DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we need a leak on the manual transmission option. Can’t wait till the big reveal!
Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may not be a sports car, but I also don't think it'll be as popular with the females as the Wrangler is... I don't think there was ever a "Barbie Bronco"

FWIW, every person I know with a JL is a female except for 1 male, who happened to buy a manual
Around here the Wrangler has a reputation as a chick car. Especially non binary drivers.Just another mall suv.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No matter what the auto scum have to say, I really think Ford will be losing a lot of potential sales if they don’t offer the Bronco in manual
In actual percentage of sales, I'm not expecting the manual to be very high in the Bronco as us enthusiasts are going to be a small percentage of the buyers. But as many keep saying...it's all about giving the image of an enthusiast vehicle to drive the sales of the 4 door automatic Broncos for the mass market.
I have a friend of mine bugging me the pull the trigger on a Jeep instead of waiting for the Bronco. No way I'll do that,even though it has a manual. I love CJs but don't like the style of the Wrangler.,something is off.
I'll take the simplicity and durability of a manual gear box any day over a computer controlled box.The drag race argument is meaningless on the street.First one off the line and to 30 mph wins.
Offroad around here the manual box has the advantage, you're moving slow, shift times don't matter you pick the gear you want, skip gears etc.
Goofballs don't steal manual transmission cars as much.
I've had negative experience with autos offroad, things like getting hung up in park on a steep hill,can't pop start,lost a cooler line off the auto from contact with a stick no tranny juice= no go, and I have yet to see a auto hold back like a manual, the ultimate insult is my brothers Grand Wagoneer tranny problem that will cost more to fix than the thing is worth.
Unfortunately Ford is catering to the mall suv crowd and will listen to them instead of the enthusiast, I give it less than 5 years and they will ruin the Bronco. To get an offroad Bronco it will be 50k+ special edition.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll take option b, though I could see 5th being more like 0.83 and 6th more like 0.65. 0.58 might be a bit extreme for what will be a pretty unaerodynamic vehicle.
The JK has a 0.84 and 4.10 rear and with 33.5” tires, I am almost never in 6th gear.

[Edit:] Then again, if I had more torque, 0.84 would be more useable in the 2000-2500 rpm range...

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So....... there will be a manual?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you read in-between the lines of what info Getrag has released on the MTI550, it's all but confirmed. The question is more so will it be offered with all engines and trims?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you read in-between the lines of what info Getrag has released on the MTI550, it's all but confirmed. The question is more so will it be offered with all engines and trims?
ive always thought not. looking around at what Vehicles and trims still have a manual option. It’s either bottom barrel trims (2.3 XL) or top end sport trims (2.7 raptor)

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ive always thought not. looking around at what Vehicles and trims still have a manual option. It’s either bottom barrel trims (2.3 XL) or top end sport trims (2.7 raptor)
Except Mustang, which is offered on every trim level and motor except the highest trim (GT500)

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a pretty strong feeling that Bronco will offer it on all trims. We already know Ford is considering this part of it's "heritage line", which prides itself in catering to enthusiasts and keeping true to the roots of the vehicle. I'll be genuinely surprised if it only has it on the base or highest trim level... especially when you consider that its main competitor offers manual on all trims

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Except Mustang, which is offered on every trim level and motor except the highest trim (GT500)
Because it’s a sports car. I get the bronco is a sports SUV. But look at the competition.

wrangler, 21,000 for sale 1100 manual. (5.3%) basically only offered on base (sport 60%) and top trims (Sahara 10%, rubicon 20%[ )

4runner none.

Tacoma (19,000 only 860 manual 4.5%) only on “TRD” trims.

Now the Gladiator breaks that trend a little.
19,000 gladiators for sale in USA. 300 manual. (1.6%)
90%+ are sport and Rubicon.
But there are a FEW Ovarland (midtrim) available. And I’m sure a few Mojave when they Come out. But your taking about less than 30 of the 19,000 are a mid trim.

I have a pretty strong feeling that Bronco will offer it on all trims. We already know Ford is considering this part of it's "heritage line", which prides itself in catering to enthusiasts and keeping true to the roots of the vehicle. I'll be genuinely surprised if it only has it on the base or highest trim level... especially when you consider that its main competitor offers manual on all trims
See previous statement about trims. It’s only on higher or lower trims. Nothing in between.

Even tho it’s a “heritage” vehicle. Enthusiasts will still want the higher trim with a manual. Or just the basic trim with a manual.

the middle (most commonly sold) trims won’t have a manual. In my mind any way.

Last edited:

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because it’s a sports car. I get the bronco is a sports SUV. But look at the competition.

wrangler, 21,000 for sale 1100 manual. (5.3%) basically only offered on base (sport 60%) and top trims (Sahara 10%, rubicon 20%[ )

4runner none.

Tacoma (19,000 only 860 manual 4.5%) only on “TRD” trims.

Now the Gladiator breaks that trend a little.
19,000 gladiators for sale in USA. 300 manual. (1.6%)
90%+ are sport and Rubicon.
But there are a FEW Ovarland (midtrim) available. And I’m sure a few Mojave when they Come out. But your taking about less than 30 of the 19,000 are a mid trim.

See previous statement about trims. It’s only on higher or lower trims. Nothing in between.

Even tho it’s a “heritage” vehicle. Enthusiasts will still want the higher trim with a manual. Or just the basic trim with a manual.

the middle (most commonly sold) trims won’t have a manual. In my mind any way.
What’s sold and what’s offered are 2 different things. I think it will be offered on all trims but will sell the most on bottom and top end trims just like everything else.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s sold and what’s offered are 2 different things. I think it will be offered on all trims but will sell the most on bottom and top end trims just like everything else.
I could see that. Jeep OFFERS the manual on all Wrangler and Gladiator trims. But dealers only ever buy top and bottom. So that means your going to have to factory order a mid trim manual. Sooo go ahead and tack on $3000-$4000 and a 2+ week wait.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could see that. Jeep OFFERS the manual on all Wrangler and Gladiator trims. But dealers only ever buy top and bottom. So that means your going to have to factory order a mid trim manual. Sooo go ahead and tack on $3000-$4000 and a 2+ week wait.
Or find a dealer that will stock a mid-trim manual or my preference find a dealer that won't charge 3-4k more (@ChrispyKC) for you to order what you want.
Sponsored