Sponsored

Lobo Suspension with X-Travel Technology Revolutionizes Ford Bronco Off-Road Performance!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lobo Off-Road I can't believe you didn't post first. Mods are welcome to make them the OP.

Questions:
With apparently no steering feedback is this road legal/safe?
Where did this design come from? Is it used on racing trucks now?
Why couldn't you have stuck a GoPro under the front so we could see it in action?

Audio tip: When you shoot the videos in the shop be sure to have wireless mics. We want to hear all the details super clearly. :)

Updated:

https://lobooffroad.com/product/x-travel-fox-race-3-0-bronco-front-suspension-system/

With shocks they are in the $15k range, front only.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

@Lobo Off-Road I can't believe you didn't post first. Mods are welcome to make them the OP.

Questions:
With apparently no steering feedback is this road legal/safe?
Where did this design come from? Is it used on racing trucks now?
Why couldn't you have stuck a GoPro under the front so we could see it in action?

Audio tip: When you shoot the videos in the shop be sure to have wireless mics. We want to hear all the details super clearly. :)
The forum launch was supposed to be on Tuesday🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The forum launch was supposed to be on Tuesday🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Last Tuesday? Next Tuesday? YouTube came out today, did you really think it was not going to find it's way over here?

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last Tuesday? Next Tuesday? YouTube came out today, did you really think it was not going to find it's way over here?
I will be starting a forum on this coming Tuesday, with the videos as well as information on the kit.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea I’ve been watching the journey closely on this kit for awhile. I was surprised when I realized that Lobo was a part of the end product, that was unexpected. (Not in a good or bad way, just surprising)

Double the fail points but apparently they are using HD ball joints so I’m curious if that’s a moot factor due to added strength.

I too am curious about the true benefits vs drawbacks from an outsiders perspective with some knowledge in engineering and off-roading. Not that I don’t trust the makers but I’d like some other perspectives as well due to how different and new this is

The sticker shock was real for me when seeing it posted on Lobo’s website…

In my opinion, this combined with the Rock Krawler triangulated rear end would be a very smooth, flowing system through the whoops.

And yes, they need to work on their filming, technical talk and microphone usage. Especially if they are trying to sell me a product that starts out at $11,000 and doesn’t address the rear so end price would be even more.
Another thing that confused me was that their guys that are helping them market it told me this was a 3.5” extra track width on each side (totaling 7” total width added). However on their site it says 4”… is this 4” extra width per side or total? If it’s total I like that a lot more as a 2” kit is exactly what I’m looking for.

Very intrigued though and will continue to watch

edit: just saw that lobo will be releasing more info later which will probably make all my talking points moot as I’m sure they will be addressed. Cheers! Looking forward to Tuesday.

edit to the edit: Does the steering wheel return to center still with the changes y’all added? In the videos I’ve watched it doesn’t appear to

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be starting a forum on this coming Tuesday, with the videos as well as information on the kit.
That's an interesting marketing plan. Release the videos on Saturday and hope no one sees them until Tuesday.

Anyways... since we're all here... let's consider this a teaser. :LOL:

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's an interesting marketing plan. Release the videos on Saturday and hope no one sees them until Tuesday.

Yeah, I understand you thinking that. Being a sponsor on this forum, doesn't allow me to do certain things or allow my post to be featured in certain areas ( they will just be moved to the Sponsors- lobo category) But now there will be our featured product next week, in our section as well as this thread in the suspension category. Did our strategy really not work :LOL::LOL::LOL:
All joking aside, the reason above is why I was not posting over the weekend. With how the sponsored post are categorized, it is very easy to be overlooked.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I understand you thinking that. Being a sponsor on this forum, doesn't allow me to do certain things or allow my post to be featured in certain areas ( they will just be moved to the Sponsors- lobo category) But now there will be our featured product next week, in our section as well as this thread in the suspension category. Did our strategy really not work :LOL::LOL::LOL:
All joking aside, the reason above is why I was not posting over the weekend. With how the sponsored post are categorized, it is very easy to be overlooked.
Feel free to send me a sticker for the free pub. :cool: :p

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im sure they just wanted everything setup and finalized on their end before going to the forums. Makes sense.
Their other marketing strategy is also good, they tag all the Bronco owners on IG in all their posts to make us look and hopefully share;) At first I thought they were interested in what I thought before realizing they were tagging eeevvveryone. Good strategy for sure and it worked! All the micro influencers got excited and thought they were being noticed and started resharing. Not hating, it worked!

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, looks really impressive, I've never seen anything like it. Its a little out of my price range but if I come across some extra coin, I'll be getting it. I still think you hit a home run with this. I'll be watching you guys from now on. Also the stainless steel over head storage in your bronco, is that a product of yours. Very interested in that too.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow that's some crazy engineering. Kind of surprised not to see this first from a SxS OEM.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love the fact that it's something COMPLETELY new and original!!!

However, for the money the wheel travel is VERY minimal, especially with being 4 in over width on each side. My concern would be for the strength of the upper control arms Bolt? It is marginally strong enough in the factory OEM and it's definitely weak when longer UCAs are added.

I'm curious about the steering stops? Where are they and how do they work? Without them the system will bind?

Another concern is the CV plunge has now changed because the CV is not in the Centerline of the knuckle pivot any longer. This is bad for the CV because the CV now makes the scrub, or arc, that the tire used to make OEM. To alleviate this problem the CVs actually need to be a "center board " style where the CV is closer to the inside of the hub.

https://gearone-manufacturing.myshopify.com/products/934-center-board-super-greaser

Be sure to patent this as someone like Bronco Buster will surely copy it!

In summary, I think that the design is a good one and has potential for improvements, and price reductions, in the above listed areas that could make for a very good future alternative Well Done!

Last edited:

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love the fact that it's something COMPLETELY new and original!!!

However, for the money the wheel travel is VERY minimal, especially with being 4 in over width on each side. My concern would be for the strength of the upper control arms Bolt? It is marginally strong enough in the factory OEM and it's definitely weak when longer UCAs are added.

I'm curious about the steering stops? Where are they and how do they work? Without them the system will bind?

Another concern is the CV plunge has now changed because the CV is not in the Centerline of the knuckle pivot any longer. This is bad for the CV because the CV now makes the scrub, or arc, that the tire used to make OEM. To alleviate this problem the CVs actually need to be a "center board " style where the CV is closer to the inside of the hub.

https://gearone-manufacturing.myshopify.com/products/934-center-board-super-greaser

Be sure to patent this as someone like Bronco Buster will surely copy it!

In summary, I think that the design is a good one and has potential for improvements, and price reductions, in the above listed areas that could make for a very good future alternative Well Done!

I believe in the video, they mention that XTravel Technology does have a patent on the X-Travel suspension.