Sponsored

Looking for input....no reservation yet..

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be stock models at dealers, they won't only build pre reserved trucks

Ford is going to build dealer stock and reserved trucks at the same time.
So you believe that Ford is straight up lying about building all December reservations first? That is some straight up hard core cynicism there. I hope you are dead wrong. Time will tell. Glad itā€™s only one refundable bill to find out.
Sponsored

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There will be stock models at dealers, they won't only build pre reserved trucks

Thatā€™s the opposite of what the website, Ford, my dealership, and Granger Ford say. You must have some Insane insider knowledge:ROFLMAO:

To OP, Iā€™d honestly wait at this point. Youā€™re going to be waiting regardless, there may be a chance to scoop up a unit that someone backs out or quicker than receiving a build.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would recommend that you wait. I put up the 100 and regret it now that the timelines are slipping. Starting to feel like a scam.
I don't think Ford went through all this to beat someone out of $100. Besides one call to customer service and your $100 is refunded. Better yet switch dealers and your $100 is refunded. ? lol

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

People who put $100 down are going to flip when some of them get their truck after someone else that just cruised by the dealer
This is why I literally do not believe anything on a forum. People can just type what they want...without any regard for the facts. Good grief.

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Havenā€™t made a reservation yet. Wife wants to wait until we can put eyes on one for ourselves here in TX. My impatient ass wouldā€™ve put the hundy down 3 weeks ago, but she wants to wait. So Iā€™m respecting that. Iā€™m kinda glad we havenā€™t yet given all the drama around the timeline steps for purchase (Oct dealer deadline, then build and price AFTER), so we still wait. Donā€™t need a new vehicle, and my daily driver is almost paid off. No other debt, so this is a fun ā€œwe bust our asses and deserve somethingā€ vehicle. So should we still wait, or should I finally try to get on the list? No real hurry, Iā€™m just an impulse buyer, and she isnā€™t lol.

I had a similar situation with my GF. What I did was the following...

1. Sit down and show her the $100 deposit and how it is fully refundable and how it reserves your place in line.

2. Then explain that it's important to reserve your place in line as you could be waiting quite a while for your vehicle.

3. Show her the reservation numbers and the recent statement from Ford about some orders extending into 2022.

4. Point out that the vehicle hasn't even been on "Reserve" for a month yet and that numbers will only continue to go up.

5. Explain that reserving early allows you to change your vehicle configuration before you actually order.

6. Show her the statement from Ford showing you can change your dealer up until October 31st. This gives you time to shop around and find the dealer with the best deal.

7. Smile and tell her that you guys are a team and that at any point she can ask to have the deposit refunded if she gets cold feet.

8. Rub her feet and buy her flowers on the same day you explain steps 1-7. :LOL:

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can spare the $100, place a reservation. You will be into 2022 calendar year for delivery and the wife will have seen them on the road and had time to tell you she is glad you reserved one.

Do what Dirty Bronco says, and if that fails:

Step 9. Look at your feet, raise your hands and say Yes Dear.

Last edited:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much does a pair of shoes cost? How about getting her hair done? How about a new purse? $100 is nothing compared to the things that make her happy. Not saying you have to go to war with your wife - but something need to be put in perspective.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You must be new here.... 100% wrong. Only way a dealer will have one on the lot is if someone that has reserved and configured backs out when it arrives. Some people just don't understand that this new process is not the same as it has been historically.

I had a similar situation with my GF. What I did was the following...

1. Sit down and show her the $100 deposit and how it is fully refundable and how it reserves your place in line.

2. Then explain that it's important to reserve your place in line as you could be waiting quite a while for you vehicle.

3. Show her the reservation numbers and the recent statement from Ford about some orders extending into 2022.

4. Point out that the vehicle hasn't even been on "Reserve" for a month yet and that numbers will only continue to go up.

5. Explain that reserving early allows you to change your vehicle configuration before you actually order.

6. Show her the statement from Ford showing you can change your dealer up until October 31st. This gives you time to shop around and find the dealer with the best deal.

7. Smile and tell her that you guys are a team and that at any point she can ask to have the deposit refunded if she gets cold feet.

8. Rub her feet and buy her flowers on the same day you explain steps 1-7. :LOL:

Best of luck!
Man... I'm so glad to be single sometimes!
Release video comes out with reservations open:
1: Go to reservation site.
2: Click Reserve
3: "Sweet, I'm on the list! Hey friends, check out this screenshot of my new Bronco reservation!"

Area51

Big Bend
First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is why I literally do not believe anything on a forum. People can just type what they want...without any regard for the facts. Good grief.
Same brother. Same.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy spouse, happy house.

Do as she says. Vehicles will come and go but a mate should be forever.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People who put $100 down are going to flip when some of them get their truck after someone else that just cruised by the dealer

People will say you have nothing to lose by making a reservation but the truth is that you have very little to gain as well

You won't save money or time with a reservation, and dealers don't exactly have a stellar reputation, they may change the price or refuse to honor x plan later down the road knowing that if you've waited a year you'll just suck it up and pay the extra..... They're not in the repeat customer business
Nothing in this statement is at all true.

Why are you trying to start another firestorm in the Forum?

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think Ford went through all this to beat someone out of $100. Besides one call to customer service and your $100 is refunded. Better yet switch dealers and your $100 is refunded. ? lol
yea, it's just a hundred bucks from me, but collectively they've taken in about 15 million from us. Don't you think they owe us just a little honesty? Is that really too much to ask?

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta agree with this, Ford isn't running a Kickstarter campaign for the Bronco.
Edit: even though their updates sure seem like it ?.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could what I did, and just the $100, and not tell her. I figured I have 4 months to break it to her, if at all, at order time.

Since I won't actually see the truck for a year, there's plenty of time.

Interestingly, she saw a commercial (not sure if it was TV or online), and she said, when those come out next year, it looks like a vehicle I might want to look into.

See how easy that is?

Havenā€™t made a reservation yet. Wife wants to wait until we can put eyes on one for ourselves here in TX. My impatient ass wouldā€™ve put the hundy down 3 weeks ago, but she wants to wait. So Iā€™m respecting that. Iā€™m kinda glad we havenā€™t yet given all the drama around the timeline steps for purchase (Oct dealer deadline, then build and price AFTER), so we still wait. Donā€™t need a new vehicle, and my daily driver is almost paid off. No other debt, so this is a fun ā€œwe bust our asses and deserve somethingā€ vehicle. So should we still wait, or should I finally try to get on the list? No real hurry, Iā€™m just an impulse buyer, and she isnā€™t lol.
Sponsored