First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
For 10 mm? What a reason to make that choice! The extra 10mm bump stop can be removed folks.
Update: I switched and got Squatch! Finally came around to the big tire look and capability. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me the must have lockers and heavier front axle make Sasquatch a no brainer...if I need more lift/travel, I think suspension/tires can be added cheaper than the axle and lockers.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe the suspension travel, ergo the wheel travel on a Badlands is 9.45 inches on the front axle and 10.25 for the rear axle.

Base is 7.88 inches front and rear is 8.46 inches.

Sasquatch package travel is 9.05 inches for the front axle and 9.88 inches for the rear axel.

I think, repeat THINK the disconnect in the Badlands provides an additional 4.3 inches of suspension travel and creates and RTI of 700, but don't quote me on that. I've heard 550 or 560 with the bar engaged and a calculated gain of 140. But, take this last paragraph with a grain of salt, it's been a hot minute since I got that info.

Edit: Whoops, 4 and 7 are next to each other on the number pad. Fixed that. Haha, how awesome would THAT be if it were the case. Carry on.
Hereā€™s my estimate from earlier today:

Late to the party, and somebody probably already said this, but most articulation is a two door badlands non-Squatch.

Squatch does add increased articulation over any non-badlands suspension because the shocks are longer. Squatch does not add the disconnect: only badlands (and FE) does.
As Squatched two door badlands supposedly takes out 10mm (or was it 20mm?) of articulation. Which isnā€™t much.

There was a YouTube test for Ramp indexes (two door) a while back:
522 Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
648 Sasquatch badlands disconnected
700 non-Squatch badlands disconnected

Reversing the calculations based on the two door wheelbase of 100.4ā€ yields the following ramp height differences:
17.9ā€ Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
22.3ā€ Sasquatch badlands disconnected
24.0ā€ non-Squatch badlands disconnected

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The strongest axle and lower ratio will cost HUGE if you don't buy it from Ford to start with .
Basesquash all the way Yo.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 10 mm? What a reason to make that choice! The extra 10mm bump stop can be removed folks.

I upgraded my Black Diamond with the Badlands coilovers for the increased range of travel. I really didn't care about the lift. I suppose you could swap out the bumpstops from Squatch to Badlands if they are in fact 10mm shorter, but it will require removing all the coilovers and disassembly/reassembly. Lot of work most people aren't going to go through for the difference in travel.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I upgraded my Black Diamond with the Badlands coilovers for the increased range of travel. I really didn't care about the lift. I suppose you could swap out the bumpstops from Squatch to Badlands if they are in fact 10mm shorter, but it will require removing all the coilovers and disassembly/reassembly. Lot of work most people aren't going to go through for the difference in travel.
Mabey, some of the lift kits available actually require you to disassemble the shocks to install their spacer, puck, or collar.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - there are two unending debates in my mind as a wait for my order to get scheduled:

1) Squatch or Non-Squatch Badlands:
Pros:
With a 2.7L Auto, the 4.7 gearing and the +35 wheels are worth the Squatch price.​
My experience is Squatch rides a little nicer than Badlands too.​
Cons:
I'd prefer lighter +30-35 wheels and different tires (for about the same weight)​
Non-Squatch Badlands articulates more​
Jeep's lowest stock ratio is 4.10, a 4.46 is probably good enough​
35s look a little big on a two door. 33s or 34s are about perfect proportionally​
$2495 towards wheels​
According to the EPA, gas mileage is the same 17mpg, I am guessing real world it will be better non-Squatch​

2) Mod bumper vs future winch ready non-camera and parking sensor blocking bumper
Pros:
I like the look of the mod bumper / powder coated steel bumper is not my thing​
Someone could come out with a camera relocation winch kit​
Cons:
The Ford winch kit is ridiculously expensive on top of a bumper upgrade​
Only current winch solution blocks two parking sensors and the front camera​
Fog lights / integrated switch are nice to have​
RC hidden winch is out (due to 2.7L/Mod Bumper)​
So need a viable solution​
Saves $575 + tax towards future bumper​

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve been toying with doing the same thing on my 2 door Black Diamond. Did you have to get new coils too or just the shocks? What about the rear track bar? Did the extra height (.67ā€) noticibly shift the axle towards the left?

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah - there are two unending debates in my mind as a wait for my order to get scheduled:

1) Squatch or Non-Squatch Badlands:
Pros:
With a 2.7L Auto, the 4.7 gearing and the +35 wheels are worth the Squatch price.​
My experience is Squatch rides a little nicer than Badlands too.​
Cons:
I'd prefer lighter +30-35 wheels and different tires (for about the same weight)​
Non-Squatch Badlands articulates more​
Jeep's lowest stock ratio is 4.10, a 4.46 is probably good enough​
35s look a little big on a two door. 33s or 34s are about perfect proportionally​
$2495 towards wheels​
According to the EPA, gas mileage is the same 17mpg, I am guessing real world it will be better non-Squatch​

2) Mod bumper vs future winch ready non-camera and parking sensor blocking bumper
Pros:
I like the look of the mod bumper / powder coated steel bumper is not my thing​
Someone could come out with a camera relocation winch kit​
Cons:
The Ford winch kit is ridiculously expensive on top of a bumper upgrade​
Only current winch solution blocks two parking sensors and the front camera​
Fog lights / integrated switch are nice to have​
RC hidden winch is out (due to 2.7L/Mod Bumper)​
So need a viable solution​
Saves $575 + tax towards future bumper​
I STILL totally believe the transmission cooler can be relocated to under the hood in our 2.7's. I want the hidden winch solution too. I know it can be done. I'm working on it too.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone have a solid, factual answer as to how & where "suspension travel" is measured? Is it at the tire centerline, the lower ball joint, or ?? Is it from full extension (tire off the ground) to full compression (component hitting the bump stops)?
I use tire center line

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been toying with doing the same thing on my 2 door Black Diamond. Did you have to get new coils too or just the shocks? What about the rear track bar? Did the extra height (.67ā€) noticibly shift the axle towards the left?
No problem on the track bar, but I did replace rear trailing arms at the same time. Coilovers are a matched set of springs and shocks. $1300 for all four is an amazing upgrade over the Hitachi coilovers and an easy DIY project.

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No problem on the track bar, but I did replace rear trailing arms at the same time. Coilovers are a matched set of springs and shocks. $1300 for all four is an amazing upgrade over the Hitachi coilovers and an easy DIY project.
I thought so with the coils. Thanks for confirming it. Did you need to replace the rear arms or was it to upgrade them. Curious as to why. Thanks.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe the suspension travel, ergo the wheel travel on a Badlands is 9.45 inches on the front axle and 10.25 for the rear axle.

Base is 7.88 inches front and rear is 8.46 inches.

Sasquatch package travel is 9.05 inches for the front axle and 9.88 inches for the rear axel.

I think, repeat THINK the disconnect in the Badlands provides an additional 4.3 inches of suspension travel and creates and RTI of 700, but don't quote me on that. I've heard 550 or 560 with the bar engaged and a calculated gain of 140. But, take this last paragraph with a grain of salt, it's been a hot minute since I got that info.

Edit: Whoops, 4 and 7 are next to each other on the number pad. Fixed that. Haha, how awesome would THAT be if it were the case. Carry on.
So the First Edition and Badlands have the same shocks and wheel travel! Not that it matters.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought so with the coils. Thanks for confirming it. Did you need to replace the rear arms or was it to upgrade them. Curious as to why. Thanks.
I replaced the stomach with Camburg uniball arms. Didnā€™t need to, but figured while I was upgrading I might as well. Not sure how much if any articulation I gained.
Sponsored