Sponsored

Loyalty Poll

Does X-Plan not being available make you think twice about buying now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how much MCA has made off of memberships, and now doesn’t even have to supply x plan pins lol
Sponsored

Exothermic

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2010 Raptor, 2018 TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still in but I am loosing my excitement to own a first year 6GBronco. I learned to drive in a Ford, the first vehicle that I purchased was a Ford, and I currently own a 66 Bronco and a Raptor. I could easily wait to buy a Bronco in a year or two, at that time Ford may or may not get my money if I buy used. I just feel Ford is yanking my chain.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Granger deal of the Texas Group deal are so much better than X-plan, that I wasn't planning on using it anyway. The extra .5% discount is so small that you'd have to spend $55K to offset the $275 fee for using the X-plan. I'm not going to get into the 50's with my Bronco.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love this forum and is die-hard Bronco fanatics! Every time any tidbit of new info drops, everyone freaks out! I just relax, look at my 1994 bronco in the driveway, imagine my 2022 bronco sitting next to it, and then queue up the John Bronco documentary on Hulu. While I watch that and laugh, i also relax, and realize that after a 25ish year break, the Bronco is back. If your upset, wait for a used one, or wait and see what jeep does. Either way, in the not so long run, we all win. Give Ford a slight break. Their stock isn't too hot right now, they're dealing with covid, and they've basically given us everything we've wanted thus far, besides a few very vocal, and emotional exceptions. In less than a year we'll be seeing each other on the trails in our own basesquatchFEBDwhatever broncos, dick measuring about who's mods are coolest!

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted yes but it's not a negative yes. Everything Ford does causes me to re-evaluate this. Everything they do has the possibility to make this better for me or worse for me so whenever something new comes out surrounding the Bronco I re-evaluate things, make a mental note of where I'm at with it all.

Offering or not offering X-plan doesn't directly effect me but it does help show me who Ford values. I don't begrudge a company making money but people are down economically and most folks that know about X-plan seem to be the more diehard fans. Taking this away from them for the Bronco, what'll be a regular production vehicle, it doesn't sit quite right with me.

Sponsored

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know so I won’t vote to skew the results. I do know that Ford is making me more nervous about buying new platform vehicle. At least my reservation is a MY22 so maybe I’m good haha.
So how do you know your model year? Based on reservation number? Is there a calculator for this somewhere? They don't even have actual orders yet, so i'm not sure how this could be known.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do you know your model year? Based on reservation number? Is there a calculator for this somewhere? They don't even have actual orders yet, so i'm not sure how this could be known.
Prior to Sep 18th is MY21 according to the News section of this very forum.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fantastic. MY22 reservation holder here... Guess that means I get X Plan again :)

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford released an official statement regarding this yesterday. Reservations made on or after September 18th will be MY2022.

OP
OP
Bertbronco

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t know so I won’t vote to skew the results. I do know that Ford is making me more nervous about buying new platform vehicle. At least my reservation is a MY22 so maybe I’m good haha.
You kind of just did. The question is will it make you think twice. Not will you cancel. It’s good for Ford to know their decisions could cost sales.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Directly? Absolutely not, I'm reserved at SAC so that doesn't change a thing. Indirectly, 100% yes. Their reasoning behind removing it was the demand, if that means they're jacking up prices on everything in B&P than that may mean I'm out. Best case, I'll still barebones it with no accessories or options and get a WT for the 2.7/sas, but at the end of the day that's not really what I wanted. That TRX looking pretty dope these days...

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100%, and it adds to the list. Here's my list

-General distrust; flip-flopping (i dont need to get long winded here, as its been discussed 1000 times)
-No x plan = almost $2k lost on a loaded OBX
-This car will likely lease horribly...so I have to buy a brand new rushed model year 1....at MSRP
-No rear console vents (this will be my family hauler with toddlers/infants)
-Poor 4 door cargo area packaging. Seems to be a full foot shallower than my outback. We asked how many times for exact dimensions, but they ducked every time.
-No white top, difficulty getting body matched top (dual top only)
-No test drives or hands-on reviews at select regional dealers
-No tire upgrade. We need to spend $1,500 on new tires and sell basically brand new tires for cents on the dollar, when it would cost ford almost nothing to offer us tire options. This is incredibly annoying considering they could make more money and have a happy customer in the process.
-Lastly, i need a dedicated bulletpoint for Mike Levine. I hate the fact that I need to hit up Mike Levine on tweeter to ATTEMPT get some level of clarity. And his cryptic messages. I generally just do like how he is handling this, at all.

I am excluding the unknowns on delivery, dealer allocations etc, just because i cant totally fault them on trying to work through all of these reservations during COVID. But the above in my opinion, is easily avoidable.

Last edited:

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted yes to signify that absent the deals at Granger/Stephens, I would not be in the market for a Bronco during the initial frenzy. I remember when the 2005 Mustang came out and people were paying stupid amounts of ADM. In a few months, those cars were available on the lot for below MSRP. As someone else posted, this decision seems to hurt the honest dealers and that just tends to cause me to lose respect for Ford. I’ll still likely take my reservation at one of the dealers that really deserves our business.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, because loyalty should go both ways. I don't see it from Ford. My gut is telling me Ford is going to screw the pooch on this build and deliver effort. I expect people will be waiting much longer for their trucks than anticipated. Ford hasn't been exactly steady in their messaging or guidelines to date. No warm fuzzies to be had. What makes anyone think they'll deliver on what's been advertised to date? This X plan news is my final decision maker to not deal with bullshit from Ford...and for me, it's not really about the money. It's the yet another concession we are all expected to accept....nope, done. Especially for a truck that will be mass produced and a product I want, not need. It's a truck, not a specialty vehicle! Honestly I've been going back and forth between a Bronco and a Jeep....this lack of loyalty to a fanatic customer base and frankly this consistently poor management of a new anticipated product just made my choice for me....
Sponsored

Last edited: