LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
In fairness, in the US, we are much bigger fans than people from Europe at the present time,
It is like manual transmissions is a New "cool" thing over there, but here in Europe it's been the norm and we never seen it as something special or cool. We have always heard that americans dont know how to drive "a stick", but here everyone who learns to drive has to learn to drive a manaual and also manuals was the most available in affordable cars. It like before americans didnt know how to handle "a stick", but now that Automatics are far better than manuals, all the amrericans seem to want is a manual transmission.
Driving a manual i super easy, every girl in Europe can do it easily, so it does not make you a man either like some of the comments here have suggested.
Sponsored

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But that does not really answer the question as of "why".
There is something to be said for having more control over a machine. Add to that the feeling you get when your coordination is spot on with hand, foot, and ears working together and nailing the perfect shift at just the right time. It can be a visceral, harmonious act that further unites you and your machine. It is glorious.

Not to mention clutch replacements, while getting more expensive, are usually cheaper, and simpler than rebuilding and/or replacing a slush-box.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is something to be said for having more control over a machine. Add to that the feeling you get when your coordination is spot on with hand, foot, and ears working together and nailing the perfect shift at just the right time. It can be a visceral, harmonious act that further unites you and your machine. It is glorious.
Well, I see what you mean. I Guess I just dont agree that it gives this added feeling of control over the machine etc. But as long as there is a market for manual Broncos, I guess there is nothing wrong with Ford offering it. But if the market is really small or non-existing, then maybe it will just add cost to the development and production of the Bronco.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is like manual transmissions is a New "cool" thing over there, but here in Europe it's been the norm and we never seen it as something special or cool. We have always heard that americans dont know how to drive "a stick", but here everyone who learns to drive has to learn to drive a manaual and also manuals was the most available in affordable cars. It like before americans didnt know how to handle "a stick", but now that Automatics are far better than manuals, all the amrericans seem to want is a manual transmission.
Driving a manual i super easy, every girl in Europe can do it easily, so it does not make you a man either like some of the comments here have suggested.
Jesus Christ, everything that comes out of your keyboard makes me want to vomit, grab a fork and eat it, then vomit again, and repeat that cycle until I pass out from exhaustion. Even that would be more enjoyable than listening to the anti-manual nonsense that you canā€™t seem to stop spewing

guess thereā€™s a first for everything... Iā€™ve never set anyone to ā€œignoreā€ on a forum before

Sponsored

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus Christ, everything that comes out of your keyboard makes me want to vomit, grab a fork and eat it, then vomit again, and repeat that cycle until I pass out from exhaustion.
Hey stick lover. Here's a video With some truth for you:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So easy, even a girl can do it! (Just kidding, I know you didn't mean that!) Seriously, driving a manual is fun. My EB is a manual, which is a pain in town, regardless of how much someone says it isn't. My last manual daily driver had 5 speeds, which I thought was pretty cool at the time, having driven mostly 3 speeds.

I find debating over manual vs automatic to be comical. Just get what you like. Personally, I think resale to a millennial might be hard with manual, but vinyl is coming back, so who knows?

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously, driving a manual is fun. My EB is a manual, which is a pain in town, regardless of how much someone says it isn't. My last manual daily driver had 5 speeds, which I thought was pretty cool at the time, having driven mostly 3 speeds.
Like I said, like most Europeans of my age I have grown up driving manual transmission cars since I got my License when I was old enough to drive(18). I did not get an automatic until recently in my early 40s, so I do have some experience to base my opinion on. Manuals used to be sporty back when automatics were slow and bad, but that is not the case anymore so in my opinion manuals are no more fun than automatics.

And Im so jealous of your 74 Bronco even if its a manual :D

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't seen a single person say they like a manual because it's manly or that girls can't drive stick. Everybody has said they like manuals because they're more fun and engaging. It sounds like you're the one with the masculinity issue man.

The reveal needs to happen sooner rather than later. Forums are degrading.

Sponsored

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't seen a single person say they like a manual because it's manly or that girls can't drive stick. Everybody has said they like manuals because they're more fun and engaging. It sounds like you're the one with the masculinity issue man.

The reveal needs to happen sooner rather than later. Forums are degrading.
Exactly. I guess it never occurred to him that some people might just enjoy driving a manual.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Manual transmission 37B7D2B8-CB93-4516-A48F-D7F18CB8688A

This thread is a clusterfuck
The "wandering topic" thing works fine when there's like, 5 regularly contributing members. But now there's new members coming out of the woodwork every day and you get 4 pages of stick measuring contests in a thread about the reveal date ...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The "wandering topic" thing works fine when there's like, 5 regularly contributing members. But now there's new members coming out of the woodwork every day and you get 4 pages of stick measuring contests in a thread about the reveal date ...

and don't forget to throw in the :curse: debate. HAHA !!
Sponsored