Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im getting a Black Diamond so it doesn't apply to me but a friend was wondering if you can get the adaptive cruise control with the 7-spd? I haven't paid attention to if this was discussed in the past because I not going to get it myself. (sorry if it has gone over a million times)
That is a good question.
Peronsally I have not seen anything that states it is not available for the Manual, but it is currently only offered if you get the LUX package.

Are they going to lower the gearing to 4.88 or 5.13 to account for the differences in tire diameter between the 33's and the '35's
With the Crawl gear, they should not have to touch the axle gearing. The MT Crawl ratio is 95:1
To give you some perspective, on my last jeep I ran 37" tires and my Crawl ratio was 97.6.
4:1 First Gear
5:1 Transfer Case
4.88 Axle gears

Half the time I was competing in Rock Crawling I would put the transmission in 2nd gear because first gear was too low and I did not have enough remaining rpms when needing to gas up a steep climb, or gas out of a drop to make sure I did not swap the rear with the front end.
When just doing weekend 4wheeling, in between trails I'd put it into 4H because I just could not keep up even in 5th gear while in 4 low. On top of that, In first gear, the Jeep would crawl up rocks with zero gas.
As such
I seriously doubt anyone will need to re-gear the axles on the MT Broncos unless they jump up to 40" tires
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a good question.
Peronsally I have not seen anything that states it is not available for the Manual, but it is currently only offered if you get the LUX package.

With the Crawl gear, they should not have to touch the axle gearing. The MT Crawl ratio is 95:1
To give you some perspective, on my last jeep I ran 37" tires and my Crawl ratio was 97.6.
4:1 First Gear
5:1 Transfer Case
4.88 Axle gears

The gearing would be fine for off road, but Ford felt the 2.3 needed the 4.7 for the 33s. If you bump to the Sasquach 34.4's, you lose effective gearing to the tune of about 5%, 5.13's would get you back to slightly more mechanical advantage at the ground (the better to handle the extra weight and angular momentum.) So while I agree with your assessment on it being fine using the crawler gear, it would be better on the road with the lower gears. Again, not a deal breaker to me, but it would nudge me somewhat depending on the answer. For those who do want to go 37-40's, then a factory 5.13 gear would get them a lot more interested, no?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think they already accounted for it with the 35s and the 33s will be slightly over geared for the street.
A lot o Jeep owners only run 4.56 gears and 35s and that's with the 4.0L inline 6 engine which had 180ish HP and 220ish TQ
I'm not seeing it being an issue on road either. Its more a matter of shift points which are easily controlled with a Manual

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did no one who got a manual ride take videos? I've seen plenty of automatic videos at KOH but would love to see at least one with the manual...
I was just wondering the same thing.
Do they actually exist !! :alien:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SD_Bronco said:
Bronco Config: We got a ride in a base badlands, manual transmission, 2.3L 4 Cyl, 33 in tires, Tire pressure ~30 PSI all around.

[*]Manual Transmission: This thing is smooth. Not like my buddy’s manual Tacoma where there are long throws, and its jerky, makes noise and goes slow. Bronco was smooooth, short throws, it was closer to a sports car in the way it behaved and felt while riding. We also had a baja champion driving us so that definitely has to do with the smoothness but the truck deserves credit here too. The crawler gear LMFAO, that thing is insane. You let out the clutch and it rolls at 1mph, max of 5 or 6. So you aint going anywhere fast but holy hell you have all that torque to climb Jupiter as far as I’m concerned, Somebody call NASA!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The gearing would be fine for off road, but Ford felt the 2.3 needed the 4.7 for the 33s. If you bump to the Sasquach 34.4's, you lose effective gearing to the tune of about 5%, 5.13's would get you back to slightly more mechanical advantage at the ground (the better to handle the extra weight and angular momentum.) So while I agree with your assessment on it being fine using the crawler gear, it would be better on the road with the lower gears. Again, not a deal breaker to me, but it would nudge me somewhat depending on the answer. For those who do want to go 37-40's, then a factory 5.13 gear would get them a lot more interested, no?
The new Dana axle pinions get crumbly below 4.88.

This is why even most Jeepers stick to 4.88 when running 35"-38" tires on the factory axles.

A few are running 5.13, but they are a slim minority.

On top of all that, the JL engines are weaker than the Bronco offerings and the Bronco is heavier.

Higher HP + weight = lower gear ratio to maintain the same reliability.

----------

I'd stick with the 4.7 Sasquatch/Badlands gears and spend my money on axle reinforcements.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Tadertodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two first gen Broncos and a second gen, 21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Dana axle pinions get crumbly below 4.88.

This is why even most Jeepers stick to 4.88 when running 35"-38" tires on the factory axles.

A few are running 5.13, but they are a slim minority.

On top of all that, the JL engines are weaker than the Bronco offerings and the Bronco is heavier.

Higher HP + weight = lower gear ratio to maintain the same reliability.

----------

I'd stick with the 4.7 Sasquatch/Badlands gears and spend my money on axle reinforcements.
thats my plan

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alright, here’s my question, as the answer still remains unclear (to me):

4 door 4 cyl BASE, is MY21 available with the manual? Will MY22 & the availability of manual trans paired with Sasquatch be an option in the BASE trim?

B&P conflicts other Ford documents I have seen. My dealer reached out to me to place an order, but I told them I’m waiting for MY22.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty sure the 4.7 was designed for the 35s. Hence why that comes with squatch on any trim in auto.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright, here’s my question, as the answer still remains unclear (to me):

4 door 4 cyl BASE, is MY21 available with the manual? Will MY22 & the availability of manual trans paired with Sasquatch be an option in the BASE trim?

B&P conflicts other Ford documents I have seen. My dealer reached out to me to place an order, but I told them I’m waiting for MY22.
You can't get a 4D Base w/7M.

Unless something changes, be ready to roll with Plan A(utomatic) on a 4D Base in 2022 too.
Or a Plan B(ig Bend) for a 4D 7M Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Bronconheimer found and posted this elsewhere on the forum. Skip to 3:00 to hear the driver say that C is fully synchroed and 20:00 for him to tlak about the front locker being a clutch style with some slip, but considering the shocking amount of poor information he has about the vehicle I wouldn't be surprised if these were somehow incorrect.
Sponsored