First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Q - I removed the flares to install but when putting back were you guys able to flip all 5 fender clips ? If so, how?

Cuz the way the design is one of the clips sits behind the bracket so impossible to turn.
Hence I locked the 4 clips back to hold the fender but the 5th one is still open
I was able to turn it but was bit of a reach. should be able to unless fingers are too short or way too big? Use a hooked pick or something to move it enough to get finger on it. But should be able to.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We want to protect the paint from rocks and only think I need fronts. THESE are Awesome. I’m putting ladders instead of step sides for my toddlers :geek: and think simple is the way to go. My question is will they hold up to mud splashing and gravel roads and are they fastened to more spots other the the crash bar which a Wildtrak doesn’t have?

Thanks BTW.
I haven’t installed rear yet. Had to leave for work so I just quickly mounted them. I wanted the fronts on to protect the body from rocks on the ranch roads. I’m going to add some more support and install rear on days off.
9FBA8087-8650-450E-A6D9-0457B8295670.jpeg
I

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We want to protect the paint from rocks and only think I need fronts. THESE are Awesome. I’m putting ladders instead of step sides for my toddlers :geek: and think simple is the way to go. My question is will they hold up to mud splashing and gravel roads and are they fastened to more spots other the the crash bar which a Wildtrak doesn’t have?

Thanks BTW.
I think you could easily mount them another way. I had a set on my FJ Cruiser and they lasted for the whole time I had it.

Sponsored

Buckâ‚©ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was able to turn it but was bit of a reach. should be able to unless fingers are too short or way too big? Use a hooked pick or something to move it enough to get finger on it. But should be able to.
No nothing to do with reach or fingers.
Tough to get a picture but it just not possible for me because when I turn the clip, the screw Mount gets in the way... So either I force it to turn with the risk of breaking the clip or I leave it open.
Left it open since there are 4 other clips holding the front flares + other plastic retainers - one clip shouldn't hurt

Bugrad1990

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think these will work with a 1 inch wheel spacer on stock Sasquatch wheels/tires? Looks like they may rub when fully turned.
I installed the fronts on my Badlands | SAS with 1.25" BORA spacers installed. I got a little rubbing when backing out of a driveway and turning. The tire was catching the part that juts in and around the crash bar that is not there. So, I removed them and sliced off half the thickness of that gusset, only where it juts in and out. No more rubbing and I am 100% satisfied with the way these look.

Ford Bronco Mabett front mud flaps installed IMG_2309.JPG

Ford Bronco Mabett front mud flaps installed IMG_2310.JPG

Ford Bronco Mabett front mud flaps installed IMG_2311.JPG

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the fronts on my Badlands | SAS with 1.25" BORA spacers installed. I got a little rubbing when backing out of a driveway and turning. The tire was catching the part that juts in and around the crash bar that is not there. So, I removed them and sliced off half the thickness of that gusset, only where it juts in and out. No more rubbing and I am 100% satisfied with the way these look.

Awesome - and greatly appreciate the reply. Kind of wish I had keep the 1.25 spacer. Yours looks great.

Bugrad1990

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome - and greatly appreciate the reply. Kind of wish I had keep the 1.25 spacer. Yours looks great.
I initially feared I had overdone it with the 1.25" spacers and was wishing I'd gone with 1". They have grown on me. Plus, I'm splitting hairs at this point. The 0.25" difference must be virtually indistinguishable.

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially feared I had overdone it with the 1.25" spacers and was wishing I'd gone with 1". They have grown on me. Plus, I'm splitting hairs at this point. The 0.25" difference must be virtually indistinguishable.
Good point - not really much difference but the stance is much better than factor. Wheel wheels needed to be filled….I guess it was the originally computer generated pics they sent when ordering that got that stuck in my head. Anyway, yours looks great. Thanks again.

Sponsored

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Has anyone used the sound deadening foam? Is it needed?

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm putting them on, and every hole is like a TINY bit off and its making it SUCH a pain in the ass. Doable but a struggle lol

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone used the sound deadening foam? Is it needed?
I didn’t bother it. Love the flaps other than the Alan bolts rusting.

CED7BCEF-BBA4-4470-9216-4D8B10AFBED4.png

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I didn’t bother it. Love the flaps other than the Alan bolts rusting.

Ford Bronco Mabett front mud flaps installed CED7BCEF-BBA4-4470-9216-4D8B10AFBED4
I just finished installing them, I will say i had to shave some of the fender lining off otherwise the holes were never going to allign.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never had to shave anything but the Tolerances were tight for a few of the bolts. It’s a great value for what you get. I’ll be replacing all the Alan bolts this week with stainless ones. Glad you got yours on.
Sponsored