Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, I give up, need some help from the Bronco6G forum brain trust (flattery still works, right?). I'm trying to find a list or search tool for all 2021 Bronco TSBs. I thought I was reasonably proficient at internet searches (been doing them since Boolean logic and 'Gopher' was a thing - did I just give away my age? :cool: Raise your hand if you know what I'm talking about) but damned if I can find a publicly accessible searchable database, or even a static listing outside of the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) website. I also tried the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) but no luck. I did, to my great joy, locate a Boeing Service Bulletin database, in case my 737 develops a whistle at takeoff, or my Laser-Focused Battlefield Defense system starts shooting down my own missiles - handy.

The problem is the NHTSA listing (found only after stumbling on a vague NHTSA reference to "Manufacturer Communications" in relation to TSBs. Go figure.) is awkward and not user-friendly (again, go figure). They provide a list of 36 TSBs that essentially requires the user to make mutiple clicks per TSB to find out the content of each. Okay, time consuming and a PIA, but at least it's there. But as a natural skeptic of info from the internet (where the hell is my tin-foil hat...) I always try to back check net sources. For instance, I have zero faith in the NHTSA count of 36 TSBs, (again with the tin foil hat...) therefore, I'd like a second source to at least validate the NHTSA data.

So, is there anyone out there who, A. actually read this far (if so you really have too much time on your hands, but thank you!) and B. can offer any thoughts, suggestions, drugs? (Scratch that last, flashback...) Thank you for your time and help! (Edit - And I'm sorry if this post sounds a little disjointed or off-kilter... not sure if that's just my natural state or if I'm still in the throes of ecstasy at finally taking delivery of my 2021 Bronco - either way works for me...)
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try safercar.gov? I think though that might circle back to NHTSA

OP
OP
Lazarus327

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Lazarus327

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe the want me to take off my tin foil hat...

Ford Bronco Looking for TSB Search Tool AAA1

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The safercar link has recalls, complaints as well

Ford Bronco Looking for TSB Search Tool 6548F7DD-5E28-4439-B9DD-515948C5F87F

OP
OP
Lazarus327

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you guys. I found the NHTSA site to be pretty effective at locating recalls, but the TSBs are under a different section, 'Manufacturer Communications'. That's the link I posted above.

As an aside, and yet another example of "Your Government at Work", clicking on the number of Manufacturer Communications (36) for any of the three listings on that page displays an image of a Bronco Sport, even the link for the 2DR! It appears they don't yet understand the difference between the Bronco and the Bronco Sport, hence another reason for my skepticism for using this site as a sole-source.

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you guys. I found the NHTSA site to be pretty effective at locating recalls, but the TSBs are under a different section, 'Manufacturer Communications'. That's the link I posted above.

As an aside, and yet another example of "Your Government at Work", clicking on the number of Manufacturer Communications (36) for any of the three listings on that page displays an image of a Bronco Sport, even the link for the 2DR! It appears they don't yet understand the difference between the Bronco and the Bronco Sport, hence another reason for my skepticism for using this site as a sole-source.
www.alldata.com normally has them listed by manufacturer and model, its a subscription service though. Our local libraries have free access, when you use their computers.....

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The NHTSA site used to redirect correctly to a 2dr and 4dr variant. At some point over the past couple of days, they changed the redirect URL (depending on how you get to it) for both to https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/BRONCO/SUV/4WD which gives you an error.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/BRONCO%25202DR/SUV/4WD#manufacturerCommunications used to provide the list of mfgr comms for the 2dr.

The 'Manufacturer Communications' section lists ALL messages from the manufacturer to the NHTSA, including but not limited to TSBs, and since the content of the messages could change, there could be multiple messages for a given item. So the 36 listed were comprehensive, including more than individual TSBs, and could appear to repeat. BTW, those mfgr comms had some great documents attached for them on how to make repairs, what to look for, etc. For example, for the MIC roof replacements, the was a PDF on what the dealers ACTUALLY had to do according to spec.

I was hoping to pull those items and create my own database, but can't find the URL to use to list them. From what I could tell back when it worked, it was pretty easy to pull all 36 at once, even though the page only displayed 10-12 at a time or whatever the pages were set at.

And yeah I'm old enough to remember gopher :) Exciting times moving on from BBSes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lazarus327

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The NHTSA site used to redirect correctly to a 2dr and 4dr variant. At some point over the past couple of days, they changed the redirect URL (depending on how you get to it) for both to https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/BRONCO/SUV/4WD which gives you an error.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/BRONCO%25202DR/SUV/4WD#manufacturerCommunications used to provide the list of mfgr comms for the 2dr.

The 'Manufacturer Communications' section lists ALL messages from the manufacturer to the NHTSA, including but not limited to TSBs, and since the content of the messages could change, there could be multiple messages for a given item. So the 36 listed were comprehensive, including more than individual TSBs, and could appear to repeat. BTW, those mfgr comms had some great documents attached for them on how to make repairs, what to look for, etc. For example, for the MIC roof replacements, the was a PDF on what the dealers ACTUALLY had to do according to spec.

I was hoping to pull those items and create my own database, but can't find the URL to use to list them. From what I could tell back when it worked, it was pretty easy to pull all 36 at once, even though the page only displayed 10-12 at a time or whatever the pages were set at.

And yeah I'm old enough to remember gopher :) Exciting times moving on from BBSes.
Thank you faziorf! Great info!

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you faziorf! Great info!
Just found this after playing with it some more:
https://api.nhtsa.gov/vehicles/byYm...rd&model=Bronco&modelYear=2021&detail=details

Will return everything (max=100 in the URL) on the NHTSA site so far for the two Bronco variants (2dr and 4dr) but I'm not sure they are being distinguished yet. Recalls, complaints and communications are all listed in the output including links to related docs.

Maybe it's a start for compiling some kind of list?
Sponsored