Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every few days I come back to this thread and re-read the whole thing, then check the website just in case I missed something. Just dreaming of the day when I can finally mount that winch that’s been sitting in my house for months.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every few days I come back to this thread and re-read the whole thing, then check the website just in case I missed something. Just dreaming of the day when I can finally mount that winch that’s been sitting in my house for months.
I hear you. With that being said, a unfortunate update. The OE heat exchanger will not work with OE intercooler. I brainstormed many configuration, but when it comes down to it, there i simply not enough room between the winch, intercooler shroud, and engine accessories.

Solutions being worked on.
1) Mishimoto or comparable set up intercooler/ intercooler relocation, this will allow myself to relocate the OE heat exchanger on top/in front of the winch ( where the intercooler use to be)

2) aftermarket heat exchanger that will fit within the parameters

3) Independent transmission cooler kit

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you. With that being said, a unfortunate update. The OE heat exchanger will not work with OE intercooler. I brainstormed many configuration, but when it comes down to it, there i simply not enough room between the winch, intercooler shroud, and engine accessories.

1) Mishimoto or comparable set up intercooler/ intercooler relocation, this will allow myself to relocate the OE heat exchanger on top/in front of the winch ( where the intercooler use to be)

I’m happy moving and/or swapping out any components that need altered. I think people who don’t want a bumper mounted winch, for whatever reason, will be willing to take on whatever it takes to get a quality hidden winch mount. Keep up the hard work and I can’t wait to see the final product!

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m happy moving and/or swapping out any components that need altered. I think people who don’t want a bumper mounted winch, for whatever reason, will be willing to take on whatever it takes to get a quality hidden winch mount. Keep up the hard work and I can’t wait to see the final product!

Thank you for your patience, Will keep you guys updated as I make more progress.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for your patience, Will keep you guys updated as I make more progress.
Is that just referring to the 2.7L?

2.3L is working and available, correct?

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a smaller winch work?
RC made it work. Which of their compromises do you hate the least? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would a smaller winch work?
RC made it work. Which of their compromises do you hate the least? :ROFLMAO:
The limiting factor/ difference between the RC skid and our skid is the approach angle. The RC skid base is flat with the bottom of the crossmember, the distance of the winch, prior to angling up towards the bumper. Our skid instantly angles up from the lower a arm crossmember. Because of this the winch is mounted higher, is the causing the restrictions. I have measured the evo ( much smaller than the zeon) and it is relatively the same height, just narrower.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The limiting factor/ difference between the RC skid and our skid is the approach angle. The RC skid base is flat with the bottom of the crossmember, the distance of the winch, prior to angling up towards the bumper. Our skid instantly angles up from the lower a arm crossmember. Because of this the winch is mounted higher, is the causing the restrictions. I have measured the evo ( much smaller than the zeon) and it is relatively the same height, just narrower.
So what I hear is that you’re not willing to compromise the approach angle even if it effectively kills your 2.7 market?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what I hear is that you’re not willing to compromise the approach angle even if it effectively kills your 2.7 market?
You're awful spicy over decisions a company that you don't own or run make.

I am taking this as 'do it right or don't do it until you figure it out properly' from a company with a good reputation and, if I remember right, is a fairly modest scale operation.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're awful spicy over decisions a company that you don't own or run make.

I am taking this as 'do it right or don't do it until you figure it out properly' from a company with a good reputation and, if I remember right, is a fairly modest scale operation.
Don’t take it as spice, just as feedback.

I’m just hoping someone with better QC than RC steps up with a solution. But I’m afraid that Lobo has painted themselves into a corner regarding the 2.7.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

I’m just hoping someone with better QC than RC steps up with a solution. But I’m afraid that Lobo has painted themselves into a corner regarding the 2.7.
I agree, if another company wants to come in, with approach angle and clearance not being a concern, I hope they make something that works for that purpose.

It's also not my company, but it seems like Lobo has a different vision than just 'make a winch under there' for their goal and I dig that.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You painted yourself in the corner with your choice of vehicle and engine.

there is a viable solution
The RC WORKS. You choose not to use it

I chose not to use it

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You painted yourself in the corner with your choice of vehicle and engine.

there is a viable solution
The RC WORKS. You choose not to use it

I chose not to use it
I didn’t say I wasn’t going to use the RC, but with limited options it may be the only choice.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@35tires Thank you for recognizing the vision to create quality products that are not like every other company building bronco parts.

Addressing @swooshdave comments, the last post that was made on this forum was addressing a question why the winch size was not a factor in the packaging. I have not thrown in the towel of the 2.7 kit. Multiple 2.7 packages will be available, it just may require more mods than originally thought. Things may come across in a negative way, due to myself attempting to be straightforward on what is going on and providing a honest status of the product, whether it is positive or negative.
Answering your original question, no I will not compromise the approach angle of my product, while having three packaging options in the works. One of the many goals is to ADD options for the bronco community to choose from and not just add the same product that is already on the market by another company.
Like I have mentioned on other product " My philosophy is to make the best product I know how and the cost is based off of my cost to manufacturing the product. My product maybe not for everyone and I understand that and respect that, However if I knew I could make something better and didn't, to save a dollar or so, I would have a hard time standing behind the brand and product."
Sponsored