First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had issues with wheels/hub assemblies on their Bronco’s? I bought a 2023 Wildtrak on 03/23 and at 5 days I noticed a sound coming from the rear end when coasting but not when hitting the gas or braking. I’m not very inclined with these things and since it was brand new, I headed to the dealership to get it looked at. In route while going down I-10, the entire rear drivers side wheel flew off. Needless to say after going across three lanes on three wheels, I consider myself very fortunate. Ford and the dealership have been less than helpful so I am just trying to see if anyone else may have had issues.

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg
Wow!! Those lug nuts torqued wayyyy too much!!!
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any update from dealership repair @macmc138 ?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

RedWhite&Blue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I received a call from Ford yesterday. They told me there is a recall on my BD and other 2023 Broncos built around the same time. I am assuming those built ~2/02/23 based on the window sticker (picked up an abandoned order at the dealer first week of March). They told me to stop driving until the lug nuts can be inspected by my dealer as they can shear off while driving. Unsettling to say the least.. Anyone with an early 23 build should check the torque on the lug nuts. I did have the dealer swap the steelies for the BD alloy so not as concerned but still.. just crazy.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received a call from Ford yesterday. They told me there is a recall on my BD and other 2023 Broncos built around the same time. I am assuming those built ~2/02/23 based on the window sticker (picked up an abandoned order at the dealer first week of March). They told me to stop driving until the lug nuts can be inspected by my dealer as they can shear off while driving. Unsettling to say the least.. Anyone with an early 23 build should check the torque on the lug nuts. I did have the dealer swap the steelies for the BD alloy so not as concerned but still.. just crazy.
There were about 1000 MY23 Broncos in this recall which was narrowed down to one week in February. Anyone built around this time should check ones VIN for recalls. Sounds like you are within that range. If you are in a rush or don't want to wait for the dealer you can go to any tire center and ask them to torque the nuts to spec. If you have torque wrench you can do the same, I believe it's 100 foot pounds but that is going off memory.

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sitting at the dealer for that recall now. They told me I could just stop by on the way to work to get them checked. I've been here for almost 2 hours and am hearing that the entire assembly had to be taken apart...

OP
OP
macmc138

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has it been fixed is really what I am asking? Pictures of it repaired?
The dealership offered me a complete refund. I have ordered and am waiting on a new one. I don’t have any idea on what the dealership is doing with it.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, wheels flying off aint no joke. Wow.
I had just watched this viral video this morning of a wheel coming off a truck on the freeway.

That’s Mario Kart in real life.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership offered me a complete refund. I have ordered and am waiting on a new one. I don’t have any idea on what the dealership is doing with it.
Fix it and put it on the lot with a little mark up, they definitely aren’t going to lose money buying it back and fixing, that’s why they did it. Be surprised if it shows up in the Carfax.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you'll be waiting 1 year for a replacement

OP
OP
macmc138

macmc138

Wildtrak
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you'll be waiting 1 year for a replacement
Yeah, I’m hoping it is sooner but know it will be a while. Just an unfortunate thing that happened. Glad they issued a recall on the issue and hopefully it will help others.
Sponsored