Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will my Warn fairlead fit the HNT Skid Plate? It has that "W" logo on the top that adds a small bump up.
I'd be interested to know as well. It looks like there's a cutout directly above the fairlead position that might fit that extra material of the Warn up top, but the rest of the dimensions look a bit tight. On my RC hidden winch mount I wasn't able to use anything but their crappy little fairlead, and there was barely enough room for that. Was really hoping I could use the Yankum groove fairlead on mine but there was no way it would fit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will my Warn fairlead fit the HNT Skid Plate? It has that "W" logo on the top that adds a small bump up.
I believe I have the fairlead you are talking about at the shop. I am on my way to the winter 4X4 Jamboree. I will check the beginning of next week and get back to you guys on that.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered both the Warn Epic and Warn Premium fairleads, both fit fine. I'm going to go with the Premium, looks better to me.

And in case anyone is considering the Warn Epic Sidewinder, it does not work. The thumbscrew for the bolt sticks up too far.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco warn-standard

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco warn-epic

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered both the Warn Epic and Warn Premium fairleads, both fit fine. I'm going to go with the Premium, looks better to me.

And in case anyone is considering the Warn Epic Sidewinder, it does not work. The thumbscrew for the bolt sticks up too far.

Thank you for supplying everyone with this data.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does this work with the plastic bumper? I’d like a winch but I’m not a fan of a lot of bumpers out there because most have the sensor holes

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like these hidden winch setups would be ideal for that new Groove Fairlead, hawse Style from Yankum ropes. It helps protect the synthetic rope from friction damage and considering how low the fairlead is, I could see it coming across some rocks or tree that you are moving over.
Dimentions:
Standard 10"Bolt Mount spacing

• Standard & Comp Groove Fairleads: 13" x 3.32" x 1.38"
  • Off-Set Groove Fairlead :13" x 3.56" x 1.38"

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco Groove_Fairlead_standard_blank_1024x1024@2x

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this work with the plastic bumper? I’d like a winch but I’m not a fan of a lot of bumpers out there because most have the sensor holes
I have only test fitted on the modular and capable oem bumpers, and works with both.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my understanding, the f150 raptor (not sure what gen) has the heat exchanger under the bell housing. I have not found a ford parts person, that is understanding enough or willing to do the research on there end to find part numbers. But if I was able to find the part numbers and and verify it was interchangeable, it could be a resolution installed by the dealer and the winch skid would work right now.
Paging @flip he seems pretty knowledgeable and may be willing to see if he can find the part numbers on his end.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really really like this design and idea. Before I pull the trigger on ordering, will this work with my very fancy and very expensive Harbor Freight badlands winch? Lol the one thing I'm wondering is how to get to the lever that locks and unlocks the line so I can pull it loose to hook up to a tow point as depicted below
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco Screenshot_20230122-202608

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really really like this design and idea. Before I pull the trigger on ordering, will this work with my very fancy and very expensive Harbor Freight badlands winch? Lol the one thing I'm wondering is how to get to the lever that locks and unlocks the line so I can pull it loose to hook up to a tow point as depicted below
It looks like you may be able to reach the lever from the side, seems there's a little bit of room there for either small hands or a tool or perhaps even a linkage to make it easier if you're feeling industrious. Otherwise, you can still power spool it out, it'll just take a bit longer...it's what I have to do with the Apex 12K and RC mount because there's no access to it. Warn makes a remote freespool which would be great for hidden winch designs that aren't accessible.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paging @flip he seems pretty knowledgeable and may be willing to see if he can find the part numbers on his end.
I didn't read the whole thing but pulled a diagram for a F150 with a cooler under the bellhousing.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco 1674483522207

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco 1674483568498

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't read the whole thing but pulled a diagram for a F150 with a cooler under the bellhousing.

Thats what I have talking about that my local dealer seemed not to be able to find!!!

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screenshot_20230122-202608.png
I saw a post on B6G a few months ago where someone removed the clutch lever and added a long threaded rod in its place that extended up under the hood. They reattached the lever on top the rod and added a simple bracket to keep it from wobbling around. It may be worth searching other threads? Though it was for a different hidden winch manufacturer.