DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thing better get a manual. Very quiet on that front. If you’re targeting the Wrangler, you have to offer a manual right?
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thing better get a manual. Very quiet on that front. If you’re targeting the Wrangler, you have to offer a manual right?
Exactly

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No matter what the auto scum have to say, I really think Ford will be losing a lot of potential sales if they don’t offer the Bronco in manual

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No matter what the auto scum have to say, I really think Ford will be losing a lot of potential sales if they don’t offer the Bronco in manual
In actual percentage of sales, I'm not expecting the manual to be very high in the Bronco as us enthusiasts are going to be a small percentage of the buyers. But as many keep saying...it's all about giving the image of an enthusiast vehicle to drive the sales of the 4 door automatic Broncos for the mass market.

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just the fact that the Wrangler offers a manual should be enough for Ford to make sure there’s a manual option for the Bronco, otherwise it’s just an explorer with a removable roof. Not that special

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just the fact that the Wrangler offers a manual should be enough for Ford to make sure there’s a manual option for the Bronco, otherwise it’s just an explorer with a removable roof. Not that special
And then that would kill all the momentum and enthusiasm and hype that's been building.

Even the people who don't drive stick would be disappointed

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
but only ~5% of wranglers Sold are manuals.
And most are either basic sport packages or full blown rubicon.
If ford matches odds are you’ll only see it on the XLT and Raptor. Nothing else

OP
OP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. I will take 5% and I Will pay extra for the manual, but probably not raptor $$ unless it gets the 3.5 eco boost

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In actual percentage of sales, I'm not expecting the manual to be very high in the Bronco as us enthusiasts are going to be a small percentage of the buyers. But as many keep saying...it's all about giving the image of an enthusiast vehicle to drive the sales of the 4 door automatic Broncos for the mass market.
Idk, the Wrangler sells fairly low numbers of manuals, but the Mustang still sells manuals in a pretty impressive percentage. I'd count on more Broncos being bought in manual than Wranglers tbh

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk, the Wrangler sells fairly low numbers of manuals, but the Mustang still sells manuals in a pretty impressive percentage. I'd count on more Broncos being bought in manual than Wranglers tbh
Especially initially

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's sports car vs suv though. The corvette also had an impressive, though steadily declining manual take rate (I believe it was still 20% before the C8 came out without one). I wouldn't expect that the Bronco will have a significantly higher take rate compared to the wrangler, except maybe in the first year or so when all the enthusiasts are buying theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I'll get mine manual if it's an option. I'm just expecting most of them won't be.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's sports car vs suv though. The corvette also had an impressive, though steadily declining manual take rate (I believe it was still 20% before the C8 came out without one). I wouldn't expect that the Bronco will have a significantly higher take rate compared to the wrangler, except maybe in the first year or so when all the enthusiasts are buying theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I'll get mine manual if it's an option. I'm just expecting most of them won't be.
It may not be a sports car, but I also don't think it'll be as popular with the females as the Wrangler is... I don't think there was ever a "Barbie Bronco"

FWIW, every person I know with a JL is a female except for 1 male, who happened to buy a manual

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Manual transmission 8C6682ED-6BE8-4316-B382-BC3FD6FC766C
GOOD NEWS! Kinda.
The interior spy photos just leaked today! And it shows a Lever shifter on the center console. (NOT A MANUAL) but at least a shifter NOT a dial. Meaning they could easily throw in a manual lever in the same spot.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but only ~5% of wranglers Sold are manuals.
And most are either basic sport packages or full blown rubicon.
If ford matches odds are you’ll only see it on the XLT and Raptor. Nothing else
Then it sounds like I would get the Raptor I always wanted... Raptor with a manual!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then it sounds like I would get the Raptor I always wanted... Raptor with a manual!
I'd forego all logic and reason for a manual Raptor
Sponsored