Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@35tires Thank you for recognizing the vision to create quality products that are not like every other company building bronco parts.

Addressing @swooshdave comments, the last post that was made on this forum was addressing a question why the winch size was not a factor in the packaging. I have not thrown in the towel of the 2.7 kit. Multiple 2.7 packages will be available, it just may require more mods than originally thought. Things may come across in a negative way, due to myself attempting to be straightforward on what is going on and providing a honest status of the product, whether it is positive or negative.
Answering your original question, no I will not compromise the approach angle of my product, while having three packaging options in the works. One of the many goals is to ADD options for the bronco community to choose from and not just add the same product that is already on the market by another company.
Like I have mentioned on other product " My philosophy is to make the best product I know how and the cost is based off of my cost to manufacturing the product. My product maybe not for everyone and I understand that and respect that, However if I knew I could make something better and didn't, to save a dollar or so, I would have a hard time standing behind the brand and product."
I look forward to the progress!
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the RC because there was nothing else even in the works at the time, and while it's fine for what it is, there's a TON of room for improvement. Lobo is definitely going the right direction with their idea of maximizing clearance and addressing the shortcomings of existing offerings, and that's why I'm following them. When they figure something out, I'll be trading my RC for theirs.
With optimal clearance being a goal, another sensible goal is to make it as simple as possible with as little modification as possible. It appears that may not be an attainable goal while keeping everything OEM, as both the trans heat exchanger as well as the intercooler are both fighting for room in there. Ideally, one would simply relocate the heat exchanger to another area and then swap the intercooler for a high mount, that would give plenty of room...but that also adds cost and complexity to the install. Building the physical pieces of the winch mount is fairly straightforward, trying to figure out how and where to relocate things just to get enough clearance, that's the difficult part.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Thank you guys for the support and poitive feedback on the hidden winch skid. I am about to strart assembling another batch next week. However, I wanted to let anyone that I for all looking a solenoid relocation kit, I have released a bracket kit that may solve your solution.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/new-lobo-off-road-winch-solenoid-relocation-kit.78062/
Question about that… I have the Warn Platinum 12S with the solenoid relo kit. Is there a benefit to going with the relo kit that you have? I’ll be going with your HNT Winch Skid once it’s ready for 2.7L.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question about that… I have the Warn Platinum 12S with the solenoid relo kit. Is there a benefit to going with the relo kit that you have? I’ll be going with your HNT Winch Skid once it’s ready for 2.7L.
The main difference is the Lobo off-road kit is made specifically for the bronco.
One of the main key points I was trying to achieve in the kit is not having to pop the hood, in order to reach the control plug.
The relocation kit, provides a opportunity to make a clean wire harness to the battery and to the winch. The wires from the winch can swoop nicely to the solenoid and the ground from the winch can join them to the pack and join the power wire to the battery going along the core support with the factory harness that is already along the cross member.
location of solenoid has more airflow than most other places in the engine bay
But again, in my opinion the best part of the kit is the control plug mounted in a location that is a ease to access without having a multi step process.

Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any 2.7 updates?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
any 2.7 updates?
I have received the Mishimoto high mount intercooler kit the other day, and am installing it on the shop bronco in order to develop the OEM heat exchanger relocation kit. I hope to have a pictures and a idea when this option will be available if not released by the end of the month.

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just want to make sure I’m following as the hidden winch setup is def the way I want to go. With a Mishimoto high mount kit and a heat exchanger relocation you are developing you believe this will work?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just want to make sure I’m following as the hidden winch setup is def the way I want to go. With a Mishimoto high mount kit and a heat exchanger relocation you are developing you believe this will work?
Hello, My apologies for the delay, I was caught up in the sister company, preparing for a event that took place this past weekend.
To answer your question, YES, the first kit that will be available is the OEM heat exchanger relocated, using the Mishimoto high mount intercooler. I am regrouping this week, and will have the intercooler kit and winch skid no later than Monday of next week. I will post pictures and brief description of what all will be involved.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, My apologies for the delay, I was caught up in the sister company, preparing for a event that took place this past weekend.
To answer your question, YES, the first kit that will be available is the OEM heat exchanger relocated, using the Mishimoto high mount intercooler. I am regrouping this week, and will have the intercooler kit and winch skid no later than Monday of next week. I will post pictures and brief description of what all will be involved.
If that’s the first option, what are you thinking for the second option? You can put my order in now but want to make sure my FOMO doesn’t get the best of me!

Sponsored

cerberos213

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s next week, got anything to show off? Very excited to see what you come up with.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i hope all is well with @Lobo Off-Road. Exciting news I hope.
@hollapm @Hatman @cerberos213
Not ignoring you guys. The kit is complete and on the shop bronco. Completed and sent the bronco to CO this past Monday. In order to keep moving forward in the shop. I will be at the bronco super celebration west event starting tomorrow. I’ve put around 100 street miles on it and nothing has seemed to been influenced by the mods. I am working on the write up and images to showcase the simplicity of the kit etc. I hope to have this done and posted in the next couple days. No excuse for not responding, but was hoping to have a legitimate write up as response instead of a “it’s done and being tested” response.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@hollapm @Hatman @cerberos213
Not ignoring you guys. The kit is complete and on the shop bronco. Completed and sent the bronco to CO this past Monday. In order to keep moving forward in the shop. I will be at the bronco super celebration west event starting tomorrow. I’ve put around 100 street miles on it and nothing has seemed to been influenced by the mods. I am working on the write up and images to showcase the simplicity of the kit etc. I hope to have this done and posted in the next couple days. No excuse for not responding, but was hoping to have a legitimate write up as response instead of a “it’s done and being tested” response.
I just got the email and added it to my cart. Are there any additional coupon codes?

update…. I was too impatient to wait and realized I’m in Egypt and the time change would make me wait too long. I ordered it and can’t wait to get it on when I get back home!!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this product.
Sponsored

Last edited: