First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, I'm looking to add a small lift and bigger tires to my Big Bend, but I'd like to keep the stock wheels (I like them and don't care to spend money on aftermarket wheels). I think I'd be happy with 33" tires and a ~2" lift kit. The tires I keep seeing recommended at the BFG KO2's, but $350 a tire is more than I'd like to spend. The size I'm looking at right now is LT285/75R17, but I'm new to tire sizing and IDK if I'm making a mistake with this size or if I'm on the right path. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a lower budget (not necessarily bottom barrel, but just good value) A/T tire that looks decent and rides comfortably on the road without too much road noise? Might be asking a lot here, and if the KO2's are really the best option I guess I'll probably pull the trigger, I just wanted to do my research first and was hoping to get some help.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check out Kenda Klever

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, I'm looking to add a small lift and bigger tires to my Big Bend, but I'd like to keep the stock wheels (I like them and don't care to spend money on aftermarket wheels). I think I'd be happy with 33" tires and a ~2" lift kit. The tires I keep seeing recommended at the BFG KO2's, but $350 a tire is more than I'd like to spend. The size I'm looking at right now is LT285/75R17, but I'm new to tire sizing and IDK if I'm making a mistake with this size or if I'm on the right path. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a lower budget (not necessarily bottom barrel, but just good value) A/T tire that looks decent and rides comfortably on the road without too much road noise? Might be asking a lot here, and if the KO2's are really the best option I guess I'll probably pull the trigger, I just wanted to do my research first and was hoping to get some help.
Look at Falken and Toyo. The Wildpeak and Open Country tires have positive reviews and good capability. Might save you a few bucks without the sacrifice of performance.

Also are you specifically looking for a higher ply number in an LT tire? P rated will give you a comparable ride quality to what you have now. E Rated may be stiff for a daily driver.

Last edited:

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree - Cooper or General are probably the lowest price but still high quality tires. You might be able to save a few bucks with Falken as well. Don't cheap out with no-name tires.

OP
OP
andysaurus_rex

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tires is probably the one thing I have never looked for a budget option. I would always go for a quality brand
Yeah I usually don't either, but I've also never been looking at $1750 for a set either and that's a tough pill to swallow.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I usually don't either, but I've also never been looking at $1750 for a set either and that's a tough pill to swallow.
haha don't get me wrong I am in the same boat. I keep looking at new tires for mine and thinking to myself damn that's a lot of $. So I will probably just wait till the factory bridgestones wear out.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Might want to keep an eye out on the Market here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/wheels-tires-brakes.67/

Seen some good deals for BD takeoffs (32's vs you wanting 33's) and then some BL takeoffs with the KO2s in 33's. Might try FB Marketplace as well, someone might be selling off OEM's to your liking.

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nitto Terra Grapplers are a great mix of quality and pricing. My 33s were about $230 each.

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree on the Cooper. I put the 35 x 12.5 /20 Cooper Evolution MT on our Bronco and they are actually quieter on the road than the factory General Grabbers were. Have not had a chance to test them off road, but so far really happy with them.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Advanta ATX 750 I bought them locally at my nearby farm store. I have them on my Titan pick-up, and have been very happy with them. they are 10 ply though, if that is not a problem for you. They do fling a few rocks.

https://www.tiresandwheels.com/product.php?item_id=297694
Sponsored