AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the soft top, and it's really good on the highway as far as wind noise, and it's super easy up and down. I really like it. The OP was mostly freaking out over nothing....just some drama. Nothing to see here, most who have it so far love the soft top.
You know this because...... you were in my bronco with a crosswind....and could see daylight out the gap??.........I wouldnt suggest that as freaking out over nothing.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know this because...... you were in my bronco with a crosswind....and could see daylight out the gap??.........I wouldnt suggest that as freaking out over nothing.
Maybe you do have a problem with yours...I told him not to freak out or second guess his choice...because the vast majority of people do not. I love the soft top, and am so glad I switched (reluctantly) from the MIC. There is no design issue that needs to be fixed. It could certainly be improved in some areas (rain management and tighter windows), but otherwise it is pretty damn good and is impressive. Some people who have no problem are running around worried because of your drama calling out some major flaw and tagging Ford. If you have a problem with yours, then warranty it like a big boy, no big deal.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the soft top, and it's really good on the highway as far as wind noise, and it's super easy up and down. I really like it. The OP was mostly freaking out over nothing....just some drama. Nothing to see here, most who have it so far love the soft top.
Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for the feedback. Thats what I was hoping. I actually sold my JKUR, which I had outfitted with a Fox racing iift, 35" KM2 tires, and various other shit, just because it was soooo loud on the road that I could not talk to my kids in the back seat without yelling. I sort of "overdid it". My job changed and I had to do more asphalt driving than before, and it was just too much to deal with for me. We just did buy a new JLUR, which will stay stock, and while its not a Lexus it is quite tolerable with the KO2 tires. I am hoping my Wildtrak Soft top isn't any louder on the highway than the JLUR, and that it steers a bit better :).

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t hear wind noise coming from any of the windows I hear it coming from the very back in trunk area. It’s not bad but you can hear it. Just reminds me of my jku. My main gripe of a soft top is you can hear everything outside. People talking, peoples radios and loud crappy car mufflers sitting at red lights. I use to jam my radio in my cars I don’t now because everyone can hear what I’m listening too.
Yeah. the thin plastic windows don't really do much for the noise around you. That never really bothered me though. Its pretty similar to just having the top off, which I did most of the time anyhow.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all, Reluctantly i switched to a soft top, to take delivery quicker. Boy was that a mistake!

Opening to position 1, and now the top will not seal above the doors! I can stick my hand between the roof framing, and the top. (See pic)

My dealer has reached out to his superiors to hear that this is normal!? If true, this is unbelievable for 50k+. The wind noise is substantially greater than it was before ever opening.

Please report this if you are also having these issues, maybe
@Ford Motor Company
will do something to correct it.
20211128_151346.jpg
Some people amaze me. Did you watch the videos from T&C where Mitch (or any number of other reviewers) simply unlatch the two latches on the front and toss to back to position 1?

Did you think the top unsealed itself and rolled back before they undid the top?

There is plenty of lip there and it is water tight and mostly wind resistant.

Sponsored

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm loving my soft top, even though I haven't had the top down for more than 10 minutes yet (already chilly in Long Island, NY and I got my ride the day before Thanksgiving).
Remote start on cold mornings, soft top holds heat great so far and heated seats gets hot super fast 🔥.
I do hear some road noise...mostly sounds like if the back window in a reg car was cracked open an inch, but radio drowns out most of it and when spring comes and top is down I won't care about any of that.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to stick my hand or fingers under the top when I drove today and that was not going to happen. I think something is bent, or some such issue with your top. That is not normal IMO.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, Reluctantly i switched to a soft top, to take delivery quicker. Boy was that a mistake!

Opening to position 1, and now the top will not seal above the doors! I can stick my hand between the roof framing, and the top. (See pic)

My dealer has reached out to his superiors to hear that this is normal!? If true, this is unbelievable for 50k+. The wind noise is substantially greater than it was before ever opening.

@Ford Motor Company
20211128_151346.jpg

Edit 1. Something i didnt include in my initial post is being able to see daylight out the gap on the highway with a crosswind.

Its not only the seal, i believe my issue i bigger.
Open the top and take pictures of where your hand is going through.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can get my fingers through the same part on mine, but don't have leaking air. Even in Iowa winds the other day of 50+, it wasnt letting in wind on the highway. Now the back windows get loud with that crosswind, the wave becomes animated.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can get my fingers through the same part on mine, but don't have leaking air. Even in Iowa winds the other day of 50+, it wasnt letting in wind on the highway. Now the back windows get loud with that crosswind, the wave becomes animated.
Agree 100%. The design of how the top just sits on the rails allows you to push your hand through if you really want to, but I haven't noticed any water leaks or excessive wind noise in my 1000 miles yet.

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
20211128_151346.jpg

Edit 1. Something i didnt include in my initial post is being able to see daylight out the gap on the highway with a crosswind.

Its not only the seal, i believe my issue i bigger.
Mine (9/7 blend date) is tight enough to cause discomfort if I shove my hand in from the outside. Those rubber seals form a "non interlocked friction fit". I've never noticed daylight or water intrusion even at monsoon conditions and high cross winds at highway speeds.

There must be some adjust ability to how tight they are, I would seek Dealer assistance first, then look into it yourself. I've got 5,000 miles on it and had the top back daily for 2 months.

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had a pressure washer hose right at the seam getting some mud off and no water intrusion at all. I can hear more wind noise than I am used to, but I assume it is from having a soft top (my first). The design seems pretty solid from my view. Yes, I can get my fingers in there, but it takes a good amount of effort. It isn't just flopping there. To get my hand as far as OP, it would take a great amount of effort for my top.

OP
OP
Bigkansas

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had a pressure washer hose right at the seam getting some mud off and no water intrusion at all. I can hear more wind noise than I am used to, but I assume it is from having a soft top (my first). The design seems pretty solid from my view. Yes, I can get my fingers in there, but it takes a good amount of effort. It isn't just flopping there. To get my hand as far as OP, it would take a great amount of effort for my top.
Its pretty minimal effort for me unfortunately

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its pretty minimal effort for me unfortunately
If it is minimal effort and your hand goes that far, I would pull the top back and try reseating it, making sure the middle is latched properly. If it is still easy, then you might have a case for Ford to replace it.
Sponsored