First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This could be a game changer for me, I would love to see the source here. TTA, V6, and my wife are currently the biggest reasons to join the dark side and my wife is open to the idea of getting the MT.

Crawling with TTA would be 🤯
Spoiler alert, it's not. TTA is not tied to Sasquatch currently so there's no logical reason for it to be tied to Sasquatch next year. Hence the reason I asked, and have gotten no answer.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This could be a game changer for me, I would love to see the source here. TTA, V6, and my wife are currently the biggest reasons to join the dark side and my wife is open to the idea of getting the MT.

Take that opening...

BroncoAbe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was curious about the hack for the TTA / Remote start. Is this a coding hack? I was wondering if it would be incorporated similar to BimmerCode through the OBDII? This is my only experience in that world...I have used BimmerCode to change a bunch of the 'factory' settings through the computer hack and was wondering if that would work for TTA?

If not, does anyone know if there is anything like this for Bronco / similar cars for coding hacks to change options?

TIA

Sponsored

TRUCK3N

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kennethbigler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (Lux/Manual)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My source was a YouTube video, but I did some actual research on this to find out that I was wrong, it is tied to the auto transmission.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Technically and mechanically, why is the trail turn assist not available with the 7MT? I can’t think of a technical limitation with holding the dig wheel brake on while applying both clutch and throttle using a three-pedal setup.

If there’s no technical limitation, can TTS be added to the 7MT folks (like me) either through an ECM tweak or with a/m parts?

Thanks
My guess is that much of the trail turning would be at such a slow speed that the manual would be likely to stall unless you ride or slip the clutch a bit and the average driver wouldn’t know how to do that

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that much of the trail turning would be at such a slow speed that the manual would be likely to stall unless you ride or slip the clutch a bit and the average driver wouldn’t know how to do that
The average driver in that case won’t be wanting to add TTA to their 7MT. Also, the average driver in all likelihood will be going with the 10AT. Just my .02

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the TTA and the 7MT. It's just a brake function and in Creeper Gear the "stalling" isn't an issue.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude this thing very famously has a crawler gear with a ridiculously low ratio.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why worry about TTA? Its right there in the name "assist". If you got a manual and know how to operate them you can do the same thing effectively. Its just a donut. Slip into 2wd, apply gas, turn slip, into 4wd. Done. All that should largely happen seamlessly as one action.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I got to see the 7MT in person this week during the local dealership viewing. It was 4D BL softtop with the MGV washout interior. My current daily is a 2010 Mustang GT with the 5MT Tremec 3650 and stock shift linkage, so that's my comparison point for the parked row through the gears

Clutch:
Lighter than the Mustang, I couldn't really pick up on the engagement point without driving it.

Throws: Longer than the Mustang but not as much of a difference as you might think. Don't get the wrong impression - it isn't sports car tight, but Bronco's throws are really short for a truck and that's a very good thing.

Action: No slack or unwanted side play. A bit notchy but comparable to the Mustang's Tremec. I definitely won't complain. The lockout sleeve is a fat piece of machined aluminum with a quality feel and a really nice spring loaded action. You're not getting into the R-C gate unless you mean to.

Location: I'm 6'0" but with relatively long legs and shorter arms, so finding the ideal seating position to balance shifter/pedal/steering reach takes me some time in most cars. With that caveat I found the 5-6 gate a slight reach but I don't see it being a real problem.

What might be a problem for me is the armrest: it has a hard pointy edge and was too short to rest my elbow on while shifting, but it was far enough forward to jab into my funny bone on 2-3 and 4-5 shifts. I found it jarringly uncomfortable. I didn't see any adjustable sliding feature, though raising up the seating position did help a little bit. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m gonna officially “unwatch” this tread because I’ve had to settle for automatic vehicles for the past 8 years and our order is in. One day a manual 2DR Bronco will be in my future.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m gonna officially “unwatch” this tread because I’ve had to settle for automatic vehicles for the past 8 years and our order is in. One day a manual 2DR Bronco will be in my future.
So teach the SWMBO how to drive a manual.....it’s “liberating”.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My source was a YouTube video, but I did some actual research on this to find out that I was wrong, it is tied to the auto transmission.
Thanks for clarifying.

And I completely agree on the "teaching to drive a manual" route. But even some that know how choose not to drive a stick, to each their own 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored