Sponsored

Loyalty Poll

Does X-Plan not being available make you think twice about buying now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mop

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not voting because I was already 2nd thinking. I was looking for any reason not to follow through and if price gets marked up a lot local to me I won’t consider it at all. Bronco or swimming pool is my debate.
Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm loyal to the Bronco but Ford and Dealer network are greedy.

Greed kills Loyalty, simple as that.

$100 doc fee just went to $799
X-plan price just went to MSRP.

So yep, I'm seeing greed and nothing else from Ford and the Dealers.

Ordered the night of the reveal for a First Edition cause we wanted a Bronco and so far all we've gotten is shit on by delays, website issues, slow and misleading information and now a huge price change.

So once again, Greed kills Loyalty!!!
Welcome to Capitalism! Supply and demand! The demand is higher than the supply, so the price goes up. Now. if you want to move the country away from capitalism...we can have that conversation, but probably not the place for it here.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes but only because of the wording of the message, not the money itself. They’re now treating the ENTIRE 21MY as if it’s some sort of limited edition. I’m sorry, I didn’t sign up for a First Edition, just a regular truck. They even compare it to Ford Performance vehicles like that makes any sense. It’s just abuse of their fan base while their bottom line isn’t doing great. Anything limited about the 21MY is because Ford genuinely screwed up the production timeline of this vehicle. Everything about this since reveal has been disappointing except for chatting on this forum.
Once there were enough reservations to sell out the entire 1st model year....in essence the first year is entirely a limited edition. They are under no obligation to sell you the vehicle for the price you want on the terms you want. If enough reservations are not converted to orders, maybe things will change. But right now this is capitalism. Welcome to America!

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd take no offense. A Bronco, without X-plan, versus a Jeep. Not a fan of the FCA, although the Jeep has a following for a reason. Best off roader for the money

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope more of you jump ship. I need my squatch as soon as possible. The only mistake Ford has made is to include the consumer on all the preproduction processes. No one else does this for obvious reasons. Some folks seem pretty entitled and act like Ford owes them something. It’s a process. If it’s too much, buy something off the lot. If you’re not committed, wait. This is fun, not stressful. Enjoy it. If you can’t, move on, so I can move up.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m loyal to Ford, but not the Bronco. A new F-Series is my backup plan.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me in Canada,

The combination of no reservation change and no X-Plan leaves me in a spot with no leverage as a consumer whatsoever. On principle, I wont pay over MSRP over any vehicle. Depending on my dealerships (I have 2 reservations) I might have to pass on a 21YM.

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If adding somewhere between $300-$1500 onto your $30-$60,000 purchase is a deal-breaker, you were making a bad financial choice.

If you're upset because of the "poor communication" of this policy and you find it so distasteful that you're willing to cancel your order, you were merely looking for a reason to cancel.

If you argue that this is just another example of whatever it is that's making you upset (no white roof, no 2.7 with manual, no B&P in September, whatever), and that it represents the straw that broke the camel's back, etc., you had grossly unrealistic expectations and likely would've been disappointed with your purchase regardless.

If you were disillusioned enough to think that businesses wouldn't try to make as much money as possible out of each of us, every day, because you're special, well, you're not and they will.

For me---and this is somewhat ironic---the only bit which has moved the needle away from buying a Bronco even one iota has been the overwhelming bitching and whinging which emanates from this website. Weird, huh? It's just so tiresome and pointless. [Not speaking to anyone in particular] Is everything in your life as capricious as your feelings about Ford? OMG I LOVE THIS OMELETTE! IT'LL BE THE OMELETTE EVER! THANK YOU FORD'S DINER! Wait, they're charging $7.99? I thought it was $6.99? No? The text said $6.99. Well, yeah, that was two months ago. I don't care if there are people lined up around the corner waiting for an omelette, I was lied to and they don't respect me! WORST OMELETTE! WOULD NEVER BUY!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pity stare I get from someone who was too smart to pay a little more for a Bronco, as we're sitting at a stop light, me in my new Bronco:sneaky:

Nate

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If adding somewhere between $300-$1500 onto your $30-$60,000 purchase is a deal-breaker, you were making a bad financial choice.

If you're upset because of the "poor communication" of this policy and you find it so distasteful that you're willing to cancel your order, you were merely looking for a reason to cancel.

If you argue that this is just another example of whatever it is that's making you upset (no white roof, no 2.7 with manual, no B&P in September, whatever), and that it represents the straw that broke the camel's back, etc., you had grossly unrealistic expectations and likely would've been disappointed with your purchase regardless.

If you were disillusioned enough to think that businesses wouldn't try to make as much money as possible out of each of us, every day, because you're special, well, you're not and they will.

For me---and this is somewhat ironic---the only bit which has moved the needle away from buying a Bronco even one iota has been the overwhelming bitching and whinging which emanates from this website. Weird, huh? It's just so tiresome and pointless. [Not speaking to anyone in particular] Is everything in your life as capricious as your feelings about Ford? OMG I LOVE THIS OMELETTE! IT'LL BE THE OMELETTE EVER! THANK YOU FORD'S DINER! Wait, they're charging $7.99? I thought it was $6.99? No? The text said $6.99. Well, yeah, that was two months ago. I don't care if there are people lined up around the corner waiting for an omelette, I was lied to and they don't respect me! WORST OMELETTE! WOULD NEVER BUY!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pity stare I get from someone who was too smart to pay a little more for a Bronco, as we're sitting at a stop light, me in my new Bronco:sneaky:

Nate
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have a hard time making my own opinions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nate
You better get the Sasquatch package so you don’t have to step down from such a high chair. ? in your business lesson you forgot brand loyalty. What every car maker strives for. The poll didn’t ask if you would cancel, but if you would think twice, you know reconsider it. It was meant to show Ford what a loyal group thought about a decision it was making. We have all been waiting 3 years for this highly anticipated product. Some people might have been saving and Xplan holds the price from being marked up. Ford could have easily said from the start no Xplan It’s not the forums fault how and when info rolls out. Lastly you are not obligated to stay on this site in order to buy a Bronco, and people don’t eat omelettes anymore, it’s all about the burrito wrap!!!

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nate
It's not about the money. It's about keeping your word. Surely you can appreciate that.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not about the money. It's about keeping your word. Surely you can appreciate that.
Adding not having to haggle with dealers as well.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand the concept of being loyal to a brand. What is gained as a consumer by being brand loyal? I'll gladly jump companies for a better and/or more enjoyable product.

I am split on the bronco at the moment

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I genuinely mean this out of curiosity... What was everyone expecting here? I feel as though we have gotten a pretty good look into the background of the Bronco, more so than any new vehicle launch in recent history. I also feel like they are listening to future customers as much as possible both in the initial creation of the Bronco and the last minute developments before launch.

I don't mean to trigger anyone I am just interested in the general consensus of how everyone was expecting this to go.
Sponsored