First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35s fine, mabey with good driving skills, but 37s? NO WAY. Just last weekend I went up in deep snow past everyone else. The last jeep I passed was a Rbicon on 35s. He said” you better not try to go any further, I can't make it and I'm locked up with 35s”

I laughed and pressed on a few miles further while watching him disappear in the rear view mirror. Deep snow and 33s don't do well on a 5000lbs + rig I don't care how good of a driver you are.
I agree. But your Bronco is not stock.
Ok whatever, you probably think your 33s will keep up with 37s too, it's OK. You can believe whatever phalicy you want. Its physics, geometry and math...kinda like facts
I'm guessing you don't think 35s or 37s on YOUR bronco would get you any further in sand or deep snow?
Your not listening bigmeats! I am saying a stock Badlands on 33's will go anywhere a stock Badlands/squatched on 35's will go! Of course a Bronco on 37's will go many places a Bronco on 33's can't go. But to get 37's you have to modify the suspension. So, it is no longer stock!
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That has no bearing on what I am saying. I am saying, my stock Badlands will go anywhere a Squatched Bronco can go. Stock vehicle on 33's vs. a stock vehicle on 35's.
That's not even close to being true. You can tell yourself that all you want, but the limit of like vehicles with different size tires is different. The limits of the same vehicle with a bigger tire is greater than the same vehicle with smaller tires, period. so you can't say "anywhere"...that's not true, at all. Same driver, same course, there will be some places that the vehicle with 35s will go past that the vehicle with 33s will not if you are at a trail that is at the limit of capability. If you don't agree with that, no one can help you, it is just a fact. Adding an inch and a half of clearance on the sprung parts alone (inch for the tires, another half inch for the lift), and an inch for the unsprung parts means there are places where the lower truck gets stuck that the higher truck does not. Then there are traction differences too with a bigger contact patch on an aired down 35 compared to an aired down 33...again, the bigger patch has a higher limit in many places than the lower patch.

Can you effectively go most everywhere someone will actually go? Sure. Go "anywhere"? No; the limits are substantively different, so anywhere is incorrect.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you effectively go most everywhere someone will actually go? Sure. Go "anywhere"? No; the limits are substantively different, so anywhere is incorrect.
This is the point I am trying to make. Practically speaking, all things being equal, including driver ability, I can go 99% of the places with my 33's as you can with 35's. Are there specific instances where you can go I can't? Sure. Am I going drag skids in places you might not? Sure!
Edit: So I stand corrected, yes you're right, I can't go anywhere!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for the non-biased answer. Honestly, I'm waiting on my wheels to show up then putting the entire set on at once. I don't do a lot of wheeling, but I have noticed that one of the biggest differences between the Wrangler (which my wife has) and the Bronco (what I have) is articulation. On the Wrangler a 2-inch spacer lift with 40's is more than enough for the stock everything. Heavy angles will produce rub against the fender flares with that, but the Bronco if wheeled like the Wrangler needs a much more aggressive lift for that kind of articulation, due in part that the fenders are quite a bit taller than the Wranglers. Just perspective on my part.
dedicated trail rig running 42's is completely understandable, and yes the sasquatch does have a little bit more articulation (sway bar disconnect) but it's not a whole lot unless you disconnect. Almost 80% of the people that have these will never wheel them lets be honest. The aforementioned mall crawler, pavement princess, or whatever anyone calls it.
Late to the party, and somebody probably already said this, but most articulation is a two door badlands non-Squatch.

Squatch does add increased articulation over any non-badlands suspension because the shocks are longer. Squatch does not add the disconnect: only badlands (and FE) does.
As Squatched two door badlands supposedly takes out 10mm (or was it 20mm?) of articulation. Which isn’t much.

There was a YouTube test for Ramp indexes (two door) a while back:
522 Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
648 Sasquatch badlands disconnected
700 non-Squatch badlands disconnected

Reversing the calculations based on the two door wheelbase of 100.4” yields the following ramp height differences:
17.9” Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
22.3” Sasquatch badlands disconnected
24.0” non-Squatch badlands disconnected

Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will agree that the Bronco is capable at keeping up with a Wrangler, I have both. I'm literally just asking for honest opinions as to why people are deciding on going bigger than most people actually need too.
Ill be upgrading to 35s for off-roading and also looks but also to go over these bad pot holes we have all over town they "work on" but end up worst every year lol, down road will do 37s but starting off with 35s. when I upgraded my truck from the standard 32s to 35s the road was a lot less bumpy through a lot of the pot holes and didnt feel some that I had felt before. So there is a pro for on use for bigger tires ;D

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Late to the party, and somebody probably already said this, but most articulation is a two door badlands non-Squatch.

Squatch does add increased articulation over any non-badlands suspension because the shocks are longer. Squatch does not add the disconnect: only badlands (and FE) does.
As Squatched two door badlands supposedly takes out 10mm (or was it 20mm?) of articulation. Which isn’t much.

There was a YouTube test for Ramp indexes (two door) a while back:
522 Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
648 Sasquatch badlands disconnected
700 non-Squatch badlands disconnected

Reversing the calculations based on the two door wheelbase of 100.4” yields the following ramp height differences:
17.9” Sasquatch non-badlands or with sta-bar connected
22.3” Sasquatch badlands disconnected
24.0” non-Squatch badlands disconnected
Why are you using facts, that's not fair, LOL.

This exactly the reason why I didn't order the Sasquatch suspension for my OBX and instead opted for the Badlands non-sasquatch suspension components. It has more suspension travel with the Badlands non-sasquatch suspension than with any other combination of stock parts as far as I am aware (provided that I manually disconnect the sway bar).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This exactly the reason why I didn't order the Sasquatch suspension for my OBX and instead opted for the Badlands non-sasquatch suspension components. It has more suspension travel with the Badlands non-sasquatch suspension than with any other combination of stock parts as far as I am aware (provided that I manually disconnect the sway bar).
Here is the automated disconnect you can pickup.

Milwaukee-M18-Mid-Torque-Impact-Wrench-06.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, that's why I went that way as well. Next week I'll be running the trails with no swaybar at all. 4 bolts, 2 nuts, takes 5 minutes to completely remove.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree. But your Bronco is not stock.
Your not listening bigmeats! I am saying a stock Badlands on 33's will go anywhere a stock Badlands/squatched on 35's will go! Of course a Bronco on 37's will go many places a Bronco on 33's can't go. But to get 37's you have to modify the suspension. So, it is no longer stock!
A 1” leveling kit. (to fit 37s) is hardly a suspension modification...not even worth mentioning in my mind...and a the crash bars I trimmed don't have anything to do with the suspension or articulation.

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m just pointing out that people are irrational at times . Things don’t have to make sense. I’m opting for the Sasquatch package….pure pavement princess that might see the beach or paths that a Subaru could tackle.
Well, I will reiterate what others have said ..these tires (SAS) had to be engineered to pick up every piece of gravel 1/2-3/4 inch.....then fling them violently into the wheel well. So I may go 37" because I like the look and can select better tread pattern. Possible 2" lift to keep stuff proportional.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I will reiterate what others have said ..these tires (SAS) had to be engineered to pick up every piece of gravel 1/2-3/4 inch.....then fling them violently into the wheel well. So I may go 37" because I like the look and can select better tread pattern. Possible 2" lift to keep stuff proportional.
That’s not rational, it’s an excuse to go bigger. I support this.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My reasoning:
1. The 35” squach is under warranty.
2. Big bulls and bucks are high up the big hills, with big ruts and big roots and rocks. I like clearance
3. I like a bigger tire (and I don’t like lifts)

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That has no bearing on what I am saying. I am saying, my stock Badlands will go anywhere a Squatched Bronco can go. Stock vehicle on 33's vs. a stock vehicle on 35's.
Simply. Not. True. Not cleanly, at least.

Even at the Moab Off-Roadeo, the non-Sas Broncos were rubbing more due to a bit less clearance than the SAS trucks. I actually was driving a non-Sas Badlands, and following a standard BL. I definitely rubbed where the one in front of me did not. We both made it, so maybe actually you could go pretty much the same trails, but my experience is the Sas Bronco will make it with less scraping.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We both made it, so maybe actually you could go pretty much the same trails
So, maybe it is true? My experience at Off-Rodeo was the same. Stock Badlands scraped occasionally vs Squatched. But it still cleared the obstacle!
Edit: In my experience when out on the trails, there have been vehicles of all types from mild to wild, all enjoying the same trails. Some may have to be a little more picky when choosing their lines and some may scrape, but still having a blast!
Sponsored

Last edited: