Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is what it is. I sold my 2019 4Runner back in June for $4k more than I paid for it new. It actually meant the dealer paid about $500 OVER MSRP for a 2 year old 4Runner with 30k on it. I didn't feel bad about it. Something is worth what people will pay.

I feel mostly safe with my deal. Documented in writing, signed by both me and the dealer. If the dealer pulls some shennanigans, I'm out. Talking to the salesman one day, they will mark up ones that they have on the floor available for sale. People are going to pay for the convenience of leaving with one today. Orders with a $500 deposit were MSRP, with signed paperwork. The good news is that the Bronco is a want, not a need.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With dealerships like this, Why would Ford not entertain a direct sale model similar to Tesla….Give customers the choice to buy thru a dealership or buy direct.
The dealership model is protected from direct competition by many state and local laws throughout the US. Car dealerships are often deeply involved in local politics. There is essentially no lobby to eliminate or curtail the relevant franchise laws, whereas there is a strong lobby to maintain the existing regulatory moat.

No doubt the big automakers would face a dealer revolt if they tried to use their own political leverage to upset the applecart. Also you can bet that the issue would be painted as the big guy (Ford) hurting the little guy (dealers). The dealers are employers and major political donors in all these local areas, whereas Ford's political pull is mostly at the federal level and in their manufacturing communities.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
It's not true for every deal . i have just ordered last week a F150 2022 LARIAT 4X4 CREW CAB FX4 502 Pkg. WITH XTR Pkg. 360 degré cam+ few extra liked 6 years extended warranty, and i pay 5,000.00$ below MSRP with Priority code 10 and finance from FORD 18,000.00$ AT 0.99% for 3 years for me a good deal.....
i excpect to receive in march 2022 and wife BRONCO it's delayed to 2023 !!!
TRACKTOY

Scarface

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must be a Grainger order…

Several of my normal vendors have been passing along their increased costs as of late. I had an enclosed trailer that had three commodities related price increases between my order in February and delivery in September. My dealer showed me the price increase letters and all associated documentation, but at the end of the day the increase was 36%. Their normal margin is 20%, they dropped theirs to 12% and I paid the other 28%. I was surprised the price increases on the 2022 Bronco are so little. GM marked up their average work truck MSRP ~$2000 per unit and the fleet incentives dropped significantly. I have 20 on order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey some people feel an overwhelming need to explain why getting bent over a barrel is actually in their best interest. I don't get it. But to each their own, I suppose.
It’s not in my best interest nor do I like it, but it’s the reality of today’s economic and commodities situation. Far too many here have never owned a business or seem to think that dealerships have limitless pockets. If the dealership goes under where will you get your warranty claims repaired?

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s not in my best interest nor do I like it, but it’s the reality of today’s economic and commodities situation. Far too many here have never owned a business or seem to think that dealerships have limitless pockets. If the dealership goes under where will you get your warranty claims repaired?
I still refuse to be a bootlicker for corporate greed. Manufacturers provide more than enough profit at MSRP for dealerships to survive. The only reason these dealerships are charging these prices is because there are idiots out there willing to pay them. If nobody would pay the outrageous prices, they'd start selling at the suggested prices. It's greed because they can. It has nothing to do with "having to make ends meet."

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still refuse to be a bootlicker for corporate greed. Manufacturers provide more than enough profit at MSRP for dealerships to survive. The only reason these dealerships are charging these prices is because there are idiots out there willing to pay them. If nobody would pay the outrageous prices, they'd start selling at the suggested prices. It's greed because they can. It has nothing to do with "having to make ends meet."

Your understanding is severely lacking.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way things are it makes my life simple. I'll be keeping my 2014 Wrangler and Ram a few more years. Same with my Trailer. The RV industry is just a screwed up as the auto. The Bronco is cool but it's the first year of a new vehicle with no history. You got money to burn, go for it. It's called capitalism, supply and demand. Under normal situations it's bad enough, but with the way the world is now you could have a nice paperweight you are making payments on sitting in the driveway. Example,,,, a few months back Wranglers were parked due to no oil cooler/filter housing in stock and thousands on backorder. I hope things get better soon, but they won't.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really. But nice job making a statement with no evidence to back your claim.
You are making very ridiculous statements, nearly everything displays no knowledge or insight.

Throw away lines like "corporate bootlicker" and "greed" might get you upvotes on Reddit or retweets...so maybe try those echo Chambers.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger is still offering good deals on Fords, Rams and Jeeps....Look around the forums to see their pricing, but it is mostly under invoice.
Sponsored