes a few might have some water intrusion but they're not so precious that they won't survive a parking lot. Not to mention that parking lot is at the place they literally build these things. As in the place where are the parts are. The place where any damage is easily repaired. The place where they can build a new one if one is, somehow, damaged beyond repair while sitting in a parking lot.
I said wildlife, not fire, like rodents and whatever else is out there. I don’t have a VIN but I’d be a bit upset knowing after all this that the new Bronco I’m getting has been sitting in the elements for months on end. When it’s in our possession, sure, it’s our call what we do with it. I just feel bad for the folks who have their rig sitting in those lots. Is that okay that I feel that way and have an opinion? Just a bad solution when we are spending $50k.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[QUOTE="West1, post: 770222, member: 22439
No your point is well taken. But my guess is that even if those questions were asked we got all of the information we were going to get. Obviously, another release of info is set for September when they know if they can produce the re-designed tops efficiently.
[/QUOTE]
I think another reason they won't allow a 2 door soft top is they would instantly have way more demand then they could handle. With no plan to offer it, there is no capacity to make the 2 door soft tops fast enough and they'd just piss off more people. Now 22MY, maybe...