Sponsored

Loyalty Poll

Does X-Plan not being available make you think twice about buying now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100%, and it adds to the list. Here's my list

-General distrust; flip-flopping (i dont need to get long winded here, as its been discussed 1000 times)
-No x plan = almost $2k lost on a loaded OBX
-This car will likely lease horribly...so I have to buy a brand new rushed model year 1....at MSRP
-No rear console vents (this will be my family hauler with toddlers/infants)
-Poor 4 door cargo area packaging. Seems to be a full foot shallower than my outback. We asked how many times for exact dimensions, but they ducked every time.
-No white top, difficulty getting body matched top (dual top only)
-No test drives or hands-on reviews at select regional dealers
-No tire upgrade. We need to spend $1,500 on new tires and sell basically brand new tires for cents on the dollar, when it would cost ford almost nothing to offer us tire options. This is incredibly annoying considering they could make more money and have a happy customer in the process.
-Lastly, i need a dedicated bulletpoint for Mike Levine. I hate the fact that I need to hit up Mike Levine on tweeter to ATTEMPT get some level of clarity. And his cryptic messages. I generally just do like how he is handling this, at all.

I am excluding the unknowns on delivery, dealer allocations etc, just because i cant totally fault them on trying to work through all of these reservations during COVID. But the above in my opinion, is easily avoidable.
Almost all of your issues would be non issues if you were cross shopping a vehicle that was already on sale. If you are not dedicated to the vehicle enough to Pre-Order it and you need more considerations before putting down your money, then maybe you should just wait until the first vehicles hit the dealership in about 8 months before you start to whine any more. You are obviously not a committed fan who has ever had enough passion to truly want a vehicle regardless of need. Preorder is just not for you my friend. Stay Frosty. you can see the Bronco when it launches in 8 months and maybe then you can make a decision.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are obviously not a committed fan who has ever had enough passion to truly want a vehicle regardless of need.
Do you have a family? This isnt a toy for everyone. This will be my family car, so yes, i have 'needs'. What a dumb comment.

This thread is about brand loyalty, not passion.

So far I have been dedicated, as I have an order the night of the reveal, and plan on putting 50% down on a $55k rig, so yeah, I am willing to show my loyalty, but due to the misteps above, are they on the brink of losing my loyalty on this purchase? Yes.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lately I don’t have much faith in ford
Canceling x-plan will hurt some, not me but some who are having issues finding a reputable dealer , I have a sneaking suspicion we are all going to be surprised at prices when the BP comes out

We are all under the impression that prices will be close to the survey prices and compatible to Jeep
Ford seems to be thinking they will cut a fat hog’s ass on this and I believe prices will be much higher than we all thought- just my feeling, I hope I’m wrong but ford hasn’t given me any warm fuzzy feeling that they are working with their customer base, they sure as shit aren’t communicating with us..

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes out of principle. There’s no reason other than greed that Xplan shouldn’t be offered on the Bronco. It’s not a limited production car like a Shelby or even a Raptor. Its a mass produced, and everywhere you look and sure to be a favorite rental car.

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes but only because of the wording of the message, not the money itself. They’re now treating the ENTIRE 21MY as if it’s some sort of limited edition. I’m sorry, I didn’t sign up for a First Edition, just a regular truck. They even compare it to Ford Performance vehicles like that makes any sense. It’s just abuse of their fan base while their bottom line isn’t doing great. Anything limited about the 21MY is because Ford genuinely screwed up the production timeline of this vehicle. Everything about this since reveal has been disappointing except for chatting on this forum.

Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm no longer in control of the sale
I disagree. On the bronco, if you don't order, they don't sell. It's not like a car on the lot that they can sell to the next shmuck. We still have the chips. They have to give you a deal that makes you want to order through them. If not, you walk and order elsewhere.

BordFronco

Black Diamond
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saving a grand isn’t that big a deal to me. It’s the inconsistency and poor communication that is turning me off not just to bronco but ford brand. Never owned a ford. This could be a way to attract new customers for ford not just for bronco but for future ford vehicles. this was just a terrible marketing job
Hit the nail on the head. Same boat for me. Like I said in another post, only way they get my $$ after this nonsense reveal is if their prices are reasonable. They got too cocky imo.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm loyal to the Bronco but Ford and Dealer network are greedy.

Greed kills Loyalty, simple as that.

$100 doc fee just went to $799
X-plan price just went to MSRP.

So yep, I'm seeing greed and nothing else from Ford and the Dealers.

Ordered the night of the reveal for a First Edition cause we wanted a Bronco and so far all we've gotten is shit on by delays, website issues, slow and misleading information and now a huge price change.

So once again, Greed kills Loyalty!!!

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. On the bronco, if you don't order, they don't sell. It's not like a car on the lot that they can sell to the next shmuck. We still have the chips. They have to give you a deal that makes you want to order through them. If not, you walk and order elsewhere.
You obviously have more available time than me.
I don't have the time to go walk and shop for a "good deal" from a slimy Ford dealer.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You obviously have more available time than me.
I don't have the time to go walk and shop for a "good deal" from a slimy Ford dealer.
Maybe. I walked into the dealer back in August. Spoke to the salesperson. Got my offer in writing and had management sign it. Have been emailing them since. Confirmed my offer was still good yesterday.

I spend more time on this forum and digging for new Bronco information than I did getting my pricing.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.

I consider myself an optimist and being Toyota loyal I was taking a huge leap of faith buying my first Ford.

This does not sit well with me. I now have to negotiate the price (which is not new to me) and I do see this partly as greed. But personally it brings back some old demons of being on a Ford dealer lot and being treated like crap. I can now understand some of the sentiment mentioned by others here how Ford does not communicate. This news should have at the very least been broadcasted no later than August 13th, a month after the release.

So, depending on the negotiation, it may turn South on a vehicle I was looking so forward to owning. I can only speculate at this point that ADM will be the flavor of the day at most dealers and I will not play that game.

Last edited:

GarageGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 Diesel Manual 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh, I’m still fine paying MSRP at my new dealer that’s still pretty local. It was actually the president of the dealership that responded to my questions directly, and he answered them in detail, which makes me feel like he cares about being a good dealer, not shady. So long as he holds to his word, I’ll be fine paying MSRP and not having to plan a trip elsewhere. X-plan would have just been a bonus to me. If my dealer goes back on his word, then I’ll probably end up looking at full size trucks elsewhere again.
Bought a new full size truck this week myself, canceled the Bronco, and will give my 1966 CJ6 the tlc it deserves. This was my wife's plan. She had enough of this craziness. Revisiting the Bronco later.

FTFRS

Bought a new full size truck this week myself, canceled the Bronco, and will give my 1966 CJ6 the tlc it deserves. This was my wife's plan. She had enough of this craziness. Revisiting the Bronco later.
Not a bad plan. My own personal plan didn't have me getting a new rig until next Fall anyways, so I'm not in a rush to make a decision. I like what I'm seeing in the Bronco, but if I'm not satisfied with the MY 2021 options/the deal I work out with my dealer before the January 31st order deadline, I'll be deciding on pushing back to a 2022 Bronco, or going with a Ford/Toyota/GM full-size truck next fall. Jeeps have crossed my mind, because you can get decent deals on them right now and they're the direct competitor to Bronco, but FCA vehicles are out of my consideration overall because I know from several coworkers that the local dealer is a piece of crap when it comes to service.

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model