Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Bronconheimer found and posted this elsewhere on the forum. Skip to 3:00 to hear the driver say that C is fully synchroed and 20:00 for him to tlak about the front locker being a clutch style with some slip, but considering the shocking amount of poor information he has about the vehicle I wouldn't be surprised if these were somehow incorrect.
I got dumber watching that.

Jeeps use clutch pack LSDs made by Auburn.
A company Chrysler has a +50 year relationship with.

Ford uses full mechanical lockers on everything except for the mustang
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got dumber watching that.

Jeeps use clutch pack LSDs made by Auburn.
A company Chrysler has a +50 year relationship with.

Ford uses full mechanical lockers on everything except for the mustang
Ford used clutch-type LSDs on the F150 until 2014, usually on 2wd or sportier models.

There do exist combination clutch-type LSD/lockers like the Auburn Select-a-loc, but there's no indicate that Ford is using one in the Bronco.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I messed around with a manual badlands at a dealer event Tuesday for a bit and confirm that you can go from C to 1 without lifting the collar. You only have to lift the collar to get into R or C and once in them you do not have to lift it to come out of either and get into gear. I would say its possible to go from C to 1 or 2 from a stop like normal shifting once you have the feel for it, whether that's necessary or not is another thing though, lol

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I messed around with a manual badlands at a dealer event Tuesday for a bit and confirm that you can go from C to 1 without lifting the collar. You only have to lift the collar to get into R or C and once in them you do not have to lift it to come out of either and get into gear. I would say its possible to go from C to 1 or 2 from a stop like normal shifting once you have the feel for it, whether that's necessary or not is another thing though, lol
Right on this is great news! Did you try going between C and R? Is the collar lift only to get over to the far left or is it needed shifting between them too?

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right on this is great news! Did you try going between C and R? Is the collar lift only to get over to the far left or is it needed shifting between them too?
I had no issues going from C to R. The collar lock was only needed to get over to the far left position, then once there you could move from C to R or vise versa and out of C or R to any gear without the collar lock

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had no issues going from C to R. The collar lock was only needed to get over to the far left position, then once there you could move from C to R or vise versa and out of C or R to any gear without the collar lock
I have been waiting for this answer for nine months. Thank you so much!
@pan-y-cerveza you don't even need the auto now!

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How's the pedal spacing and height? Did it feel like you could heel-toe fairly well?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seemed like this thread was missing the object of our affection. 😎

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Q&A Master Thread 1620367741474

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Q&A Master Thread 1620367600359

Last edited:

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,

I had tried to find this information for months including messages back and forth with Levine/Ford. My brother had a chance to sit in a Manual at a dealer event in FL. My Wife is 5'2 with a 26" inseam. She only wants a manual or no Bronco. With all the Big/Tall reports we were seriously worried that it would arrive and she wouldn't be able to fully depress the clutch.

My brother said with the seat adjusted max forward virtually no one would be able to fit - it's so close. He said 18" max from front of cushion to disengaged pedal. Pedal travel was normal. He sees zero problems for my wife and knows her/her driving well (race car, our other cars, etc).

@618TRVLWILD Ashley I think a number of people had also asked this question (and I asked them haha) over time in case you want to relay this to private groups who may be interested. My wife is relieved.

Amazing how difficult this ergo number was to come by.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Q&A Master Thread 1618581023739

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello all,

I had tried to find this information for months including messages back and forth with Levine/Ford. My brother had a chance to sit in a Manual at a dealer event in FL. My Wife is 5'2 with a 26" inseam. She only wants a manual or no Bronco. With all the Big/Tall reports we were seriously worried that it would arrive and she wouldn't be able to fully depress the clutch.

My brother said with the seat adjusted max forward virtually no one would be able to fit - it's so close. He said 18" max from front of cushion to disengaged pedal. Pedal travel was normal. He sees zero problems for my wife and knows her/her driving well (race car, our other cars, etc).

@618TRVLWILD Ashley I think a number of people had also asked this question (and I asked them haha) over time in case you want to relay this to private groups who may be interested. My wife is relieved.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Q&A Master Thread 1618581023739
Heck I’m glad to hear this. Honestly I never would of even thought about us shorties driving sticks not being able to press the clutch!

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,

1618581023739.png
I appreciate the intel, but have you also considered impacts from the seat height? Getting the seat close to the pedals fore/aft is great but it's not the whole story.

I test drove a manual Forester about 5 years ago: when I was seated close enough to fully depress the clutch, the high seat height caused my shin to collide with the plastic kick panel below the steering wheel. It was an instant no-sale moment with no easy solution. I think the bottom edge of the kick panel would need to be raised and I wasn't going to mess with that.

I'm worried the Bronco will fall into this trap, too.
Sponsored