Sponsored

Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week!

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Naw, will check out tho…saw a few other Bronco Youtubers review the Ultimate 9
Yeah, the guy that owns, I believe, Ultimate9 goes out with them a lot. It's awesome what that little controller can do.

Sweet episode and he's with them on this one...
Sponsored

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mad Max 2 system... On the serious side starter kill is reasonable for what I think you want to do. The fuel/ignition system wiring introduces a point of failure that could be bad while cruising down the road.
Ford Bronco Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week! screen-shot-2015-05-29-at-7-56-11-pm

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Move from California , cops do not do what they should to protect people there and the government is basically against the cops to do the job they should. Of course , take a course in firearms , that helps if you can catch them in the act. Shoot the tires , they wont go far. Install a kill switch on the starter inline with the hot side , in between its connection to the battery and starter , hide the switch under the dash. Make sure you use a high amperage breaker for this and heavy duty wire. If the starter can not get electricity , the engine will not turn over.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ebackwardse1

ebackwardse1

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Broptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's really unbelievable to me how much hate there is in this forum. For the people talking about how terrible California is who have never set foot here - I moved here 20 years ago from Michigan (where I grew up) and my family is very happy here. It's not because we dislike Michigan. We visit friends there every summer and it's one of my favorite places on Earth. I know dozens of people from Michigan, Utah, Idaho, etc who feel the same way about living in Southern California due to weather, opportunity, mountains/desert/surf possibilities, etc.

None of us sit around and make up hypotheticals about how terrible Michigan/Utah/Idaho/etc are. From my house I have a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. This is something my wife and I never dreamed we would have and feel extremely lucky for.

Does it have a downside? Of course. The politics and lack of governmental support for first responders is shameful. But if you all think that it's only happening here, just go ahead and keep your heads in the sand.

I am very well armed, but that doesn't seem like a great solution considering I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old in the house.

For those talking about keeping a $100k vehicle rotting in the sun because of $3,500 worth of toys in the garage - wrong again. While I have plenty of dirt bikes, there is still room for two vehicles but it's a height issue. My garage door height is one inch lower than the Braptor, so I think that's my best option to attack. Also, because I live in Southern California, I get to keep the tops off for most of the year and it's covered with the awesome Brocover that I found on this forum!

I've been lucky to visit almost every state in the US and much of the rest of the world and I've always tried to find the positive in everywhere I go. I certainly would never spout off terrible things about a place I've never been to or a place I used to live.

It's just unbelievable to me how much satisfaction people find these days in telling others how terrible their life decisions are over the Internet. Really disappointed to see it in a place that's usually as great as this.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know if the basic keyfob is constantly emitting a signal also? My bronco doesn't have keyless entry, and doesn't have a remote start due to it being a manual transmission.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's really unbelievable to me how much hate there is in this forum. For the people talking about how terrible California is who have never set foot here - I moved here 20 years ago from Michigan (where I grew up) and my family is very happy here. It's not because we dislike Michigan. We visit friends there every summer and it's one of my favorite places on Earth. I know dozens of people from Michigan, Utah, Idaho, etc who feel the same way about living in Southern California due to weather, opportunity, mountains/desert/surf possibilities, etc.

None of us sit around and make up hypotheticals about how terrible Michigan/Utah/Idaho/etc are. From my house I have a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. This is something my wife and I never dreamed we would have and feel extremely lucky for.

Does it have a downside? Of course. The politics and lack of governmental support for first responders is shameful. But if you all think that it's only happening here, just go ahead and keep your heads in the sand.

I am very well armed, but that doesn't seem like a great solution considering I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old in the house.

For those talking about keeping a $100k vehicle rotting in the sun because of $3,500 worth of toys in the garage - wrong again. While I have plenty of dirt bikes, there is still room for two vehicles but it's a height issue. My garage door height is one inch lower than the Braptor, so I think that's my best option to attack. Also, because I live in Southern California, I get to keep the tops off for most of the year and it's covered with the awesome Brocover that I found on this forum!

I've been lucky to visit almost every state in the US and much of the rest of the world and I've always tried to find the positive in everywhere I go. I certainly would never spout off terrible things about a place I've never been to or a place I used to live.

It's just unbelievable to me how much satisfaction people find these days in telling others how terrible their life decisions are over the Internet. Really disappointed to see it in a place that's usually as great as this.
"From my house I have a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island."

No offense but it seems like you've got some bank? That can insulate one from some realities faced by others, maybe if I've got that setup I'm thinking how great things are what are people complaining about? :)

For the record I'm with you on the weather and outdoor options in parts of California. I enjoyed several visits to the state, even though I got accosted one time around San Fran by baseball bat carrying thugs, and the gas station attendant behind bullet proof glass refused to call the police, that was a "fun" experience.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for kill switch (or other) recommendations for my Bronco as two Ram TRX's have been stolen (one just a couple of blocks from me) in the last week! Screenshots from NextDoor below. Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco Looking for kill switch. Two Ram TRX's stolen in my neighborhood in the last week! screen-shot-2015-05-29-at-7-56-11-pm

You are fine, not even on the TRX level.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"From my house I have a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island."

No offense but it seems like you've got some bank? That can insulate one from some realities faced by others, maybe if I've got that setup I'm thinking how great things are what are people complaining about? :)

For the record I'm with you on the weather and outdoor options in parts of California. I enjoyed several visits to the state, even though I got accosted one time around San Fran by baseball bat carrying thugs, and the gas station attendant behind bullet proof glass refused to call the police, that was a "fun" experience.
That is one of the nice things about California. You can make bank with regular jobs. Firefighters and cops make $200k plus. Because of scheduling…many California firefighters are able to work in California and live in Idaho, Texas, South Carolina or similar. They dislike California…but love that California money! Then after retirement they get that sweet pension!

Here it is…they hate California…but love that California income, California pension and California healthcare.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the basic keyfob is constantly emitting a signal also? My bronco doesn't have keyless entry, and doesn't have a remote start due to it being a manual transmission.
manual transmission does not preclude keyless entry
(my badmansquatch has both!

a faraday bag is not a bad idea if this worries you
or you could leave the vehicle in 4L/crawler gear
then cover the GOAT selector wheel under a hat.

watch the thieves attempt to drive away at 1 mph!

OP
OP
ebackwardse1

ebackwardse1

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Broptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did get a faraday container for the FOB's to live in overnight. I'm also wondering what folks thoughts are on putting the vehicle in Valet Mode? Seems like at the very least it would not allow thieves the disable the Ford Pass app tracking, or am I missing something?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was going to say the “kill switch” is below the frame rails and in front of the grip, usually surrounded by a guard. Then I caught the “California” part…

In all seriousness though we had a floor mounted one in our police cars that was concealed from common view. Had to step on it with the left foot while the right was on the brake in order to put the car in gear. Won’t help if they’re using a wrecker but definitely stops those trying to drive away.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hey, sounds like anyone can afford to live in Dana Point with just a minimum wage job. ;)

That is one of the nice things about California. You can make bank with regular jobs. Firefighters and cops make $200k plus. Because of scheduling…many California firefighters are able to work in California and live in Idaho, Texas, South Carolina or similar. They dislike California…but love that California money! Then after retirement they get that sweet pension!
That is true... I know that my military retirement would not go far in California, but a California state pension would go a long way in Texas.

We are all trying to make the best outcome for ourselves. For some, that's living in California and for others it may even be a different country.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to find a way to use something like a Yubikey in the usb-c slot or some other physical token that would ”unlock” the car. They work like a charm for most login stuff and are incredibly secure. Pulling fuses or installing under dash switches seems like a reasonable approach, but someone determined enough will figure it out.
Sponsored